Gotham Ratings Season 2

Ratings: Gotham Returns Up, Blindspot Comes Back to Series Lows

Fox’s Gotham returned from its long winter nap on Monday with 4.2 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, up a tick from its fall finale and on par with its Season 2 average.

Versus what X-Files was doing in the time slot (because someone will ask), the Batman origin drama was down 49 and 42 percent.

With a softer lead-in, Lucifer (3.9 mil/1.3) slipped 20 percent and two tenths, to series lows.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | The Voice opened Season 10 with 13.2 million viewers and a 3.4 rating, up in audience but off a tenth in the demo from its fall premiere. Blindspot returned from its bazillion-week hiatus to 6.8 mil and a 1.8, down a few eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo to hit new series lows.

CBS | Supergirl (6.8 mil/1.4), Scorpion (9.2 mil/1.5) and NCIS: LA (7.9 mil/1.2) all ticked down, with the first two hitting series lows.

ABC | The Bachelor (8.1 mil/2.5) and Castle (5.3 mil/1.1) each dropped a handful of eyeballs while steady in the demo.

THE CW | Crazy Ex (900K/0.3) and Jane the Virgin (910K/0.3) were flat.

1. Coach Taylor says:

These Hiatus’s are SO DUMB they ruin every single show

• Ryan says:

I really don’t mind the hiatus for shows it allows for a solid run of episodes and I think helps the creatives behind the shows the ability to reset/refocus. It’s like 2 mini-series or cable type drama series which I think works alot better.

• canadian ninja says:

Creatively yeah, I agree. But ratings wise it hardly ever works out well. Especially when the show is not a buzzy-juggernaut AND they promote it like it’s in witness protection.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Great to see Blindspot finally coming back after a three month hiatus but I thought the numbers for the show’s long awaited return would have gone up since back in late November. Last night’s Scorpion was entertaining especially when Sylvester got picked to COME ON DOWN as a contestant on The Price is Right and I wish that the game show needs to be retired for good all because of Drew Carey and the entire crew.

• dumb idea says:

People forget. They lose interest. These long breaks are momentum killers, every time. I will never understand why networks do it.

• Mr. Tran K says:

One last note: I wish Drew Carey better stop saying GOOD LUCK because that is the two most annoying words coming out of his mouth when he’s hosting The Price is Right.

3. DavidJ says:

Frustrating to see these drops for Supergirl when the episodes have been so good lately.

• drhenning says:

Supergirl is up against mighty competition in that 8pm Monday spot… SG was very good. As was Gotham which I watched next.. I found it interesting that a couple of the ad spots had storylines.. People can’t skip them.

• tvjunkie says:

Scorpion dropped as well. I think The Voice had something to do with that as well as the return of Gotham.

• Phun says:

Yeah, it looks like all the CBS scripted shows dropped this week. Ugh! I was hoping for an increase this week for Supergirl after tying the series low last week. But I guess it was tough going against the Voice and The Bachelor.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope NCIS: LA needs to be moved for next season if it gets renewed. The 10 pm Monday night time slot for three major networks (ABC, CBS and NBC) have always been up and down on a weekly basis every TV season.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Oh Lucifer, you devil. Oh well, I’m gonna watch it while I can. Tom Ellis is so great in this role.

• Chris says:

Since Fox doesn’t report L+SD ratings anymore, they’ll probably renew “Lucifer” for season two if it continues to do well in L+3 and L+7 ratings! Fox did renew “Scream Queens” after all due to their success on other data besides from L+SD!

5. Tina says:

Will Lucifer be another series Gotham will help kill being a lead in? Gotham is a terrible show.

6. Liz says:

How is it that not even a million people watch Jane the Virgin every Monday? YOU ARE MISSING OUT, PEOPLE!!!! It’s amazing.

7. Drew says:

I’d love to see The X-Files paired with Gotham next year. I won’t watch Lucifer. Not only do I find the idea of the show to be stupid and offensive, but the show just looks bad in the commercials. Like, really, really bad. If the show isn’t actually that bad, they need to fire whoever makes the commercials.

8. Jake says:

Poor Lucifer, I’m afraid the devil won’t get his due if it keeps up like this.

9. SK says:

The long hiatus hurt Blindspot’s numbers, I believe. It should bounce back as more people realize it’s back.
    Supergirl’s been really good, too.

• herman1959 says:

Agreed, my busy weekend ran into Monday and I forgot Blindspot was coming back. I’ll catch it on hulu. I did catch Supergirl and it was GOOD.

• Simon Jester says:

I remembered it was back, but if the choice is Blindspot vs. Better Call Saul, Blindspot is getting the DVR every time.

10. Ouch for Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend :( Two of my favorite shows.

• Simon Jester says:

While I’d like ratings to be higher, there’s nothing particularly bad about holding steady from week to week.

11. kmw says:

Good for Gotham to stay where pretty much where they were at after such a long time off. All things considered Lucifer wasn’t as down as I thought and neither was The Blindspot. Supergirl and the rest of CBS Monday is struggling. Bachelor and The Voices ratings not a surprise and Castle staying even in demo was good

12. Boiler says:

Even if demo ticked down a touch nice for Scorpion. Don’t watch Blindspot but looks like another show to be hurt by these dumb breaks. Networks really need to go with two separate seasons and get rid of the reruns. Also interesting to see The CW continue to get hit with its lousy decisions

• ABG says:

CW is having an OK season. Monday’s are down for sure, but every other day is either steady (Tuesday and Wednesday) or up (Friday and Thursday)

13. Betisa says:

Hiatus… the best new EXCUSE.

14. e. says:

How on earth Is Scorpion getting those numbers – it is literally one of the dumbest thing on TV.

15. Paul says:

Once upon a time networks only took breaks for a week or so for holidays. Now with these extended breaks viewers lose interest killing momentum.

16. Joey Padron says:

Glad Gotham did well in ratings returning back. Hope the ratings goes good for the rest of new episodes!

17. James D says:

not surprised by the Blindspot numbers. long hiatus will do that. I wish more people would watch Lucifer it is really good and I really want a second season.

18. HAP says:

Anyone at NBC have a brain? Why in the world put their breakout show on a 14 week hiatus mid-season. They got what they deserved.

19. leo says:

Keep a hit series on an extended hiatus and what a surprise the ratings numbers drop. Who’s the genius in charge of programing at the studio.

20. Larc says:

If networks elect to put successful shows on extended hiatus and lots of viewers get hooked on something else during that interim, those networks fully deserve whatever grief they may get from it.

21. leo says:

Supergirl keeps slipping slightly on the ratings but continues to out perform others in their time slot. Didn’t expect Supergirl to be about the devotion between Kara and Alex. It is a very nice touch raising it above the usual trope.

22. bigdede says:

I don’t feel sorry for Jane the Virgin at all. That show was so good then they had to make Petra pregnant and make Michael the good guy. I’m sick of the lopsided writing. I knew something like this would happen since last year the cast gave interviews and said Michael belongs with Jane. Even the guy who plays Rafael said that. I don’t like shows where I’m told who I should want together. Michael is one of the most annoying characters on that show. Bye Jane.

23. TV22 says:

Funny, I love the X-Files, but Gotham is a better show in 2016. As for Blindspot, it’s the NBC “we have to drag out the back story too long” syndrome. Watch for Blacklist to start to decline after it comes back too for the same reason – don’t tell the story and go on hiatus and you’ll lose viewers.

24. Cathy says:

Love the show Blindspot but find the music can be too loud that I cannot hear the conversation.