DC's Legends of Tomorrow Recap

DC's Legends: The New Green Arrow, a Fallen Hero and More 2046 'Spoilers'

This Thursday on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, the team happened upon a very different Oliver Queen upon crash-landing in Star City’s possible timeline circa 2046. But what became of the rest of Team Arrow?

Oliver, now a recluse who lives in the rundown lair — it was ransacked after (a new) Deathstroke outed Green Arrow’s identity — is sporting a lot of facial hair and missing his left hand. But that’s not all that’s changed.

Let’s review the episode’s other big revelations:Legends of Tomorrow

1 | Even though Oliver had been presumed dead, the Green Arrow’s legacy lived on in… Diggle’s son? (Validated!) Turns out Connor Hawke, the archer running around Star City, is actually John Diggle, Jr. He couldn’t save his dad, so he decided he didn’t deserve Dig’s name. Still, you had to smile when at episode’s end, he gave us a “Copy that,” just like ol’ Spartan.

2 | The city’s No. 1 enemy is onceLegends of Tomorrow again Deathstroke — but as in Slade Wilson’s son, Grant. (But really — Grant? We’ll assume a stubborn baby mama won that naming battle.)

3 | Connor mentions that former police captain Quentin Lance is dead (hmm, for how long…?). And as for others near and dear….

4 | “They’re gone. All of them,” Oliver reports. But maybe not everyone is d-e-a-d dead…

5 | “Felicity left after everything that happened,” Oliver says of Palmer Smoak Technologies’ CEO. Does that mean she skedaddled in the nick of time and survived?

What did you think of the Legends‘ trip to this possible 2046? And could you see why the producers at a time thought of Avatar‘s Stephen Lang to play Future Oliver?

1. Mary says:

What an awesome episode!!!! Setup a new bad guy for Arrow in Grant Wilson! And Diggle Jr. that was nice. Felicity may not be there but still had Oliver’s bow nice touch. Then can’t wait to see how the relationship between Snart and Mick plays out.

• tvjunkie says:

What are you talking about? Unless Arrow time jumps a decade or 2, Grant Wilson would be at most no older than a toddler at the current point in the Arrow timeline. Are you seriously suggesting a toddler would make a good bad guy for the Green Arrow?

2. George says:

I thought the pilot for this show was so-so, but I’ve really enjoyed all of the episodes since then

3. Brad says:

Loved the episode old man Oliver ftw lol and deathstroke made me miss arrow season 2 and the music for the last battle was really good

4. Ws says:

Grant Wilson is a character from the comics, I think Marv Wolfman named him.

5. TootyFrooty says:

What a dark episode. This version of Oliver was awesome though. The love triangle stuff was crap. Felicity leaves? What a surprise.

6. Bwhit says:

I loved it! As an Arrow viewer, it was a bonus to see their universe in that context and Oliver fight to save his city again with the help of Dig’s son. It was also great to see Oliver get a nudge from Sara. As a LOT fan, the character development of Leonard Snart was fantastic tonight. Mick likes anywhere he can cause some trouble and have fun, but tonight it was clear that is not enough for Leonard, and I loved that new layer to him.

7. jason says:

ive seen alot of people talk about how they havnt seen an arrow episode this good sence season 2, while im not saying this wasnt good (because it was) its just that i feel that season 3 and 4 of arrow are so differnt from the other seasons because the show has grown and changed so much. That isnt neccisarlly bad and really season 4 has been really good. Or maybe its just me.

8. Joey Padron says:

Great episode. It was great to see Oliver on the show again. Surprised Slade have a son in future. Awesome Diggle is also Green Arrow! And good to see Sara and Oliver together again.

9. Joey Padron says:

I mean Diggle’s son.

10. justme says:

Shouldn’t John Diggle Jr have had more of a reaction to hearing Sarah Lance’s name considering his sister was named after her?

11. Mike says:

Everyone may love this episode, but it doesn’t exactly put a positive spin on what’s to come for Arrow. And I’m sorry, but Ray and Sarah not being around can’t possibly stop an uprising this big. That’s a piss poor excuse for Oliver.

• Mike says:

oh, and maybe someone should enlighten poor Slade Jr that his daddy’s whole vendetta against Oliver is about a woman. The rest was just excuses.

• Lauren says:

But, it’s not set in stone that this is what’s to come on Arrow. As Rip kept saying to Sarah, it’s a possible future which doesn’t really exist once they defeat Savage. At best, this was an alternate reality Star City.

• Bwhit says:

This isn’t what would definitely happen. Rip keeps telling them that the timeline is fluid, so none of what occurred is set in stone in the future. That’s why Rip just wanted to leave after everything was fixed on the ship. I think Oliver was saying that about Ray and Sara because they are main characters on this show and it follows the theme of how delicate the timeline is. To me, this was more about Sara becoming fully invested in the mission because she has seen potential doom in her future regarding the ones she loves.

12. I feel like such a dope. As a Ghost Hunters fan I should have picked up on the nod to my favorite real life Ghost Hunter.

13. Gail says:

Didn’t really think Stephen Amell looked like a 65 year old. Just a guy in a lot of makeup. Would have been better to have an older person play the future Oliver but I suspect fans would complain about that. Since Diggle jr. is not born yet in 2016 is Diggle eliminated as a candidate for the funeral in the Arrow flash forward? We are running low on people who both Barry and Felicity would be very upset about losing.

• Flashrow says:

Well obviously Oliver is not the typicall 65 years old man, otherwise he couldn’t do the half of the stuff that he did in the episode lol

14. Gail says:

Is Mick on his way to leaving the series? Is Conner Hawk going to join the team? Seems there is a lot more they could do with the character.

• csb says:

I never even thought of that, but that would be great. It makes my head hurt trying to figure out how that works as far as timeline, though.

15. LT says:

I’ll say it! I’m enjoying this show more than The Flash and Arrow…so much fun!

16. Weezy says:

Really Really enjoyed this episode. Probably my favorite of Legends of Tomorrow thus far (probably because I like Arrow as well). A couple of little things that bothered me.

1) The casting of Grant Wilson. Loved the twist that he was Slade’s son, but I think they got the casting all wrong. Manu Bennett was such an imposing and intimidating figure, but this Deathstroke was more like a barely out of his teens spoiled brat that wasn’t a very good actor. I personally think Slade would’ve cut him down himself had he seen how his son turned out.

2)The decision to make it seem like Felicity just ditched everyone in the nick of time. I don’t think that’s very accurate, given her character. To abandon friends and family in their greatest time of need is not something I could see Felicity doing.

17. Pat says:

Seeing Oliver in 2046 was amazing, but seeing what Star City looks like, not so much. I am really starting to like Snark. The good in him is surfacing and he is pretty good looking especially his eyes.

18. Ella says:

Once again, the writers fail to mention Laurel more than once – despite the fact that her sister is so heavily invested in the plot. Felicity however, gets 30 mentions. Such a joke.