Orphan Black Moves to New Night — Plus, Watch Season 4 Trailer

Tatiana Maslany is invading TGIT.

BBC America has announced that Orphan Black‘s fourth season will air on Thursdays at 10/9c beginning April 14. The first three seasons aired on Saturday night.

According to the Season 4 logline, Episode 1 picks up with “Sarah returning home from her Icelandic hideout to track down an elusive new ally tied to deceased clone Beth, whose identity Sarah stole in the series’ first episode. With the stakes higher than ever before, Sarah and her sisters band together to uncover the missing chapter of the clone conspiracy — following Beth’s footsteps into a dangerous relationship with a potent enemy who holds the key to their survival.”

Check out the official Season 4 trailer above, and then hit the comments with your thoughts about the show’s new Thursday perch!

1. Kate says:

Um…while I think this should be fine, eek, my Thursdays are already pretty full/

• Andrea Coates says:

Luckily BBC American re-airs episodes later in the night. That’s the only way I will be able to watch/record it. Can’t miss Orphan Black!

2. Jerry says:

This trailer is awful. I think there is some good content in it but it’s cut like someone was on acid. I hope we get another one soon.

3. David4 says:

It makes sense. BBC America has been showing a bunch of shows on Thursday night at 10, like London Spy and Prey then this.

The trailer is…. ehhh… Sadly much like my feelings for where this show is going.

4. kirads09 says:

I love it. Can’t wait till it returns.

5. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Thursdays?….I gusss as long it doesn’t interfere with HTGAWM which is fine. Good something to watch @ 7pm!!!!

6. JM says:

Great, cuz I just don’t have enuf to watch Thursday nights. (sigh)

7. BrightLight says:

Man, I loved OB being on Saturdays because I had nothing else to watch that night, but I go where the clones go…which means I probably won’t watch it until Friday at the earliest. I guess I could just wait two days and watch it on its old night. LOL
    SPOILER(?) FROM TRAILER: Looks like in the trailer that Helena is having twins.

8. Seriously, Thursday? Granted I can catch up with it on demand, but still. My Thursday night is already completely booked.

9. Joey says:

Was it just a bit of old footage, or is James Frain coming back as Ferdinand? Please let it be so, he was great last season.

10. theschnauzers says:

If you look at what is airing on Saturday night beginning the preceding weekend (Outlander) then it isn’t hard to see moving to this time slot and keeping the share fan base happy.

• Simon Jester says:

That doesn’t even make sense. If BBCA aired Orphan Black on Saturday at 10 pm EST instead of Thursday, it *still* wouldn’t conflict with Outlander, which airs at 9 pm EST.

11. mary says:

Geez A LA Frickin Weezzzz! Like that night isn’t packed for my dvrs & recorders as it is. I hope at least this season they repeat the episodes, instead of just having it at one time.

12. hannah says:

this trailer is awful. what were they thinking? trailers are suppose to be suspenseful… leave you on the edge of the seat. this one gave me headache, even though their were interesting scenes in it.

13. Caity says:

iirc orphan black aired after doctor who on saturdays. no doctor who for now, so it kinda makes sense to switch nights. saturdays are a weird time spot for america anyways. but i didn’t mind