Limitless Ratings

Ratings: Limitless Slips to New Lows

CBS’ Limitless this Tuesday drew 5.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating (per finals), ticking down to new series lows.

Opening the Eye’s night, NCIS (17.5 mil/2.4) inched up, while New Orleans (12.6 mil/1.8) slipped 7 percent and two tenths.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

THE CW | The Flash (3.8 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth, while iZombie (1.44 mil/0.6) ticked up to its best numbers since Dec. 2.

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.6 mil/1.2) was down a tenth, while The Muppets (2.6 mil/0.8) stabilized. Agent Carter’s double-header averaged 2.5 mil/0.8 up a tenth from last week’s low.

NBC | Chicago Med (6.6 mil/1.5) added a tenth in the demo, while Fire (7.8 mil/1.6) was flat.

FOX | New Girl (2.7 mil/1.2), Grandfathered (2.2 mil/0.8), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.1 mil/0.9) and The Grinder (1.6 mil/0.6) all held onto last week’s season lows.

1. Citizen of the Internet says:

I’m going to miss Agent Carter next year. But did anyone else notice how hilariously anachronistic the periodic table hiding the safe was? How hard is it to find a less recent periodic table? Cn (the last named element pictured) was named in 2009!

• opus says:

I, too, am going to miss Agent Carter. It is one of the best shows on TV, imo, and I am sorry more people haven’t given it a chance. LOL at your catch of the periodic table. I hadn’t noticed, and I guess they didn’t expect anyone would.

• PatriciaLee says:

Hopefully, some suit is a fan, and it will come back. Marvel’s Agent Carter is quality production. Can’t you just see her and Stark getting together? I’m starting to wonder, who is our Iron-Man Stark’s mother?

• jr. says:

I like Limitless! Watched Pitch Slapped live, while Limitless was on opposite last night. But I just watched last night’s Limitless on demand.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Limitless has gone from bad to worse on a Tuesday night.

• Patrick says:

But this has been CBS’s slot of death for a while. Anything other than NCIS:Spinoff has failed, so they may be fine with these numbers.

3. Limitless is great. This sucks.

• maregolden says:

I agree. This is one of my favorite new shows.

• Watching Morra’s evolution into a villain after watching him in the movie has been great.

• maregolden says:

I have not yet seen the movie. I am waiting for it to be available on one of the streaming services I subscribe to.

• Patrick says:

I’m not sure Mora is a villain. It’s being set up that way, which is a little too obvious. Mora didn’t develop the drug. I suspect Mora’s entire “plan” is to take down or counteract whoever first developed the drug. That is why he’s running for President, so that he can have the resources to take on whoever is really behind the NZT. I think we’ll also find out that the enzyme is a placebo. Why else wouldn’t Sands be on the drug? Brian is naturally immune to the worse side effects of the drug, or the enzyme only works on a very small number of people. There was a throwaway line in the movie about how the drug works better if you were smart to begin with, and Brian’s father talked about how good young Brian was at rationalizing or explaining his behavior. The NZT only works on certain people to a high degree, and Mora is ultimately the good guy. He had his reasons for eradicating the street users.

• Cool theory. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

• KCC says:

So Mora becomes President, takes down whoever is really behind NZT then stops using NZT and resigns the Presidency? Are they going to say there are no consequences to taking NZT? I doubt that’s where they’re going. Better living through chemistry won’t be a very popular message. Rationalizing your own behavior does not mean you’re intelligent, it means you’re fooling yourself that your behavior is not self-destructive nor bad for those around you. Actually, it’s the opposite of intelligence. It’s distorting or ignoring the facts to justify your actions. In other words rationalization is a bad quality. The best example of that is what Mora’s doing, if your theory is correct. He’s rationalized his using NZT in order to stop other people from using NZT. At best, I see Mora as a good guy gone bad with self importance and thinking he knows what’s best for everyone else.
            I love this show but I guess it might not be on the schedule next season with it’s declining ratings.

• Jake says:

The reason Sands isn’t getting the drug is Sands is too ruthless. If he were that smart and that ruthless, Mora would probably be in danger. Brian is passive enough to not be a threat. That’s why he was chosen.

• maregolden says:

I actually didn’t know there was a movie until after I started watching the show. I am definitely going to check it out as soon as I can.

• Caro says:

Yeah, probably my favorite new show in at least 3 years. CBS has been evolving, but I’m still not sure it really fits their typical demographic. I’ll be terribly disappointed if it doesn’t get renewed.

• tvjunkie says:

It fits their usual old geezer demographic for dramas far more than Supergirl and that show has been doing fine on Monday nights.

• AJ says:

I agree. It’s one of my favorite shows right now. I paid for CBS All Access just so I could watch it each week because I am usually working or in bed at 9pm on a Tuesday. But first thing Wed. morning I watch it!

4. Does anyone know when Blindspot is coming back? It’s been months since the last episode…

5. Gerald says:

I really love my Tuesday TV shows, but they can’t all be watched Live. So I hope the PRV numbers increase the numbers of my favorites. Limitless and Agent Carter.
    Just dreaming of those being offered on a different night. Oh how the ratings would improve.
    Flash and Teen Wolf and the Muppets were both great. Looking forward to iZombie, Shanara Chronicles and Brooklyn 99.

• Gerald says:

Oh and Line of the week material.
      Scooter “Noooo you made me the first person in the world to lie on Twitter” after finding out he tweeted Kermit and Piggy were back together and they were not.

6. Boiler says:

Too bad FOX continues to mess with Brooklyn99. It has to go after New Girl. It can’t survive between two, what I think are good, but very underperforming shows. Although I personally liked the hiatus strategy, I think we may be seeing why Mr. Lee no longer at ABC. I still think a fall/early winter season followed by a late Winter/Spring season would work nicely. Straight thru and no reruns in either. Matt has this ever been considered by any network?

7. B says:

Wow – sorry to see that Limitless is doing so poorly. I really enjoy its approach and sense of humor. I’m also enjoying Grandfathered very much and New Girl, but unfortunately, The Grinder is starting to wear on me. (I don’t watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine.)

• Mr. Tran K says:

It’s going to be so hard for Fox whether or not both Grandfathered and/or Grinder are going to survive for another season. Hope Brooklyn Nine-Nine should get renewed and I don’t know if New Girl is going to stick around until the very end.

8. TT says:

Limitless was awesome last night
    Enjoy all the actors

• Patrick says:

I love the sister and Ike. Or Mike. Jennifer Carpenter’ character has ZERO romantic/sexual chemistry with Finch, but we don’t have enough platonic characters on TV. They are great as partners, but not as romantic interests.

• Jake says:

Unfortunately, Jennifer Carpenter isn’t leading lady material. She’d be better as Brian’s sister, but not a lead character.

9. Judiwb says:

I LOVE agent Carter–One of the best shows on tv. I wish it wasn’t in danger of being canceled. I can’t watch it live but I DVR it every week!!

10. Kristina says:

Bummer about Limitless; last night’s episode was really good. Hate Agent Carter isn’t doing great either; I really enjoy that one too.

11. Mark says:

Agent Carter needed to start building shield this season to keep it interesting and relevant to whats going on in the bigger MCU.

12. kmw says:

Poor Agent Carter. I wish it was doing better. Even though The Flash was down it still beat two networks. FOX is just struggling on Tuesday, but Brooklyn 99 should still get another year. NCIS should probably be staying where its at or higher for rest of season, but Limitless is not retaining either NCIS show very well.

• Patrick says:

B99 will get another year. The Sunday lineup will probably lose Bordertown (yay, its AWFUL) and Cooper Barret (which I enjoy). B99 worked on Sunday, so I could see it moving back to then.
      Plus, Fox has to replace American Idol next year, which means they have to find another 2-3 hours of programming in the Winter/spring. So….B99 probably gets another year, or 3.

13. John NYC says:

Limitless had an attractive premise but I wandered off after two episodes. Just not compelling for me.

14. herman1959 says:

Obviously, Fox’s strategy of airing 4 half-hour comedies in a block is just not working, and ABC is not doing that much better.

15. Carm says:

I really like the Grinder. It sucks that it is doing so poorly.

16. JM says:

Sad news about Limitless. Really enjoy that show.

17. lsn826 says:

Hmmm…let’s see…the story lines are kind of stupid! Just saying! They have a chance to really make this a great show, but stop with Brian making this a clown show.

18. KingDave says:

I love the movie Limitless, but it’s not a comedy, like the TV show. If they’d kept the same tone it would be much, much better. I want it to succeed because I’m interested in the underlying story. The show has so much potential.

• KCC says:

I like it because of the way it’s telling the story. I won’t call it a comedy. If it was another Blacklist, Person of Interest or Quantico I don’t know that I would watch it. They’re all shows I watch but I don’t know I need another one like that. The fact Brian’s mind works in a quirky way is what makes it fun to watch, at least for me.

• tvjunkie says:

Don’t lump Quantico in with Blacklist or Person of Interest (or Blindspot for that matter). They’re all far better shows than that mess called Quantico. I generally enjoy such shows but gave up after about 5 episodes because it was pretty bad. It was hard to fathom how FBI agents could be so stupid.