Exclusive

Castle Sneak Peek: Rick Finds a Case That Captures Hisssss Interest

Castle, P.I., is looking for excitement — but his partners in mystery-solving aren’t feeding his need.

As seen in this sneak peek from Monday’s episode (ABC, 10/9c), Alexis and Hayley (played by Molly Quinn and Toks Olagundye) have drummed up tons of investigative work, to be sure, but none of the kind that piques the interest of their boss man (Nathan Fillion). Luckily — and lest the Nikki Heat author be left to face his writer’s block — a bizarre breaking news story is just what the private detective ordered.

Elsewhere in the Season 8 episode “And Justice For All,” Beckett and the boys look into the murder of an English as a Second Language student. But when the victim’s class won’t talk to the police, Rick goes undercover as a French-Canadian immigrant, where he learns that the victim was more than he seemed.

1. Court says:

Does Alexis have any sort of life outside of being a PI? I’m so sick of Alexis. Go back to college and be productive. She has no life. It’s so unrealistic.

2. KLS says:

So….is Hayley an employee now of Richard Castle Investigations? Maybe just setting things up for 814 when they all go to LA…I am still confused about Alexis (super sleuth/college Sr/secretary/protector of all).

3. Grey says:

Is it too much to ask that ABC releases a sneak peek for this episode that also includes Beckett?

• KLS says:

Sneak Peak #3 has Beckett. ABC has never been good about choosing the right scenes for their promos and sneaks, especially if they are trying to save the show. The SP for “The Nose” was a catastrophe.

4. Lora says:

Did I miss a time jump
    Or why does Alexis dress and act like a 40 years old!

5. Finn says:

It already looks boring …

6. Coco says:

Wow, they is a LOT of Alexis this year, this isn’t really nice to do that to us 😂

7. Coco says:

And seriously, why the hell do they dress Alexis like that ?? She can’t wear something a normal 20 year old girl would wear ? Would that be against her new super detective status ?
    We already had Castle dressed terribly (he looks like a 60 year old with his 376 blue shirts and giant coats) now this … Honestly I think Luke isn’t really good at his job, even Beckett looks were wayyy better in S3-5.

8. Lia says:

Alexis and Hayley… Zzzzzz… Can these two go away for good? I miss Castle old days when it was about a writer and his muse, Castle and Beckett.

9. sigh says:

Ok, I’ve definitely had it. What is the point of these two characters!?? The dialogue isn’t interesting or funny, the show never needed them before and still doesn’t… This show is so boring. I have literally fallen asleep watching the last three episodes and I assure you I’m not at the age where I should be falling asleep at 10:30 PM at night. I used to never miss a single episode and now I just don’t care anymore. At all.

• Boiler says:

Then why the heck are you watching. Reduce your blood pressure and turn off the TV. Books are nice

• Sims says:

Relax..just 1 minute.

• JImN says:

This episode was shot before the winter hiatus when the showrunners were still under the delusion that a Beckettless show (Castle PI) was a winner with the fan base. 8.16 is the first episode in which both Fillion and Katic appear. Will it be any better? Who knows.

• sigh says:

Hmm good point/question. Wish I had more faith in the showrunners listening or at least looking at the ratings for proof of what does/doesn’t work.

• TNT says:

Thx for info JimN

• Annie says:

I would cut them a little slack as this episode was filmed before the hiatus but this promo was put together maybe a week ago. ABC is still desperately trying to make Castle PI and Alexis and Haley happen. For me personally, I find Alexis and ?Haley so boring that I won’t be watching until 8×16 and I already know I’ll be skipping the Haley episode (8×18). I have absolutely no interest in Haley or Alexis. It’s sad because I really liked Aleixs the first 5-6 seasons but in the last few years her condescending attitude and daddy obsession has gotten really old.

• Anubhab Banerjee says:

Well if it is the case then you want to say episode no. 9 and 10 were shot after episode 11-15 ? I think it’s very unlikely. Though I won’t disagree with the fact that Castle S08 is very boring and the showrunner’s new idea failed miserably.

• KLS says:

I think JimN was saying that 816 is when SK & NF are on screen in both life/work. Kate moves back into the loft in 816. Ep 801-814 (most of 814) were filmed in 2015. The rest of 814 and the series were/are being filmed in 2016.

10. Boiler says:

You people picking on Alexis and Haley really need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. NDFan says:

I don’t mind Alexis and Haley. Looks cute.

12. Brad says:

Why don’t he just get inspiration from Haley at least she’s not after a obsession

13. lame says:

I’m waiting for Alexis to begin packing . Her first shootout should exciting, hopefully going through two clips in rapid fire.

14. Anonymous says:

And this sneak peek ladies and gentlemen is a microcosm of what’s been wrong with Castle (the show) all year long. The mess continues…..
    Ratings don’t lie. This episode is DOA. And will simply add to the junk pile of episodes that are Season 8.

• Anon says:

Terrible! Alexis is trying very hard to be grown up, but fails miserably both in appearance and attitude. MQ should really try out some new expressions. The smugness and superiority is irritating. Haley has the most pointless dialog ever. Unfortunately, this is the future of the show.

15. Ira says:

I agree, although plenty of promo
    Pictures have her in them

16. As a fan of Fillion from waaayyy back, even I was really worried when Marlow stepped down as head writer. His wit and clever use of the characters is what built Castle into a beloved storyline. Let’s bee honest, David Aman (?) should have NEVER touched the writer’s desk! He single handedly almost sabotaged that show…and, the actors knew it! We ALL knew it! Season 7 was one huge suck fest! Even I couldn’t stomach watching so much talent going to waste every week with trivial dialogue and inconsequential plot lines that did not use the talent of these fine actors! I would Tivo, and as always, buy the season when it came out. I am loyal, if nothing else.
    But, I was in the camp of let this wonderful show end, if they are going to kill it. I’d rather it end while it was still remembered as a Glory Show, than to continue on with a writer wannabe who isn’t any good for this show.
    Thank goodness they made the change to Wright! Considering the damage he was left with, I firmly believe he is turning Castle, Season 8 around. Those who are still criticizing, are hanging on to the aftermath of Season 7.
    Actors can only do so much with the SCRIPTS they are given, people! Direct your venting where it should be placed…the writer of Season 7. He is gone now. Producers heard you, the actors, and saw the plummet in ratings…please give Season 8 a chance to rebuild. I believe Season 9, with Wright at the helm of the writing staff, could really make a Fantastic season!!

• Sorry…Winter, not Wright

• Grey says:

You’re funny. I’ll give you that.

• KLS says:

Hawley is the head showrunner for S8, not Wright/Winter. Some say Winter is co-showrunner in title only. S7 had a slew of problems, not all Amann’s fault and he did get stuck with the whole Castle disappearance fiasco from S6, which wasn’t handled too well on three occasions under his direction: “Driven”, “Montreal”, & “Sleeper”. The lack of closer and continuity of that arc has a direct impact on S8 and for the next few eps 814-816.

• KLS says:

But, Hawley/Winter’s decision to resurrect that storyline and separate the two leads has been the most erroneous to date. That and the plotting nature of any character development after tearing them down to S5 levels, has thrown a serious blow to the season/series. One that it has yet to recover from. Hopefully, 816+ will right the ship.

17. TNT says:

SP # 3..
    I think promotion for Castle gotten better this past week.hope Ms.Dungey save Castle and Caskett

18. Mari says:

My thoughts is that they already sneakily already changing the direction of the show. It’s too bad because it was awesome now it’s just ok.