Shades of Blue Ratings

Ratings: Shades of Blue Hits J.Los

As You, Me and the Apocalypse dropped 29 and 25 percent from its premiere — drawing 3.5 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating (per finals) — NBC’s The Blacklist (6.5 mil/1.5) dipped a tenth and Shades of Blue (5.6 mil/1.1) slipped 14 percent and two tenths (to hit series lows).

NBC notes that the J.Lo drama nonetheless is improving on the 10 o’clock hour’s pre-Shades, non-sports, non-specials average by 38 percent. UPDATE: Renewed!

Elsewhere in the ratings….

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (2.3 mil/0.9) was down 21 percent and two tenths, while a controversial The 100 (1.6 mil/0.6) was steady.

CBS | Leading out of a fresh-n-steady Big Bang Theory (15.3 mil/3.8), Life in Pieces (9.1 mil/2.2) was up two tenths in the demo. Mom (8 mil/1.7), Angel From Hell (6.3 mil/1.4) and Elementary (6.2 mil/1.1) were steady.

ABC | The Madoff conclusion (6.7 mil/1.0) dipped 4 percent and two tenths from Part 1. ABC News’ related 10 pm special did 6.7 mil and a 1.2, giving ABC its best numbers in the time slot since Nov. 19.

FOX | American Idol (8.9 mil/2.2) dipped a tenth week-to-week.

1. Boiler says:

Seems like people turning off CBS after Mom and also hurting Elementary. Sort of looking forward to its move to Sunday. I don’t trust the new CBS head at all based on earlier comments

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

ELEMENTARY just drew its third-largest audience of the season and has been pretty rock-steady in the demo since fall. (That 1.1 is just shy of its season high.)

• johnhelvete says:

Unless part of the contract for syndication for Elementary includes an out clause based on viewership at WGN, I would think Elementary is safe for renewal unless it does dismal ratings when it moves to Sunday. I would agree, dont trust what the network execs say at TCA about “how they love x show”, the execs love all of their shows at TCA.

2. wrstlgirl says:

I enjoyed the Madoff movie and the after show.

3. Shaun says:

Ouch,Legends took a tumble.Not sure if I like the show or not.

• Gerald says:

I love Snart, but I don’t like the show. Too much messing with timelines without consequences. And last night they had Savage wounded him (not mortally obviously) but they let him go for no reason, to fight another day. I think the characters (writers) forgot the premise of the show. Stop and kill Vandal Savage.

• Carla Krae says:

The premise is holding them back – if they’d taken Savage and kept him down until Kendra was awake……or taken his head and body and buried them separately in concrete, whatever – then no more show. Either Savage always beats them over and over until the end of the series, or the show has to be about more than that.

• Jaime says:

I want to like the show – I like a lot of the cast – but the writing is pretty bad and, unlike The Flash or Supergirl, it doesn’t have charm that can make up for its issues.

4. Joe says:

Mom was so funny last night

5. Luli says:

At least the 100 demo was steady, but it needs to rise to a 0.7… Last nights episode was soooo good. Probably one of my favorites. Kim Shumway kills it every time she writes and ep.

And waht do you mean by controversial?

6. DL says:

My whole family loves Life in Pieces. Thrilled at how well it’s doing. I know it got a lot of comparisons to Modern Family early on, but the format and personalities are different enough that it really has its own flavor. There’s room enough for two single-camera generational family sitcoms! ;-)

• Mak says:

I love Life in Pieces and I’m glad more people are tuning in…I find the family dynamic on LIP much funnier than MF. At first I wasn’t sure about the short stories but now I love them..they always leave you wanting more…or if it’s a plot you are not fond of, you’ll be glad to know it will be over in a minute or two so that’s good. I love the cast, they have great chemistry..even the kids are hilarious

7. robandco says:

Love the headline!!

8. kirads09 says:

I hope Shades of Blue survives because I really love it. Liotta is incredible and the cat and mouse story is compelling.
    Also Blacklist – omg – last night’s ep – their own “Red” (pun intended) wedding and guest Tony Shaloub was never better.

9. Sajam2 says:

Idol still does pretty well considering. You’d think if they weren’t paying those high JLo and Seacrest salaries, the show could go on profitably for Fox

10. I was quite surprised, but Shades of Blue is actually a pretty good show.

11. I love Shades Of Blue. Jennifer Lopez is perfect in this role and the writing and acting is superb. I’ve always liked Ray Liotta too. Great show on thursday nights on NBC and hope it’s renewed,

12. elmer p. muggs says:

who is on that show besides Ray Liotta ?

13. Lisa Babinski says:

Shades of Blue is not believable. FBI wouldn’t be sitting in a car outside a cops window at home and not be noticed. Heck I notice a car in front of my house that has been sitting for a while. These cops have no accountability. FAKE!

14. Roxann Snow says:

This is an awesome show. Very dramatic and very adult. As always, JLo’s acting is impeccable and, well, what can you say about Ray Liotta? Fabulous!!!! I’m so glad this is renewed there is hope for the TV critics yet.