Once Upon Time Young Regina Spoilers

Once Upon a Time Casts Tween Regina, Zelena — Which Fought S.H.I.E.L.D.?

ABC’s Once Upon a Time will shed light on two differently evil sisters during the back half of Season 5 — and to that end has cast tweenage Regina and Zelena.

TVLine has learned that ONCE UPON A TIMEAva Acres, who recurs on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (as Young Rebecca) and who also memorably haunted Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Melinda May during the Cavalry’s backstory, has been cast in Episode 19 as Young Regina.

English actress Isabella Blake-Thomas (BBC’s The Green Balloon Club), meanwhile, will play Young Zelena in the same episode, which is titled “Sisters.”

Seen at age 10, Regina is described as neglected and lonely, with zero interest in her mother’s royal duties. Twelve-year-old Zelena meanwhile is coming to terms with the magical ability her father despises so much.

Barbara Hershey — who returns as Cora in the winter premiere (airing March 6) — likely will appear in the episode as the girls’ shared mother.

As previously scooped by TVLine, though Zelena was banished back to Oz in the midseason finale, she will resurface in Season 5B — in part, to battle a warrior-mode Dorothy Gale (Chicago Fire alum Teri Reeves).

“[Zelena] is absolutely not done,” co-creator Eddy Kitsis recently told TVLine. “The Zelena story in Oz, with Dorothy, will tie into our Underworld story pretty significantly.”

Are you curious to see what the half-sisters were up during their tweenage years?

1. Ivy says:

Perfect casting for young Regina.

2. Ramy Kabalan says:

Seriously ouat’s casting are always perfect !! I’ve been waiting for young regina since S1 !!

3. mey says:

YES DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DarkDefender says:

Great casting. They did young Snow justice.. Looks like the same for Regina and Zelena.

5. Oh my gosh their beautiful and perfect for the roles. I can’t wait to see them on Once Upon a Time I think this episode will be very interesting.

6. Jennifer says:

I don’t even care who plays them, I’m just so excited to see both characters as young girls, and hopefully a great story between them in the present, along worth Cora.

7. Sarah says:

Can’t we just get rid of Zelena for good? I can’t stand that character.

• sanchopanza says:

“[Zelena] is absolutely not done,” Despairing sigh…

• jazzyt2u says:

• Agreed 100%, I was about to make that same comment. I love the actress who plays Zelena but can’t stand that character.

• Carrie says:

I totally agree. I can’t stand the whining and the over dramatic facial movement when she whines. I was hoping she was gone for good.

• BM says:

Count me in! I’m excited to see Young Zelena and Regina, however, I’m a bit wary of where this will lead. Zelena has been nothing but a villain for as long as she has been on the show, without even a hint of showing any kind of remorse or want for change. So please, can we just get rid of her? Let her die a hero, protecting her daughter, I don’t care, just don’t suddenly redeem her, please. Given how she’s acted and been portrayed, I really think that would be too much and hope that’s not where they go with this episode.

• محمد says:

• محمد says:

I disagree I love zelena she is my favorite character and I don’t want her to die my perfect ending for her will be that she manages to kill Regina and robin and take her baby and get her happy ending but since that clearly won’t happen the next best thing will be for her to be redeemed and make peace with her sister and the others I don’t care if it didn’t make sense just make it happen

8. Suzanne says:

Pretty cool! I love this show and all that you have done! It’s amazing and worthy of many awards! You have them in my book anyway!

9. brandydanforth81 says:

Can’t wait for this.Loos like ok at least casting.

10. Carly says:

There’s a lot of not-so-nice things one could say about this show by now, but one thing that’s impossible to deny is that they’re doing a bang-on job with the casting. Little Regina is perfect, can’t wait to see her on screen and the flashbacks paralled with Lana Parrilla’s adult Regina.

11. OuatCrazy says:

Mahhhhhhh I’m so excited for this episooddddddeeeeee!

12. Krista says:

I thought Zelena was given up by Cora when she was a baby???