Exclusive

Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek: Mer's Pals Fear She'll 'Explode' — Will She?

We should have seen it coming.

In this exclusive sneak peek from Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy (ABC, 8/7c), we learn that among the side effects of Meredith’s recovery from her attack is an outbreak of well-intentioned but coddling friends and relations.

Half sis Maggie in particular keeps inviting people over as if she’s afraid Grey will “explode or something” if she spends a minute alone. Luckily, Mer’s new therapist (Life Goes On alum Bill Smitrovich) has an idea of how to handle the sitch.

What is it? Find out by pressing PLAY on the clip above, then hit the comments. What would you do in Mer’s shoes?

1. Danielle says:

I am on Mer’s side all the way. I don’t know why Callie and Alex felt the need to talk about how they miss their significant other and sex in front of Meredith who lost Derek. I get that this to get Mer thinking about dating again and that Derek died quite awhile ago given the time jumps, but it still felt wrong. My eyes were wide open the whole time I was watching this. I couldn’t believe that Callie said ‘I miss Penny.’ WHAT! She is still alive. UGH! I would want them out of my house too. I get that they are just trying to be nice and give Mer company, but it’s clearly not wanted.

• Tia says:

I totally agree with you. I wouldn’t say stuff like this in front of my friend who lost the love of her life. Like you said this is to put Meredith to date again, but still..

Looking forward to see Mer in therapy and getting help. It’s about time I say.

• Eran says:

I found it very realistic. Bear in mind that on the Grey timeline, Derek has been dead over two years now. And Meredith would flip if she felt she was being treated with kid cloves about all things love and sex related, especially by Alex. Life has gone on. The ‘Penny’ thing? Yup, a tad soon maybe to be that comfortable bringing her up but even there, Meredith has made some significant strides since “Dante’s Dinner.”

• Stacy says:

Agreed. Derek’s been gone a long while, and her friends are dealing with their own love life loneliness too, even if under different circumstances. It’s crazy they won’t give her a minute of solitude; it’s not crazy that they’re sharing stories about their lives with a dear friend.

• NM says:

I get the two years (possibly 18 months minimum), but Meredith dating again is not something fans are for just yet. At least give it a season (totaling at least a year for fans). I get Meredith recovering but to have her dating again (even if it has been two years) seems highly unlikely given that to me it’s something that goes entirely against her character.

2. Sandra says:

The day Penny leaves GSMH I will have a party. Because she’s taking soon much screen time from the character we love.

3. Luis says:

Let’s face facts – about the only thing that hasn’t happened to Mer is finding out she’s carrying Satan’s child