Survivor Ratings Season 32

Ratings: Survivor Premiere Down But Draw's Wednesday's Largest Audience

CBS’ Survivor launched its 32nd edition on Wednesday with 8.4 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating, down markedly from both its fall opener (9.7 mil/2.5) and its year-ago premiere (10 mil/1.4) yet drawing the night’s largest audience and placing third in the demo behind Modern Family.

Closing the Eye’s night, Code Black (6.4 mil/1.2) was down a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | American Idol (8.2 mil/2.0) slipped 12 percent and two tenths to Wednesday lows for this season. Hell’s Kitchen (2 mil/0.8) dropped sharply.

THE CW | Arrow (2.5 mil/0.9) and Supernatural (2 mil/0.8) were flat.

NBC | Mysteries of Laura (6.3 mil/1.0) slipped 10 percent and two tenths to season lows. SVU (7.7 mil/1.6) hit a four-week high in audience while falling three tenths in the demo. Chicago PD (7.5 mil/1.6) was down 10 and 20 percent.

ABC | The Middle (7.2 mil/1.9) ticked up, black-ish (5.8 mil/1.8) was steady, The Goldbergs (6.3 mil/1.9) and American Crime (3.2 mil/0.8) each dipped a tenth and Modern Family (7.4 mil/2.4) slipped two tenths.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Not a very exciting opening for Survivor but how did Alicia get on the Brawn tribe??? American Crime is just outstanding, people are really missing out on a great show and amazing acting.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Survivor should retired in the near future. There’s an old saying: I’m too old for this.

3. mika02 says:

American Crime was beyond amazing. I have to wonder if people aren’t watching it because it’s on Network TV.

• drhenning says:

American Crime was something last night… I do have a feeling that long serialized shows unless they have a big hook just don’t work much… People don’t want to get hooked but not have the time to watch them finish.

4. Idol still holding up very well. Why again was it canceled? Hell’s Kitchen can’t even pull in half of what Idol does.

• Emma says:

I can’t understand how anyone who watched Idol last night would wonder why it was cancelled.

• tvjunkie says:

didnt idol used to get 4 times those numbers?

• kmw says:

Idol is doing pretty good by FOX’S standards but then again most of FOX isn’t doing well. Their numbers have steadily eroded and they are close to slipping under a 2.0.Idols numbers used to be huge( I know times are different, but still) so they really aren’t holding up all that well. Good for The Middle I am glad its doing well, sorry that no one seems to be watching American Crime

5. Wasn’t NBC at one point the highest-rated and most successful network with their Thursday night lineup? Oh, how the mighty have fallen…

6. JM says:

Best show on TV, and it’s not looking good for ‘American Crime’. Hopefully, ABC sticks with it, because such an amazing show deserves to be seen.

7. smartysenior says:

Survivor is the only appointment TV these days in the network lineups. It still has great numbers and the DVR total will take it over the top again. Next day totals are getting less and less significant now as viewers are spoiled and can watch any other day they choose.

• Nero tTVFiddler says:

Perhaps, but will the advertisers pay for those DVR play backs? “It still has great numbers.” Don’t tell the folks at FOX that… they thought the same thing about American Idol.

8. Guy says:

American Crime is just phenomenal this season. Why is no one watching? It’s a shame that everyone seems to be paying much more attention to that ‘other’ American crime show about OJ, but this is far superior in every respect.

9. Kim R says:

Question? I am having a terrible time with this website crashing. It runs the working memory through the roof and is the only site that does it. I love TVline and would appreciate any suggestions. My computer slows right down almost immediately when I get here. It has taken me at least 5 times to get this comment typed. HELP!!

• Shannon says:

This happens on my phone all the time with this site, especially the home page and the galleries. The only thing that helps me is turning on pop-up blockers and blocking cookies, and even then it’s very slow.

• G-man says:

It is not just you. My browser has to normally re-start 4 or 5 times just to look at the first two pages of new updates each day. It seems to be the horrible ad scripting they have. Wipes out memory and it just poorly designed. One day I had 3 video ads all trying to play at the same time on one page. That was almost an instant crash of the page. They really need to work on that.

10. Shannon says:

I hate to be a grammar Nazi (not really, I love it), but there should be no apostophe in, “Draw’s,” since it isn’t a possesive.