Milo Ventimiglia Returns to Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls: Milo Ventimiglia Officially Back as Jess for Netflix Revival

Team Jess zealots can simmah down now: Milo Ventimiglia is returning for Netflix’s Gilmore Girls revival.

TVLine has confirmed that the actor has officially closed a deal to reprise his role as Rory’s on-again, 0ff-again beau for an unspecified number of episodes. (Netflix has greenlit four 90-minute installments.)

Jess appeared in 37 of the show’s 153 episodes, exiting for good at the end of Season 6.

Ventimiglia’s return, coupled with the previously announced comeback of Matt Czuchry’s Logan, seemingly sets the stage for a showdown between Rory’s two most significant love interests.

The list of Gilmore vets returning for the revival also includes Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Scott Patterson, Yanic Truesdale, Sean Gunn and Keiko Agena.

OK, proceed to the comments with an answer to this query: Team Jess or Team Logan?!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Margaret says:

YAYYYYYY!!! That’s all. :)

• Erin says:

So so happy. I mean it was expected but YAAAAAAAAY.

I’m sure Logan is great and all as per his many fans but I honestly didn’t watch much of Gilmore Girls when he was around apart from maybe two or three episodes. I got busy and was obsessed with other shows in GG’s later years and with random daughters popping up, Lorelai and Christopher getting married and the series continuing without the creators (who I am well aware tried to sabotage it), just went for too long. That said a boy who comes between the two Lorelai’s aint no friend of mine.

So to me Gilmore Girls is the earlier years, say seasons 1 to 4ish and that means Jess . I watched the series again just last year and although I adored him when I was younger, he was frustrating. But he had so much potential which we missed out when that spin-off was dropped. I did also however get to see that season 6 episode when he set Rory’s head straight. She needs that. I am hoping and expecting that Jess follows in his uncles shoes and Rory in her mothers as the new Luke and Lorelai, by season end at least.

• Jenny says:

Amen to all of this! Jess grew into someone good for Rory, and I really really hope the new series reflects that and doesn’t play up the initial frustrating bad boy appeal.

• Jordan says:

I understand why you would want Jess to follow in Luke’s shoes, but Rory should not follow her mother’s. Lorelei was unable to keep a steady or meaningful relationship throughout the entire seven seasons. (Christopher several times, Max, Alex, Jason, and Luke) She’s not a bad person, just a little bit unstable with men. Furthermore, I’m not so sure that you want Jess and Rory to have Luke and Lorelei’s relationship. They were unable to communicate and broke up about as many times Rory and Logan did. (Lets not forget how many fights Luke and Lorelei had when they weren’t even together) Going back to the point, Rory and Jess shouldn’t take the paths of their idols, because they are completely different people. If Rory follows everything that her mother does, she’d definitely be worse off. And Jess and Luke are polar opposites. In the final Jess episode, Luke confirmed that he didn’t really get everything that Jess does.
        Ok, so I’m just saying, don’t blame the major mother daughter fight on Logan. You clearly didn’t watch the entire seasons, so you shouldn’t write with so much authority. The Gilmore girls fought because Rory dropped out of college. And Rory dropped out of college because she got a bad performance review from the big bad Mitcham newspaper magnet. Logan didn’t want her to drop out, but he knew that Rory was very stubborn so he didn’t keep trying to convince her to go back to Yale. Lorelei tried to blame their fight on Logan, but that doesn’t really make sense. Logan wasn’t anti-Yale at all, the fact that he continued going even though he hated school proves that. Lorelei did get pregnant at 16, and she thinks that dropping out of college is the worst thing ever done. I admit, dropping out of college is pretty major, but Lorelei didn’t have to yell and judge. Lorelei could have taken a different approach. Sometimes the root of the problem is a little deeper than you think it is.

2. Amanda says:

Thank God I’ve been stressing about this since the revival confirmation.

3. Roger says:

Glad for this. Oh and #TeamJess.

4. Aw, yay. I’m still more excited for Lane and Paris to be back, but of Rory’s boyfriends, I most interested in where Jess ended up, and I’d love to see him have some scenes with Luke.

• Lauren says:

Yes! I don’t really care about the old boyfriend part but I want to see where his relationship is with Luke.

• Winter says:

agreed I’m team Juke

• Yeah, it’s a lot more believable that Jess’ role is connected to Luke/Liz/TJ/Tallulah than with Rory. But they’ll tease it anyway.

Logan, I think, will be after Rory as the one who got away.

• Hso says:

The actress who played Liz (Katherine Wilholt or something) tweeted that she wasn’t called back for the reboot so it’s definitely not about Liz/TJ (although I wouldn’t mind seeing them back for a Rory/Jess wedding *cough*). So Jess returning is either about Rory or it’s about Luke. Or both. :)

5. Kim says:

Excuse? Who cares about Logan and Jess. Is Dean coming back?? Supernatural can spare Jared Padalecki for a little while lol.

6. anakinjmt says:

Team Logan all the way!

7. Ben says:

So are we basically at ‘everyone but Melissa and Edward will be back’ now?

Although still waiting on confirmation that M Ausiello will be back.

8. Anne says:

Team Jess, always. Season 6 Jess was the best match for Rory in the end. Also really want to see scenes with him and Luke.

9. Elibu says:

Ugh. Jess was horrible, obnoxious, and terribly rude to people Rory cared about like Lorelai, Emily, and Lane. I have NEVER understood all the Jess worship.

10. engi says:

Yeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!! :)

11. Megan says:

#teamjess for sure. Also, just happy he’ll be back because he is actually relevant to Stars Hallow with Luke and the rest of his family. So, for more than just Rory it’ll be good to have him back.
    But also Jess x Rory is life

12. Saundra says:

Team Jess Then. Team Jess Now. Team Jess Forever.

13. JennyB says:

So awesome. Definitely #TeamLogan but happy to get Jess update.
    More importantly has Paris signed on? Hard to imagine GG without her!

14. ChrisGa says:

I like Milo but Jess was still Rory’s worst love interest IMO.

15. Bwhit says:

Yay!!!! This was the last must have for me. I want to see at least one Jess/Luke banter filled argument.

• MLPR says:

Ditto. Love me some Jess & Luke:) Plus, I thought he was the best for Rory. They had similar interests. He also had the Stars Hollow connection, but still loved the big city.

16. aph1976 says:

I’m ecstatic by this news and it could be interesting to see what Jess has been up to since we last saw him.

17. June Spade says:

YEEEEEEEES! Seriously if he hadn’t come back… Can’t wait for him and Luke to snark at each other.

18. Toni says:

Team Logan!!!
    But I’ll be a little ok if she ends up with Jess

19. Bill says:

Always Team Logan.

20. Neither…..I want her to end up with Dean!

21. Jessica says:

I more excited to see where Luke and Loreleis relationship is.

22. Kerry. says:

I’m on Team Dean!!! I hope they bring him back for this…and Melissa McCarthy too!! It won’t be the same without them!

23. Lina says:

Definitely ‘Team Jess’ of the main 3, but man would it be a great twist if they brought back Tristan.

24. Phillip says:

Ecstatic right now!!

25. A Proud Marshmallow says:

This just made my day, or I must say a night really as it is 1.24 AM here, but maaaaaaaaaaaan am I over the moon over this. This is it, people. This is what I was hoping for since the day they made the reboot oficial. #TeamJess all the way.
    Jory? Roress?Jessry? Who cares what the name is as long as we have this two on the same screen again. I’ll go sing something happy now.
    See ya in Stars Hollow, people. Bring your own coffee mugs.

26. Court says:

27. Lola says:

OMG. OMG. OMG. Soooo happy about this! Rory and Jess are my favourite couple of my favourite show ever. #TeamJess But even if they are not together in the revival, I’m just excited to see Milo back! Hopefully Jess will interact with Luke and Lorelai too. :)

28. Amandolyn says:

#teamjess ALL THE WAY! He grew into such an honorable and driven man. Truly someone that could match Rory and challenge her. So excited! Lorelei and Luke with kids???? That would be great! Yay!!!

29. Drew says:

I know that people want to see all of these people back, but it is hard to see why they would need all of Rory’s exes, unless she is Christmas Carol-ed at some point.
    I would prefer to see Jess interact with Luke, and maybe Dean in passing around town, but neither should have much to do with Rory at this point. As for Logan… I really don’t see the need for him to appear.

30. Nicole says:

Ugh…Is he really back?!? Team Logan all the way!

31. Sims says:

Ugh this sucks. Hopefully he is coming back so that Rory can shut him down once and for all.

32. Signe says:

Team Logan. He grew up with Rory. Jess grew up without her.

33. Jakay says:

I’m hoping both Jess and Logan (and Dean, if he ends up back, too) are just there for Rory to tie up loose ends. They were all parts of her past that she grew out of and I don’t know if I’d believe any of them would work with who Rory is now.

34. Sara says:

I’m #TeamLogan but I liked Jess. :)

35. Souper_girl says:

Team Jess all the way!

36. beth says:

I’m team Jess and Dean. I don’t like Logan at all.

37. Laurie says:

I felt every boyfriend played an important role in Rory’s life. I hope they show that they have done things in their own right and not just as a compliment to Rory. Because Jared was at the ATX festival and was very pro-Gilmore I would love to see him participate. But that’s up to scheduling. I agree some of the best Jess scenes were the scenes he shared with Scott Patterson’s Luke. Of the three guys I think Jess would be a good choice for Rory. He showed growth.

38. Shru says:

I think I freaked out way too much!!! Jess is and will always be my favorite! Stoked we’re gonna see his beautiful face ❤️

39. Audrey says:

Team Jess! I’ve always been Team Jess! :)

40. Ugh. I really couldn’t stand Jess’s attitude at the end. I really am Team Logan.

41. jamiebkidd says:

I loved Jess, but I’m Team Logan all the way!

42. Lucy Smither says:

Team Jess, but for realy though- is Paris coming back?! Because, tbh, #TeamParis

43. Lex says:

Yay! Another chance to not watch the show again. hooray for me! :)

44. Isabela Milanezzi says:

OMG It’s happening… everybody stay calm!

YAY, so happy <3