Arrow Oliver/Felicity Wedding

Arrow First Look: Is This Oliver and Felicity's Wedding Day?

So maybe the reveal of Oliver’s big secret in Wednesday’s Arrow won’t spell the end for his relationship with fiancée Felicity, after all?

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim shared on Twitter what appears to be a photo of the couple’s wedding, complete with the bride (standing!) in her gorgeous gown.

But we can’t help noticing that the nuptials don’t seem to be very well attended. Nor are Oliver and Felicity even holding hands. Could this actually be a bad dream? Or an impromptu ceremony forced by extenuating circumstances?

UPDATE: Guggenheim later tweeted, “Not a dream sequence. Not a hallucination. Not an alternate reality. Not a flash forward to a potential future.”

UPDATE #2: Mystery solved! According to an official episode description for the show’s return on March 23, the team learns Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) is “killing couples on their wedding day so Oliver and Felicity decide to pose as bait.”

Check out the photo below (click to zoom), then share your theories!
arrow-oliver-felicity-wedding

1. Olicity says:

I’m unable to properly breath. This is every single thing holy in this world. I need Olicity like I need air. Dream or not this picture is a gift! Ps… I am going to need this for real… ASAP!

• Liz says:

Here, breathe into a paper bag! LOL. It will happen for real. Maybe not this season but eventually. You don’t tease a dream/hallucination wedding and then not show a real one. This is not how Arrow works. It’s too predictable sometimes!

2. Liz says:

Wow, she looks so beautiful. I love it. But no, this isn’t a real wedding. They clearly split up in this week’s episode. I’m guessing a dream or hallucination because it sounds as if their wedding was coming up soon. So it makes sense one of them would dream about it and it probably goes wrong.

They look so good together standing there though. Olicity! <3

3. Fosho says:

I’m thinking this is a hallucination from episode 16 when Cupid makes her come back. Regardless, give me all the Olicity goodness cuz I’m greedy that way. Can’t wait to watch.

4. Dorian says:

It’s a dream duh

5. Ash says:

This is Marc’s way of steering us away from BM drama and the breakup. You are an evil genius Marc. The real wedding will probably be under lock and key. We might not even get a glimpse of the dress until the episode airs. They really do look good together n this picture. Too bad it’s a dream because they break up tomorrow. Why do you have to do this me Marc? Just why. I am not ready for tomorrow’s angst fest.

6. Maria says:

It’s a hallucination wedding. Cupid is probably crashing this wedding or she drugged Oliver to think he’s marrying Felicity. Either way Marc G. Released this photo because he knows people don’t like the baby mama drama storyline and some people are going to not watch it tomorrow and not tweet about it either.

• Liz says:

To be fair, the baby mama storyline is awful. It would have been nice to see Oliver as a dad but we didn’t even see that. We just have the stupid lie. I can’t wait for it to be over. But MG played me well because that picture has me smiling, even though I know Olicity is over for a while tomorrow!

• Isobel says:

Agree and the kid isn’t Connor Hawke, I’m not sure what the point of both characters was long term

• Liz says:

I think they originally planned for him to be Connor but there was backlash on whitewashing his mother. In the comics, Connor is mixed race I think, so they kind of messed up.

• Janie says:

Ohhh…I assumed it was a dream but I love your theory of Cupid drugging Oliver!

7. Carla Krae says:

Nice pic. But it’s not real. Real Arrow weddings don’t look like this.

8. ashleysueslc says:

Or maybe it’s a vision induced by Cupid…

9. Ella says:

I’m amazed at how badly and irresponsibly this disability storyline has been handled. It was done for utter shock value and then POOF, 5 episodes later Felicity can walk again. The writing has been poor thanks to Olicity pandering for the last 2 seasons but I didn’t think it would cross the line into completely ridiculous. Basically tuning in every week for Diggle and Black Canary.

10. DarkDefender says:

My money is on it being a dream.

11. Julieann says:

I would love the fact that they get married, but not so keen on the fact that she’s standing. I think that they need to stay on the paralyze of Felicity. It was a gorgeous picture even if it is a dream…

12. kath says:

I guess they’re really worried that people won’t tune back in after Oliver and Felicity break up in Wednesday’s episode.
    Pretty sure that’s a hallucination; hoping that it’s Oliver realizing what an idiot he’s been again.

13. Adam says:

Maybe I’m focusing on the wrong thing here, but with all their combined wealth, they couldn’t have picked a more attractive and well lit venue?

• Liz says:

LOL I actually thought the same thing! I’m glad it’s not their real wedding. Not really impressed with what is there. LOL.

14. If it;s for real, as in this season, then it may be a clue as to who died in the Forward Flash from the beginning of the season, and Olicity decide on the spur of the moment to elope and avoid any further risk to anyone else’s. And it raises the chances in my mind that it is William’s mother who is in the grave….that explains Barry’s being there in that pivotal scene.

15. immeam says:

hope this sweet dream comes true..as its arrow ,anything can happen…fingers crossed..

16. Luca says:

It’s a dream the real wedding will happen soon

17. Pat says:

This is a beautiful picture of them together at their wedding, but as most have commented this must be a dream. So with that said, I am wondering if they will ever get married or will this dream be it for all of us who would love to see these two walk down the aisle?

18. Nia says:

Good thing that they are being broken up. Arrow ratings have been fractional for 3 straight weeks now. Something has to change.

• Josh says:

It’s not because of Olicity that couple that hasn’t taken over the show like haters say plus it just came out this season as a whole has increased viewership from dreadful season 3

• Nia says:

Well, I watch the show and Oliver and Felicity’s relationship are definitely one of it’s biggest factors so the “haters” might be on to something. While an improvement over last year is great, Arrow can still do better than it has over the last couple of weeks, imo.

• Liz says:

Are you blaming Olicity for bad ratings? LOL. You can’t blame one thing on the show. And the show has always held a 0.9-1.1 demo, even in the first season. The ratings are fine. Actually they’re good for a show in its fourth season.

19. Don’t kill Olicity. Don’t make this like a dream sequence or sth going horribly wrong!

20. armi rosello soliva says:

i had this feeeling..this is real…

21. Janie says:

So smart. The fandom was going crazy yesterday fighting about Oliver and Felicity’s breakup and his justification for the lie, and then the showrunner shut it all down by tweeting out this pic (which was quickly shared by Amell — who hates sharing spoilers). So even though this is clearly a dream or hallucination (I’m guessing it’s Oliver’s in the episode following the breakup), that was some quality damage control!

22. Ansing says:

If it’s true or not, considering what happened a couple of weeks ago, if they are getting married they had better get Nyssa’s permission first!

23. 134sc says:

Has it been confirmed that Olicity breaks up this episode? Cuz since the crossover, many things have happened to and around Felicity that may inform her reaction. I actually think that the child/lie is not the reason they break up. I’m sure she wont be happy about it, but i think something else happens in the upcoming episodes that breaks them up. Felicity has grown a lot since the crossover, so I would b disappointed if she over reacts and breaks up with Oliver like she did in the previous timeline.

24. Meg says:

I like the theory of Cupid drugging Oliver, or perhaps it is a charade to capture Cupid. Sad day though, because I like them together, and think this whole secret thing is really silly. It seems like the writers had to create some sort of drama to split them up, and they chose an illogical, convoluted, and contrived method of doing so with the “lie.”

25. Liz says:

Well. MG confirmed this is not a dream or a hallucination which was my first guess! No idea what is happening. Just hope they don’t actually get married. I love Olicity but Oliver broke Felicity’s trust and they need time to deal with that. So I really don’t want any of this wedding stuff.

26. John Drake says:

I wonder if Oliver and Felicity are dealing with the same issues I and my wife had to deal with: so many people decided “what’s best” for the wedding that it no longer is Olicity’s moment. When it happened to us, we told everyone we were running to the store for a Dr. Pepper, then took off to Carmel, got married, three days of traveling from Carmel to San Francisco – just the two of us – then back to our jobs on Monday. Some flak ( one girl bought a special dress she didn’t get to use ), but in the end WE were happy. And if anyone could use a bit of happiness, its Olicity…because I still think Felicity’s mom is going to bite the big one for that graveyard scene at the end of the year.

27. number6ix says:

28. Carleton says:

This is in Diggles house. I would put money on it.

29. Imzadi says:

No rabbi, no chuppah (sp?), no yarmulke on Oliver? Felicity lit a menorah at Christmastime. I thought she’d have a Jewish wedding!

30. Patricia A Kehr says:

They are, they aren’t, back & forth, up & down. Whatever. I will like arrow no matter what.