Lucifer Ratings Vs Grammys

Ratings: Opposite Dominant Grammy Awards, Lucifer Takes the Smallest Hit

CBS’ presentation of the Grammy Awards on Monday night drew 23.7 million total viewers and a 7.4 demo rating, dipping 4 and 11 percent from last year’s Sunday telecast (and of course subject to adjustment).

Of the competition facing off against the mighty kudoscast, Fox’s Lucifer (5.2 mil/1.6) took the smallest hit, down just 6 percent and a tenth week-to-week. Leading into that, The X-Files (7.1 mil/2.1) slipped 14 and 16 percent.

Over on ABC, The Bachelor (7.2 mil/2.2) slipped 16 and 12 percent, while Castle (5.1 mil/0.9) was down 10 and 18 percent week-to-week (yet up versus — faint praise alert! — Valentine’s Day).

NBC’s Superstore (3.9 mil/1.2) was down 25 and 14 percent, while Telenovela (2.3 mil/0.7) fell 30 and 22 percent to its second-worst numbers to date. The Biggest Loser (2.8 mil/0.8) shed 26 and 27 percent to hit series lows.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Sad as it is for me to say, this x-files reboot is not doing it for me. I guess my expectations were to high. That said I haven’t watched last night ep yet.

• opus says:

I disagree. I have enjoyed the new X-Files episodes and very much hope FOX will soon announce a renewal. See last night’s episode. Mulder’s high is a hoot!!

• wrstlgirl says:

You’re most certainly allowed to disagree. I figured most would. I’m disappointed because we’ve seen basically nothing of Skinner or The Smoking Man, etc. There’s only 6 episodes so I thought there was going to be some sort of story or mystery to see. So far there’s been none of that. But like I said, I haven’t seen last night’s episode yet.

2. Bwhit says:

I’m so bad at understanding what the ratings in demos and overall mean for a show so what are the chances Superstore gets renewed? I know on the scorecard it says too early to tell but I’m wondering if I should be hopeful or not. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do.

• LADY_in_MD says:

Me either I hope it gets renewed its such a funny show and the cast works so well together

• Jared says:

Considering the depressing state of NBC comedies, I would say Superstore has a good chance at renewal if the ratings hold up.(which they pretty much have). That said I also think it depends on what NBC has as far as comedy pilots for next season.

3. So I guess the chances of Telenovela being renewed are slim to none…

4. I'm going to let you finish but says:

Matt is there any word on how many people were fired for all the sound issues last night? ;) Yes, I saw that Adele said the mic dropped and that was to blame for the guitar, but so many other issues occurred were the sound cut off, or it was so low I could barely hear the artists over the instruments. Not to mention the guitar sound wasn’t heard throughout the whole performance, but it seemed like Amateur hour, or the same person in charge of sound last night was also in charge during the Super Bowl. :P

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Are people really mad that this year’s Grammys is on a Monday? Shame on CBS :-(

6. kmw says:

Good for Castle I thought they might hit similar household numbers. from Sunday Not good mind you but it could have been worse. Nice that Lucifer didn’t go down that much. X-Files should go back up next week

7. Anna says:

Lucifer is just getting better and better, I’m really enjoying it. It’s not the best or most creative show, sure, but Tom Eliis just sells it completely. I really hope this show does not get cancelled.

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree. Yeah, it’s just another cop show with a who dun it every week but Tom Ellis is hilarious. His one liners make the show great.

• MJ says:

I love Lucifer as well. He is so sexy. I look forward to the show on Monday. I hope it gets picked up for a 2nd season.

8. diane says:

Now hooked on Lucifer. I would have never watched it, if it was paired with another show, other than The X-Files.

9. Jim J. says:

Two sub-1.0 demo ratings in a row? I seriously doubt “Castle” is getting a renewal for next season with ratings like those. :(