Originals Crossover Spoilers

The Originals' Riley Voelkel Previews Freya's 'Scary' Encounter With Aurora, 'Intense' Experience With TVD's Stefan

Freya Mikaelson is about to get all she’s ever wanted — but will it come at a price? (This is The Originals, so I’m assuming that’s a big fat yes.)

“Freya’s still trying to form a relationship with her brothers; she just wants to know her family and to be accepted,” actress Riley Voelkel tells TVLine. “She’s been struggling for them to really see her as one of them, and you’ll start to see that change this week. She really becomes a Mikaelson — one of their siblings, not just the long-lost sister they don’t know if they can trust.”

Her opportunity for acceptance comes during Friday’s episode (The CW, 9/8c) when that no-good Aurora “uses Freya in a way she’s probably never been used before” as a means to lure Klaus and Elijah into a trap.

“Freya’s put in a real life-or-death situation,” Voelkel teases. “Aurora does not care about Freya. The whole episode is pretty scary.”

On a less upsetting note, Voelkel says we can expect to see Freya’s bond with Hayley strengthen as they “work together a lot this season to save the family.” And what’s this about a potential romance?

“[A love interest is] something that’s been talked about for a while, though I don’t know who that would be,” she says. “It would be exciting to think it’s someone we haven’t met yet. I could definitely see her being in love and having a relationship to fight for. It could also be really funny having her bring someone into that family.”

As far we know, though, the only new guy Freya will be meeting anytime soon is Stefan, on loan from The Vampire Diaries for the shows’ Feb. 26 crossover event.

“It was really fun, one of my favorite episodes to shoot, and Paul was great to work with,” Voelkel says. “We had quite a few scenes together. On- and off-camera, he was great, but the actual episode is one of the most intense we’ve ever done. Stefan needs Freya’s help with something that… well, you’ll see.”

Do you have an ideal man in mind for Freya? Other hopes for the last Mikaelson sister standing? Drop a comment with your thoughts on all things Season 3 below.

1. Jason says:

Considering she’s related to half of the eligible bachelors on the show, they might need some new blood to fill that role. And hopefully someone Klaus doesn’t want to kill. In any event, I’m quite fond of her and glad to see they are looking to strengthen her relationships with the family.

• ? says:

I liked her character better when she was running from Dahlia.She used to be a badass in her own right, but she’s been in a few situations too many this season of getting into trouble and not giving as good as she gets imo – especially the episodes where she had to be rescued by Jackson and Marcel.

2. Rosie says:

I really, really wanted her to get together with Jackson, but now this is impossible (;-(), so maybe with Lucien or someone new. She deserves an romance. Even if Stefan is still with Care, would be great to see something more between him and Freya. I’m glad Tristan is out of the picture, he is terrible and does not look good with her. I hated Jackson, but I’m sad they killed him now – just when it looked like he starts to fall for Freya.

3. Bwhit says:

Freya is becoming one of my favorites on this show. As for romance, her options are pretty slim, she can’t really start something with Marcel (sister code), but what about Will? If it gives Jason Dohring more screen time, I’d be all for it. I’m looking forward to seeing Klaus and Elijah’s reaction to whatever Aurora has done to her, I want to see some angry brother rage for Aurora messing with their sister.

4. Mak says:

These interviews scare me because it usually means something drastic will happen to their character. Like with Leah Pipes…TVLine had an interview with her and the next thing Cami is dead. I hope TO is not planning on killing off Freya

5. tayslick says:

She need to stop getting her butt whip and show some toughness.

6. Alx says:

Freya and stefan!!!!

7. Maskie says:

Lucien castle

8. Chantall says:

Someone that klaus wont end up killing

9. Freya’s love interest should be someone who is serious when needs to be! However, occasionally likes to have fun, but will love with all his heart! His name (in my opinion) would be Amster! His parents were supernatural as well. His father was a hybrid (vampire/werewolf) and mother was a witch, since he accepted both hybrid and wizard.He died and reappeared as a ghost, which also means he’s first double hybrid (ghost/wizard and vampire/ werewolf) in the world. Even though, he’s a double hybrid he has a couple of weaknesses. Which are very powerful witches, white oak stake powder, and death of the Mikaelsons. The Mikaelsons eventually realize they a powerful ally (equally powerful to Klaus) on their and accept him as Freya’s love interest! I just think that a double hybrid would make the show more interesting. All I ask is to try out for the role, even if you don’t pick mine!

10. Rebecca says: