Forget the past. Watch the Outlander official trailer and prepare to rewrite history April 9 on STARZ.

Posted by Outlander on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Outlander Sets Return Date — See the Frasers Dazzle in Season 2 Trailer

Anyone know how to say “dinna fash” in French?

Because from the look of Outlander‘s newly released Season 2 poster, the Frasers have everything under très cool control in 18th-century France.

Starz released the striking image — as well as the drama’s Saturday, April 9 (9/8c), return date — on Thursday under the slogan “Vive les Frasers,” or “Long live the Frasers.”

The 13-episode sophomore season will correspond to Dragonfly in Amber, the second book in Diana Gabaldon’s popular novel series on which Outlander is based. In the new art, Claire (Caitriona Balfe) and Jamie (Sam Heughan) strike a fashionable pose on the steps of Versailles, ready to do what is needed in France to circumvent the impending Jacobite rebellion.

Press PLAY on the new trailer at the top of the post, take a good, long look at the poster below (click on image to see a larger version), then hit the comments: Do Mr. and Mrs. Fraser clean up nice or what?

outlander-season-2-poster-jamie-claire

1. Okay, now I really need to get on it and finally read all the books on my Kindle. I meant to do that before 1B started but that never happened so oops.

2. anjunor says:

Quick question for safety: 13 episodes is fix now? It had been left in ambiguity as “at least 13 episodes” for ages (as they were not 100% sure how to breack the stories in the book at first)

3. Annie says:

For those who have read the books, how long are they in France? I’m going to miss Scotland

• Winter says:

My guess is it will last the first half of the season.

• Sophia says:

There is the battle of Culloden that’s the main focus in the later part of the book so I guess they will be in Scotland in the second half of this season

• KT says:

That would be my guess as well. They are changing some things from the book, and it seems adding some events that aren’t actually covered until the third book, but I would think we should still see Scotland in the second half of the episodes. This should include going back to Jamie’s home.

4. Pati says:

wow I love it, can’t wait for the second season.

5. Janelle says:

Oh my goodness! That dress. And its in red. I can’t wait. Season 2 hurry up!

6. Sara says:

I’m done with this show after Jamie’s rape scene. There is something very wrong with the author.

7. Cheril says:

I loved the Highlanders….hate to see what we know is coming and will miss all of the boys of Leoch for sure! But after reading ALL the books twice….and now skimming again, I cant wait to see what they have done with this. The first season was tremendous. It deserved every award it won and more!!! LOTS MORE!! argh!!! While off I have binged on all the other competitors…none can match the quality of this one in any way. From actors to directing to wardrobe to story, it was a cut above all the rest in every way.

8. David Wilkie says:

Outlander. The series has lead us into a bygone age. One in which a man must at all times , simply be a man. Protect at all times the woman he loves beyond all concept of expression.. The lives of the two main characters has been inexplicably woven into the very fabric that time is… It is, for myself, a mere poet born of humble birth a step upon a road, that few can follow., the series in a word ” phenomenal”.

As I watched O’er Ye
    An yet
    Far, too far from thee I stood.

Time held me, in mine own
    yet in thine, yours

An the two became but one..
    Tine shall led
    Thus I know
    You, I.. to an’ through
    an’ far my love
    Into our own time

For we, you, I,
    We are outside all time

We, ma’ lass
    Ma ane true love..
    are
    Outlanders….

An we, shall, step through
    as one.. Through all time..