Sutton Foster Gilmore Girls Revival

Sutton Foster on Gilmore Girls Revival Role: 'I'm Going to Lose My S--t'

Back when she was traveling the country with the national tour of Les Miserables, Sutton Foster made sure to stop by Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, Calif., home of her favorite TV series: Gilmore Girls.

Now, the Younger star says in a new interview with Philadelphia magazine, she can hardly believe that she’s going to return to the lot — but this time, as a cast member.

“I have a picture of me in Luke’s Diner” from that 2000 trip, Foster tells the publication. “I’m going to pretty much lose my s–t being on this show. It’s a thing, and when I get to hang out with Lorelai, I’m going to freak out.”

Per the magazine, Foster will shoot her Gilmore scenes at the beginning of March. Still no word on whether she’ll play Michelle, Foster’s Bunheads character also created by Gilmore boss Amy Sherman-Palladino, or a new role.

1. Sheila says:

Can’t wait! Sutton is great!

2. Bella says:

She’s just like us!

3. Temperance says:

I’m kinda hoping that she’s another Gilmore.

4. Moi says:

No. Bunheads was great, but I couldn’t stand Michelle/Sutton Foster. Some people who are great in theatre don’t have the ability to tone it down for movies or TV. She was a bit too theatrical and “big-acting.” As much as Gilmore Girls is a quirky show, and has had lots of people who do theatre, they could be subtle in their acting. Sutton Foster is just so spastic on TV its sometimes exhausting to watch. PS, do we need to tie in EVERY ASP show in this Netflix revival now. Good God, I’m waiting for Roseanne Barr and John Goodman to be announced as part of the cast too.

5. Vanessa says:

Maybe she will be Christopher’s daughter Gigi!

6. Jake L. says:

ABC Family was the producer of Bunheads as well as the network, which means they own the show. Warner Bros. is the producing studio of Gilmore Girls. Therefore, I don’t think she can be playing Michelle because Warner Bros. does not own the character of Michelle. Just because AS-P created both shows does not mean she owns the characters or the rights to continue to use them without deals being in place for all involved parties. As far as we know, ABCF/Freeform/whatever has no involvement in the Gilmore reboot.

7. Is ASP serious? Promoting her failed show on GG? Sutton Foster is a Lauren Graham clone and her Bunheads character was a Lorelai clone. It makes no sense that a character from another show would suddenly be on Gilmore Girls. Especially since Kelly Bishop was on Bunheads as well.

• i_kissed_a_trekkie says:

Why are they bringing pointless new characters on the show ? They should just focus on Lorelai, Rory, Emily and maybe Lane or Paris. 4 episodes is not enough for cramming everyone. As it is, there is no Sookie or Dave(Adam Brody, my fave). I want the show to still feel like GG.

8. RK says:

I think she is Christopher’s new wife/girlfriend/Gigi’s new stepmother. He went and found himself a version of Lorelai that was not in love with Luke but still quirky, talks a mile am minute etc.Someone will comment about how he definitely has a type and when she meets up with Emily there will be some sort of inside joke about how she looks familiar or reminds her of a dance teacher she once knew.

9. Georgia ‘GG’ Hayden grown up