Good Wife Cancelled Josh Charles

Good Wife's Final Season: Josh Charles Congratulates Cast on 'Amazing Run'

The morning after CBS announced that The Good Wife is in fact in the midst of its final season, former series regular Josh Charles weighed in on the big news.

In congratulating his former “family” on their seven-year run, TV’s erstwhile Will Gardner said, “I’m proud to have been a part of it and wish the entire crew all the best down the stretch!”

CBS’ “final season” promo for the acclaimed drama aired during Sunday night’s Super Bowl telecast, touting the “final nine episodes.” The series finale is set to air Sunday, May 8 at 9/8c.

Series creators Robert and Michelle King released a statement on Twitter, saying: “Telling the story of the Education of Alicia Florrick is the creative dream of a lifetime. It was always our plan to tell it over seven seasons. We wanted the story to have a beginning, middle, and an end — that’s the only way actions can have real consequences — and it’s the reason we had episode titles count up from one word to four, then back down again.”

Series lead Julianna Margulies in turn released a statement calling The Good Wife “one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. As an actress and a producer, it has been an absolute honor to be a part of a series that, throughout seven years, never settled on being just good… but always strived to be extraordinary.”

1. Jeri says:

Josh is a real gentleman and his loss was truly felt. The show we loved basically died along with his character, although we were not aware of the end of the era at that time.

2. Jim says:

I’m grief stricken. With the ending of The Good Wife and Downton Abbey, there’s nothing left on Sunday night television.

• Simonee says:

Madam Secretary is pretty awesome…that is what is keeping me comforted that I will still have a Sunday night show. That and of course, GOT.

3. Judith says:

Well, Charles did the show no favors by leaving. It’s been less interesting since he did that. And I haven’t seen him in anything else since. So did he really love the show that much?

• KR says:

First of all, he left the show partly so he could start a family with his new wife. Also, he’s been in multiple episodes of Masters of Sex, Wet Hot American Summer, and Inside Amy Schumer since he left. He was just in a movie with Sarah Silverman and is in a few more movies coming out this year. He’s always been grateful for what the show did for him, so don’t question his love for it.

4. shamrockblonde says:

glad it is coming to an end – it went from a great ensemble cast with great writing and story lines to a soap opera based on Alicia’s love life –

5. Gee says:

No, say it isn’t so1

6. ex360 says:

I bet he’s relieved that he left before it became what it is now.

7. Randy says:

I think the death of Will was the turning point in the show. Neither the great cast, fabulous writing, nor the really interesting story lines were able to fill the void, when the chemistry died. I’m honestly not sure if leaving the show really benefitted Josh, but it’s all water under the bridge now. It was truly a unique sort of show. I’ll miss it.

8. Anita Lee says:

It’s going to be a sad Sunday when I watch the final episode. Have been watching since the very first airing. One of the very best shows ever!!

9. Arleen Jasmer says:

I hate that this show is ending. There are so few good shows for we older adults. I am dumbstruck that this is indeed ending.

10. Meris K Brookland says:

The Good Wife (never really warmed to the title) is my favourite TV show, bar none. I record every episode; watch all the reruns but sometimes delay the viewing so I can watch it mid-week. I am truly going to miss this show… amazing writing, flawless acting, and interesting stories (not to mention Alicia’s new-found sexual freedom) makes for spectacular TV viewing. I will just have to learn to live with the re-runs :(