Wayward Pine Jason Patric

Wayward Pines: Jason Patric to Headline Season 2 of Fox Drama

Pack your bags, Jason Patric: You’re on your way to Wayward Pines.

The film vet, whose credits include The Lost Boys and Sleepers, has been tapped to star in Season 2 of Fox’s mind-bending drama, the network announced Thursday.

The show’s sophomore run will pick up where Season 1 left off, when a new arrival in the titular Idaho town finds himself in the middle of a serious rebellion, as the residents, led by the bratty First Generation, battle over how to preserve the endangered human race.

Patric will play said newcomer: Dr. Theo Yedlin, a confident, driven surgeon whose leadership skills become invaluable to Wayward Pines’ residents.

“Jason is an incredibly grounded and believable actor,” said executive producer M. Night Shyamalan in a statement. “I’m so excited for audiences to see what he brings to the world of Wayward Pines.”

Wayward Pines returns to Fox this summer. Will Patric’s casting get you watching?

1. Brynna says:

But what about the original cast? Who is coming back?

• NM says:

Probably none, as most were killed off or put back in their cryogenic tubes.
      I’m just wondering if they’ll age the cast a little more. I know it’s picking up right after where it left off, but a town run my teenagers? This isn’t Children of the Corn.

• But it is. That be cool.

• AM68 says:

Well actually it is. That was kind of the point of the story – that the children were being groomed to take over.

• Simon Jester says:

I enjoyed WAYWARD PINES, but the continuation seems like a huge misstep. I wish the network had the balls to let it end where it did, instead of trying to milk the ratings cow dry. UNDER THE DOME could have been brilliant if they’d done a single self-contained series instead of beating a dead horse. (And yes, I realize I’m mixing my barnyard metaphors.)

• AM68 says:

I think the only one coming back is the son since that’s where it left off. All of the adults are in cryo.

2. N says:

I love Wayward Pines

3. I watched every ep of this show, but I honestly can not recall how it ended. Did Matt Dillon’s character die or go back into his cryo chamber? I believe he killed the evil scientist/mayor, but am fuzzy on the details.

4. DE says:

Patric is the ONLY reason Ill watch.Ive loved him since RUSH and he has done amazing work. Just never seemed like he enjoyed fame. He could be huge. Very underrated.

5. Jimmy says:

Great casting choice, horrible character name though! Theo Yedlin?!

6. Jas says:

I love the show !! Glad theres gonna be a 2nd season.. Hope you can bring all the cast back that we didnt see die.. Including Mr. Damon…