Favorite TV Couples

Valentine's Day: Stars From Scandal, Grey's, The Flash, Thrones and More Name Their Favorite TV Couples

Stars, they’re just like us!

The next time you find yourself obsessing over the fate of a small-screen couple, take comfort in knowing that TV’s buzziest actors and producers do the same thing.

In celebration of Valentine’s Day, we asked stars from such shows as Scandal, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Grey’s Anatomy and Arrow to name their all-time favorite TV couple (provided said duo isn’t from their own show).

We’ve compiled 15 of the most popular ‘ships in the gallery below, with answers ranging from obvious (Ross and Rachel, of course) to obscure (an HGTV couple!) to downright platonic (a pair of City broads).

Scroll through the following photos (or click here for direct access) to see the celebs’ choices, then hit the comments with your own vote for Favorite TV Couple.

1. Larc says:

Surprised nobody picked Edith and Archie Bunker or Roseanne and Dan Connor. The last pair would be my #1 pick. Honorable mention to Olivia and John Walton.

2. Ron says:

List practically rendered invalid due to no mention of Leslie and Ben.

3. Nicole says:

I disagree with this list. You are missing Leo and Piper, Lorelai and Luke, Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky, Dean and the Impala, Bones and Booth….

• Mak says:

The list is not for you to agree or disagree with…these stars are merely mentioning their all time fav couples…just like you have mentioned yours.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Eric and Tami from FNL are #1 in my book.

5. Bwhit says:

I blame Joey and Pacey for being the reason I get invested in TV couples lol. They are my all time favorite.

6. JC1 says:

My all time favorite couple is still Farscape’s John and Aeryn.

7. Ian says:

Wow, this article just makes me realize how so few epic tv romances get happy endings. At least not the ones I count as my favorites. A lot of them only ended up being wasted potential and never got off the ground, too. Off the top of my head, there was Phoebe and Cole on Charmed, Kurt and Karofsky from Glee, and Emma and Neal on OUaT.

• Erin says:

I loved Phoebe and Cole too. Man that show went on for way too long to a point where hardly anyone cared anymore. I wish they’d cancelled it a few seasons earlier and gotten Cole in to live happily ever after with Phoebe cause, they went through hell – literally.

8. JC1 says:

Other favorites: Lois and Clark (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures), Harm and Mac (JAG), Veronica and Logan (Veronica Mars), Rob and Laura Petrie (Dick Van Dyke Show), yes, Peter and Olivia (Fringe), Chuck and Sarah (Chuck), and Castle and Beckett (Castle).

9. Lauren Francis says:

Everyone seems to have missed the meaning of this list. It is not TVLine listing their greatest tv couples. It is TVLIne asking a few tv stars and a few executive producers who their favorite tv couple is. My only problem with this list is that I wished the had asked a lot more people.

10. ninamags says:

Chip and Joanna Gaines are hysterical. You can tell they truly love their work and their family. They really do incredible work, the house renovations are spectacular.

What’s more is that they are a real-life couple.

11. JosiahBartlet4President says:

Jed and Abbey Bartlet (Lol. I know no one is surprised.)
    Tony and Carmela Soprano
    Rick Castle and Kate Beckett

12. Ray says:

Rebecca you got that right. Olivia and Peter for life.

13. Where are…
    – Emily & Richard Gilmore
    – Piper & Leo (Charmed)
    – Buffy & Angel

14. April says:

Logan and Veronica (Veronica Mars), Joey and Pacy(Dawson ‘s Creek) and Rory and Jess (Gilmore Girls) for me

15. arial2 says:

Laura Roslin and Bill Adama, Battlestar Galactica

16. agmercurio says:

Ninguna es mi pareja favorita, hay otras con mas magia

17. niloofar22 says:

Excellent choices

18. Angela says:

Yes to the mentions of Michael and Holly and Jim and Pam from “The Office”. Those couples work so well.
    One of my all-time favorites will be Niles and Daphne from “Frasier”. I rooted for them so much, and it was lovely to see them get together at last.

19. Mike Q says:

The show doesn’t get a lot of attention, but I think Mike and Frankie Heck from “The Middle” belong there. That’s an old married couple very much in love with one another.

20. Gigi says:

Henry & Elizabeth from Madam Secretary because they are a beautiful example of how love is hard but when you’re committed to making it work you can get through anything.

Monica & Chandler because honestly they were a better couple than Rachel & Ross. They were a beautiful example of how a friend can turn into the love of your life. Plus their relationship was so sweet and no matter how crazy they were they never even thought about breaking up because they were in together.

Brad & Jane from Happy Endings because they were both absolutely bonkers and yet had such a mutual respect and admiration for each other.

21. A says:

BRAD AND JANE!!!!!

22. Dani says:

Why do you keep dissing Lois and Clark from Smallville in these things? You’re killing me here 😰

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“Stars From Scandal, Grey’s, The Flash, Thrones and More Name Their Favorite TV Couples”

• Ash says:

Because Clark loved Lana, and only gave up because of the kryptonite suit that essentially made him Lana being together impossible. Or maybe Smallville just wasn’t something the actors/producers ever got invested in. Lois deserved better then Clark jmho.

• Anna says:

Lolz reading comprehension is essential! This isn’t a TVLine made list – it’s a list of couples that are loved by actors and producers from current TV shows.

23. Lindsey says:

Ben/Leslie, Chuck/Sarah, Logan/Veronica. My OTP is not canon, but that’s Merlin/Arthur.

24. Ash says:

Peter and Olivia a love so epic not even the universe could keep them apart <3

Other favorites:
    Fitzsimmons, Bashir/Dax, Ten/Rose, Blair/Dan, and Jones/Cage.

25. Kate says:

26. jamey says:

I agree that Chuck and Sarah are missing!!

27. Kelly says:

Pacey and Joey
    Meredith and Derek
    for me anyway!

28. Angus says:

Bert and Ernie.

29. Ally Oop says:

My top 5 tv couples of all-time are:
    Claire & Alex (McLeod’s Daughters)
    Buffy & Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    Joey & Pacey (Dawson’s Creek)
    Veronica & Logan (Veronica Mars)
    Sybil & Tom (Downton Abbey)