Prison Break Revival Cast

Prison Break: Mark Feuerstein Cast as [Spoiler]'s Husband in Fox Revival

Prison Break has sentenced Mark Feuerstein to a life of violence and heartache domestic bliss with Dr. Sara Tancredi.

TVLine has learned that the Royal Pains alum is joining Fox’s forthcoming revival in the recurring role of Scott Ness, the formidable husband of Sarah Wayne Callies’ Dr. Sara Tancredi. Callies is in talks to return as Sara, but there’s no deal currently in place.

Series stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows in the 9-episode event series, which was greenlit in January.

“The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden recently shared. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”

Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise. Noting how many times the characters have broken out of prison, “It’s not a documentary!” she laughed.

The Fox drama’s original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead, will executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. A government agency faked Michael’s death to send him to a foreign land to infiltrate a prison where a government asset is being held prisoner. In order to help him in this endeavour, they tattooed those prison’s plans on his body. Imagine that as the set up for a crossover with 24, with the foreign land being Russia and the asset being Jack Bauer.

2. Bwhit says:

He better be a company operative like Lauren was in Alias with Vaughn. I get she thought Michael was dead but I don’t like this lol. Is it going to up like the movie Castaway?!? I’m spinning here!

3. Gwen says:

What does this mean for “Royal Pains”?

4. lqza says:

Why on earth have they brought this back? I stopped watching after PB’s second series as it just got so stupid. I mean, having a hand stitched back by a vet without anaesthetic! Just plain silly!

• David4 says:

Shows no longer stay dead, no matter how much they should.

• Annie says:

Lol the hand thing was a stretch. But I’ve been rewatching the show and I’m actually really surprised at how much I’ve been enjoying s3&4. S3 is actually a pretty strong season; tight storytelling and well paced. There’s some ridiculous elements you have to overlook but oh well. S4 is definitely the roughest…but if I watch it as a conspiracy spy thriller it’s also not terrible.
      The show will never be the excellence it was in s1 or 2. But I dunno, I think that’s okay. If you accept its going to be a ridiculous ride into crazy town lol, it can be fun.
      I also don’t think they were expecting the level of fan response that happened from them working on Flash together. Purcell & Miller do work great together; that sort of chemistry that’s rare. Spawned a spinoff, so why not give another season to the thing that originally started the fan love.

• Sammi says:

Totally agree with you. I loved Prison Break so much, that I am beyond exciting for this revival. You’re right seasons 1 and 2 were without question the best seasons, but I don’t hate 3 and 4. I do hope the revival is closer to the quality of the early seasons though.

I do think the fan reaction to Wentworth and Dominic on Flash is a big reason this show is being made. I mean I watch the two of them on Legends of Tomorrow, and I can’t get over it. it makes me so happy that I giggle like an idiot every time they are on screen together haha.

Revivals might be over done now, but I don’t care. If I loved a show as much as I loved Prison Break I’ll never be upset with them brining it back. No matter how ridiculous it is.

• Bwhit says:

I agree with all of this. I’m doing a re-watch of the series and am at the beginning of season 3. If you watch a few episodes at a time, it’s good storytelling, character wise.

I would have tried Legends of Tomorrow if Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell weren’t a part of it but I wouldn’t have gotten as quickly invested as I did (I only watched The Flash because they said Wentworth was going to guest star!) There is something about those two working together that I cannot get enough of.

I also said when this was announced that I could absolutely care less how they explain Michael being alive as long as he is! The ending of the series made me so sad and I haven’t watched that episode or the Final Break since. Now with me re-watching it, those last moments will be easier to take because the reboot is looming. I just don’t like Sara being married because whatever Michael has been through, it probably isn’t pretty and now his wife is re-married….. Ouch!

• Sammi says:

Yeah I would have watched Legends even if they weren’t on it, because I watch Arrow and The Flash. But them being on it is the biggest added bonus for me on that show, and it’s definitely one of the best parts. That’s how I feel, the reason behind him being alive could be absolutely ridiculous, and I wouldn’t care. Just like I didn’t care how they brought Sara back in season 4, because I wanted her to be alive so bad. So, as long as they handle her being married in a way I don’t hate, and she ends up with Michael, I’ll be happy.

5. Sammi says:

I honestly didn’t think there could be any news about the Prison Break revival that would make me unhappy. Except maybe if certain cast members don’t sign on to do it, but I was wrong. Now I know that this won’t last, because like hell Michael and Sara won’t be together. Although, I was hoping that when they learn Mike isn’t dead that he could get right back with Sara. Now we have to deal with an annoying love triangle. Sara was supposed to be single and unhappy all these years until Michael comes back haha. As long as Scott meets the same fate as Veronica’s Sebastian, I’ll be less mad about it. :)

• Bwhit says:

I’m hoping he’s Company…. It would make sense if they captured Michael, send someone in to get close to his wife. I’m going to believe it will come out alright because I want Michael to have his son and wife!

• Sammi says:

Yeah I thought about him being Company too, and I think there is a high probability of that. I know it will end up alright with Michael and Sara together, but I still hate that they had her get remarried. I mean if Michael and Sara don’t end up together, everything I thought I knew about TV will be a lie haha. Michael, Sara and their son have to end up happy together. Also, I really hope that Linc hates her new husband haha.

• Azerty says:

I bet he will be dead by the middle of the season.

6. Maxwell Incredimente says:

They need to ignore the death.

7. acurat says:

This is going to be difficult to do as while Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell are signed (in a gap in Legends of Tomorrow filming where they leverage Prison Break references) the other original characters for the most part are in other series now (the cast has been pretty successful since this show left the air). It will be interesting if they can bring back Sarah Wayne Callies and some of the other major characters – if they can coordinate availability for filming.

• . (@yikes77) says:

Filming for this is supposed to start on 3.28 in Vancouver where Legends is filmed. So it would not be that hard to produce, you’re just going to have two VERY tired leads!

8. Antwon303 says:

I’m okay with this. We need to find out how much time passed but Sara is allowed to mourn and then move on. That’s life. I agree that seasons one and two were the strongest. I didn’t care for season three at all. It was far too dark and way too many new characters. I thought four was okay. I think the show could have ran a bit longer if they hadn’t made the breakout in season one. I always thought that was a mistake. It was a good cast and still one of my favorite shows.

9. Gail says:

That Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell can shoot 9 episodes of this between seasons of DC Legends of Tomorrow shows that networks have the time to shoot more than 22 to 23 episodes a season if they choose to. Surprised most one hour series are in production until April. Still I bet it is more interesting to the actor to play a different character.

• Jack says:

Well, no, not really. WM and DP just have to show up, say their lines, and leave. So, yes, THEY can do both series. But there are hundreds of people behind the scenes working for weeks for each episode which would make it difficult to do what you say. Is it possible? I suppose, if they have two completely different crews working at the same time. But then you run the risk of them having two completely different feels.

• Sammi says:

Legends of Tomorrow and this Prison Break revival probably won’t use any of the same crew. Considering Legends of Tomorrow is on the CW and Prison Break is a Fox show. The two shows aren’t connected at all, other than the fact that Wentworth and Dom are on both. So, they could easily do both shows, considering filming for LoT is probably close to being done for the year anyway. It’s also an ensemble so I’m sure they have a few days off during each episode when they are filming scenes without them.

10. Tina says:

Would think that Mark would be busy with Royal Pains.

11. It’s not a documentary is not a good reason. I mean, let’s say we buy that he somehow survived being electrocuted but didn’t he also have an inoperable tumor in his head? It’s flat out absurd that he is alive. Sorry.

12. BTW, I hope Mahone and Kellerman are back. They were always my favorite characters. I was happy that Kellerman returned at the end of season 4, but was a little disappointed by how little he had to do. Hopefully he comes back and actually has some good material to work with.

13. Ginger says:

It will be very interesting to see how the writers have Michael come back. In the series finale, he died of a incurable brain disease. Plus one of the last scenes, they showed some of the characters at his grave. Hope it won’t be too far fetched.