Pretty Little Liars Recap

Pretty Little Liars Recap: Dreading Bells

Marriage was all anyone could talk about on Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars. Well, marriage and murder. (Come on, people, we’re still in Rosewood.)

Let’s start with the least-surprising surprise: Elliott popped the question to Alison, and considering her name was “Alison Rollins” during that flash-forward in the summer finale, I hope none of you were surprised that she said yes.

Of course, his proposal didn’t exactly come under the happiest circumstances. Thanks to a suggestive text from the girls’ new stalker, Ali blamed herself for Charlotte’s death; her sister ran away from home that night after Ali told her she was in a relationship with her doctor.

But is Ali really to blame? Not if you ask Hanna and Emily…

SISTER, CRACKED | We learned this week that Hanna and Melissa “Hot Mess” Hastings bumped into each other in London a few years back. Spencer’s lushy sister shared that Wren dumped her after getting a phone call from Charlotte — possibly about the Bethany Young fiasco — and posed this incriminating question: “If she’s willing to tell him, who else is she going to tell?” If you pair this with Damian’s reveal that Melissa was in town before Charlotte was released, it sure does make her look guilty. (But did she also try to run Emily over this week? I’ve always assumed Melissa was a terrible driver, so I wouldn’t be surprised.)

HASTY EXIT | Haven’t the Liars and their loved ones learned by now that no good deed goes unpunished? Caleb managed to encrypt Spencer’s mother’s medical records, but when it was leaked that Yvonne had an abortion — which is a major problem, considering her mother is running on a pro-life platform — the investigators traced it back to Caleb. Despite Spencer’s pleas, Caleb dismissed himself from Veronica’s campaign… and moved out of Chez Hastings. Is this the end of #Spaleb? (I mean, I figured they weren’t forever, but I expected them to last longer than this.)

AN ELLA-GANT CEREMONY | But because I like to end things on a high note… Ella and Byron got re-married this week! It was a lovely, albeit sparsely, service — seriously, Mike couldn’t have visited from Beacon Hills college for this? — officiated by Aria, who solidified her relationship with Liam after he learned about her history with Ezra.

Lingering Questions:

* Was that Mona disguised as a hotel maid?

* Am I crazy, or is Emily’s egg subplot kind of ridiculous? Like, even for PLL?

Your thoughts on this week’s episode? New theories about the girls’ two stalkers? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Me says:

The finger was actually pointed at spencer re: the Yvonne leak. Caleb said it was him to divert attention.

2. lauri5567 says:

1. I thought it was interesting that to Emily, it referred to “Our baby” Does this mean it’s a male?
    2. Did this write Wren out since the actor is too busy to return?
    3. Was the foreshadowing heavy between Ella and Hanna or just me? Also, I assume May 17th is the season finale.
    4. I assume that Aria and Ezra are going to “slip” and have sex again. Liam has no problem assuming Ezra is a raging alcoholic. I would expect him to be more upset that Ezra, also, likes to date underage girls.

• March 15 is s6 finale.S7 probably starts in June airs 10 episodes then goes on hiatus til Jan

• valihanna says:

sorry for the late comment!
        I assume lauri5567 meant May 17th “in Rosewood time”…because that’s the date Hanna picked up for the wedding (she left a message on Jordan’s answering machine at the end)…

3. nadialus says:

Emily’s finger prints are now all over the murder weapon. I also think her storyline is kind of weak. I think it would of made more sense having her have a drug problem. For everything that has happened to those girls, it seems like their PTSD should be a bit worse than they’re showing. As for Spencer and Caleb, they’re already showing heavy doubt in Hannah marrying what’s his name. (No really, he’s been so bleh to me I haven’t learned his name.) There’s no way they were going to last as a couple. Of all the relationships on PLL Hannah and Caleb are almost certain to be endgame. I’m kind of annoyed that they’re dragging that storyline out. I never loved Mona in the earlier seasons but I’m really feeling her absence. She should have more screen time.

4. Kelly says:

Did I miss something? What was Emily doing at a deserted diner?

• Jacob says:

That was the diner that Tanner asked about the previous episode, there was a call to Charlotte from there on the night she was murdered.

5. Ingmar says:

I have a feeling Wren is the new ”A”. We now know he talked with Charlotte, so they may have become close. He also knows how she stalked them, so it could be him…out of revenge. As for the murderer? No idea. Like they said…could be anyone who loves them (though it’s strange that that person wanted to kill/scare Emily aswell? Plus the egg hint (”our baby”) kind of suggests the stalker is male.

As for the relationship drama…I have no issues with Spencer/Caleb. I’m actually loving them; they were a long time coming if you ask me. I hope they last longer than this. Obviously they are not endgame (Hanna is clearly still in love with Caleb) and this was just written in for relationship drama, but I still want them to last longer than a few episodes.

Happy for Byron and Ella. Also glad that the truth about Aria/Ezra is finally on the table aswell.

• Cas says:

Agreed about Spencer/Caleb. They were definitely a long time coming as there were times when they worked together in the past that I thought they might hookup. Great chemistry. And honestly if Hanna was stupid enough to let him get away it’s her fault.

6. Ali says:

PLL has completely lost its way. I used to find the episodes so gripping and sometimes scary. The doll shop “follow me end up like me”, the weird mask man. Now I literally only watch it out of habit. I’m so disappointed in this half of the season!!

7. Riana says:

Elliot is the killer. He killed Charlotte because he wants Alison to himself.

8. Belle says:

The egg thing is really stupid, sorry for language but it is! This entire twist is kinda out there in left field…anti-climatic “A” reveal and now this who killed “A” (aka Charlotte), I wish they could go back and re-write most everything…even using the books themselves as a storyline would be better than this :( Alas, I will suffer through till the end and hope things get better for Rosewood and viewers!

9. spu says:

Just when I think it’s not possible for the girls to get any more stupid, they prove me wrong. I mean WHICH idiot goes snooping around an empty diner, alone, after everything that happened to them? And on top of that not even trying to see who came out of the car to collect the murder weapon??! Also, these girls really need to grow up and move on from their high school relationships. Im not trying to support any ship, Im just saying if they end up with their high school boyfriends it won’t be realistic. Honestly I don’t know why Im still watching this show!

10. Amber says:

I want to see more of hottie Toby!!!