The Price Is Right Returns to Primetime With Reality TV-Themed Specials

The Price Is Right is coming back on down to primetime.

CBS has ordered three special editions of its popular Drew Carey-hosted game show to celebrate its roster of Emmy Award-winning reality programs, including The Amazing Race, Survivor and Big Brother.

Each episode, to air later this year, will honor one of its three unscripted hits, with former racers, castaways and houseguests playing alongside their biggest fans. Reality-TV hosts Phil Keoghan, Jeff Probst and Julie Chen will all also be stopping by.

A primetime version of the No. 1 daytime series, The Price Is Right $1,000,000 Spectacular, previously aired on CBS from 2003-2008.

Are you excited for TPIR‘s return to primetime? Sound off below.

1. B.T. says:

Oh God, plllllleeeeeeeaaaaaassssse no Frankie Grande.

• mookie311 says:

i agree with you a zillion percent, but i’m also a zillion percent sure he’ll be there.

hopefully they can balance it out with some good, old school survivor and TAR players.

• Austin E says:

If you really believe that there’s a chance that he’ll be there. I’m sorry but your a damn fool to believe in such nonsense. It’s not that “Oh well he could” he just simply won’t.

• Mr. Tran K says:

The Price is Right better listen to the fans and not booked Frankie Grande for a guest appearance on the show.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

It’s been a long time coming for The Price is Right to make its triumphant return to prime time but I’m really bummed that they’re not going to have a million dollar spectacular since 2008 and why Executive Producer Mike Richards and/or the execs at CBS didn’t have the guts to do it. Maybe fans are very upset about why the iconic game show won’t bring back the million dollar spectacular episodes.

3. BBFANJB says:

HAHA BT I was going to say the exact same thing!!! NO FRANKIE GRANDE!!!!!!!!!

4. Curtis Blevins says:

Well, the way I look at this, it’s going to be nice seeing the show back in primetime even though I wish that they brought the Million Dollar Spectaculars, but hey, regardless of what type of primetime special it is, I look forward to seeing how these 3 primetime specials will go and hopefully, if they do good, maybe there’s still hope of seeing the Million Dollar Spectaculars come back, so until then, let’s thank the Lord that The Price Is Right is coming back to primetime!

• Mr. Tran K says:

Curtis, I read your comments on The Price is Right Facebook page and you did a great job recapping the episodes that usually were good or bad even if pricing games are becoming harder for the contestants whether or not they’ve seen it or doesn’t understand the rules depending if people haven’t watched the show on a daily basis. My advice for The Price is Right contestants: always be on your best behavior and stop acting all crazy like an immature adult and don’t EVER jump or hurt Drew Carey ever since his recovery from neck and shoulder surgery. Really hope they better bring in security guards for Drew’s protection.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Having a Double Showcase winner within $250 or less on The Price is Right is not enough these days and always hard. They better change it to $500 or less because sometimes I don’t like when the show has kept the same old rules like they did since the Bob Barker era and not making any changes.

5. Sue says:

No Jeff Schroeder

6. Mr. Tran K says:

Any word yet on whether or not The Price is Right and Let’s Make a Deal should have an April Fools Day episode this season where both shows trade places like Drew Carey takes over LMAD and Wayne Brady taking over TPIR? Fans really wanted this special April Fools Day switcheroo to happen.

7. Rob Horine says:

I think a prime time TPIR series for summer would be great.

8. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope that The Price is Right should not bring back Socially Awesomeness Week next season because the Twitter ticker at the bottom of the screen has always become a distraction for people who watched the show.

• Daya says:

This was actually the second year of Socially Awesome Week, if I can remember correctly, so it will almost assuredly be back next year.

• Mr. Tran K says:

In my opinion, there’s absolutely no way Price is Right should do Socially Awesome Week next year if they ever get rid of that crappy Twitter ticker.

9. Austin E says:

Okay I get that NO ONE likes Frankie Grande. I’m just sick of seeing his name all the time as the first to come in people’s mind. OF COURSE Frankie won’t be there, why do you care that much or have a instant fear that he will, when it’s so obvious that he won’t. Again I understand you all don’t like him, for me I don’t care much for him, it’s just I’m sick of hearing his name.

10. theschnauzers says:

I’m sorry but I hate this sort of undignified show-whoring

• Mr. Tran K says:

Couldn’t agree more. There’s a lot of reasons why The Price is Right is so boring whether you should put it on your “hate watch” list or how long the iconic game show would end (making both of them up): contestants who have been picked to be on the show have watched it usually on a daily basis but if they don’t watch it then these people really don’t understand the rules like pricing games and a few others and everybody needs to be on their best behavior. Drew Carey the host better stop saying GOOD LUCK on every episode because I have a feeling that those two words really annoys me and when he does, he’s acting like a robot and they better put several pricing games into retirement that makes players harder and harder like Lucky Seven, Ten Chances, That’s Too Much, Stack the Deck, Grocery Game, Check Out and so many others. One final note, Price is Right better bring back Celebrity Charity Week because they haven’t done it since Season 41.

11. Linda Heil says:

Can’t wait for more Prime Time Price is Right !!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

12. maggie says:

I would rather they feature teachers, firefighters, veterans or active military, rather than over-exposed reality stars. People who do good things with their lives, and not reality show fame whores, should be the contestants.

• Mr. Tran K says:

The Price is Right better bring back Celebrity Charity Week because they haven’t done it since Season 41 and the last two years were left off all because of someone that isn’t named Mike Richards the executive producer of the show.

13. awnb95 says:

Don’t care about this. Won’t watch, but looking forward to the Scorpion episode where Slyvester goes on the show.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if The Price is Right should better booked Aaron Paul for a special appearance on the show because people may remember him as a contestant when Bob Barker was the host before he rose to fame on Breaking Bad.

14. The Price Is Right has had great ratings in prime time. I’d like to see a TPIR dedicated to Undercover Boss with the contestants being employees from the companies each boss represents. I’m especially fond of Jane Grote Abell, current President and CEO of Donato’s Pizza, whom I consider a great friend since I live by the original pizza place in Columbus, Ohio.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Wish the contestants on The Price is Right should stop bidding $1 over the last person because in my opinion it’s NOT because of strategy, that’s CHEATING and they better stop being so “greedy” whether or not a player comes to the stage and play a pricing game that usually makes them harder.

15. Mr. Tran K says:

Does everybody want The Price is Right to get cancelled maybe next season?

16. Mary Larkin says:

Can’t wait! I like all of these shows:)

17. James p Frazier tuba hero says:

I grew up in the 1980’s watching the price is right when it was hosted by Bob barker and I’ve loved it ever since you rock drew Carey I’m a big price is right fan keep them coming on down

18. Charles O'Leary says:

Last night on the Primetime special a contestant was bullied into continuing after repeatedly saying “That’s too much”. Drew should have intervened but said nothing and the bullying continued. This cost the woman a new car. She clearly wanted to stop. The producers of TPIR and Survivor should make things right with this woman and award her the prize and an apology.

19. Lady J says:

Yes!… i would love to see the price is right in primetime.