Ratings: Arrow Ties Season Low

CBS’ 2 Broke Girls this Wednesday drew 6.3 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating (per finals), flat week-to-week.

Leading out of that, Mike & Molly (6.8 mil/1.6) was also steady. Coming out of a Criminal Minds rerun (5.8 mil/1.2), Code Black (6.9 mil/1.2) was down a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | American Idol (9.2 mil/2.3) slipped two tenths to a Wednesday low for Season 15. Hell’s Kitchen (4.6 mil/1.5) rose a tenth.

THE CW | Arrow (2.5 mil/0.9) ticked down to tie its season low. Supernatural (1.9 mil/0.7) was steady.

ABC | Part 1 of Madoff (7 mil/1.2) skewed significantly older (down at least 33 percent in the demo) than ABC’s most recent comedy block outing. American Crime (3.8 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth.

NBC | Laura (6.9 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth, SVU (7.3 mil/1.8) grew 5 percent and a tenth and Chicago P.D. (7.2 mil/1.7) rose 10 percent and two tenths.

1. Lara says:

Is it me or did this show stopped being funny this season?!

• Patrick says:

Its not moving forward. The girls are still broke. The cupcake idea was stupid from the get go. Really stupid. Untenable. I hoped they’d come up with a new idea, but they haven’t. There are no romantic entanglements for the girls, and I absolutely hate Sophie. The show grinds to a halt whenever she appears. Its just insults thrown around, left and right, each show.

• suzi says:

This show stopped being funny to me after about 3 episodes.

• movie watcher forever says:

After watching the first episode of 2 Broke Girls, I decided not to waste my time watching any more of this unfunny comedy. I haven’t missed a thing.

2. Jay says:

For idol getting cancelled, it still seems to have pretty good ratings considering the market these days. If they weren’t paying ridiculously high salaries to Seacrest & Jlo, one would think. It was still profitable. The numbers are higher than the other shows of the night

3. Mr. Tran K says:

2BG continues to be the bearer of bad news so far this season. If it gets renewed, maybe a proper “final season”?

4. Kelly says:

come on Code Black, please get renewed!!

5. That arrow episode had too much going on to be enjoyable anyway.

• movie watcher forever says:

I am surprised Arrow is still on the air. I quit watching the show months ago. The scripts are horrible and the acting resembles something you would see in a 1930’s B movie.

• Sil says:

I agree that Arrow packs way too much in an episode. It moved fast, I loved the introduction of the Calculator. I enjoyed seeing Roy again. But. Arrow wants to tell multiple stories into 1 episode. Most of the time some stories are barely touched on. Skimmed over. I think the acting is just fine. Arrow disappoints me a lot. But, I keep watching.

6. Eric7740 says:

Oh my goodness!!! American Crime is truly one of the most griping dramas I have ever seen. This is truly great television!!! Those not watching, are truly missing an amazing series and acting. I truly hope DVR numbers for American Crime help its numbers.

7. Can someone explain to me why CBS insists on keeping their horrible sitcoms but cancel shows like Person of Interest?

• John NYC says:

Higher ratings in the demo of interest? Plus comedies look to be cheaper shows than drama’s with out of doors production etc.: meaning it’s easier to make a profit: they may talk about “Williamsburg: but they don’t shoot there while when POI wanted to show Washington Square they went there and shot the footage….

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Truths. 2BG costs a fraction of what POI does, plus it reaps easy syndication money that serialized dramas simply don’t. (I’d also remind that POI is not super-double officially cancelled!)

• Patrick says:

Because POI probably costs 4-5 times as much to make, per 30 minutes, as one of their sitcoms (excluding BBT and Mom). All the other sitcoms are relatively low cost due to not having big name actors. POI’s two leads probably make a lot, and the show shoots in NYC, which is very expensive for a variety of reasons, as opposed to the very cheap studios where the sitcoms shoot.

• brandydanforth81 says:

CBS Dosent own PoI.Comdies are cheaper& have better syndication potential .Besides Comdies and dramas don’t compete for slots -dramas compete with dramas,comedies compete with Comdies.Maybe WB earned more from 2BGs in syndication where it does well as opposed to POI?CBS Comdies 2 BG & Mike & Molly have been treated badly by CBS too just like POI-late starts,moving all around the schedule,held for midseason and being put on Hiatues after next week plus M& M is still a Deccent ratings performer and should not have been cancelled.POI is a hour long as opposed to half hour Comdies and POI shoots in NY which is exspensive.
      Finally quality is subjective “terrible sitcoms”. as an example

• Jake says:

Because POI SUCKED BIG TIME!

• Eric says:

If that were the case, why do you hear a lot of critics say almost nothing but good things about POI but absolutely terrible things about 2BG? Just admit you have horrid tastes in shows.

• brandydanforth81 says:

2BG had higher ratings
      Tvbtm CBS Cance/renew index March 24 2015
      2BGs. 1.18
      PoI 0.84
      Higher index means the shows doing better.
      Also,quality or lack of in a show has nothing to do with renewals/cancellations-it’s all about ratings,making money & Critcal acclaim,online viewing,dvr numbers,international sales ect.

• brandydanforth81 says:

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that maybe WB made more off 2BGs in syndication than POI.Well,Accirding to Deadline 2bG gets 1.7 million dollars an episode which was record breaking at the time while POI made 1-1.5 million an episode in syndication.

8. iHeart says:

Chuck Lorre’s empire really is starting to crumble

• ABG says:

2 Broke Girls isn’t a Chuck Lorre show. TBBT and Mom are going strong. And M&M ratings don’t merit cancellation.

• Patrick says:

M&M made it to syndication. Its making bank for everyone. It didn’t become a monster hit, tis true. But it was a utility show that maintained respectable ratings no matter when or where it was scheduled. By any measure it was a huge success. Its only getting canceled because Melissa Mcarthy is too expensive now. She’d command close to one million per ep, in order for it to make sense for her to do a show at the expense of doing one or two movies in that same time frame. Billy Gardel’s contract probably stipulates that he makes equal, or close to, what MM makes. So, that show is no longer cost effective. Chuck Lorre seems to be winding it down, career wise. He’s got more money than a couple of generations of offspring could spend.

• brandydanforth81 says:

M&M is cancelled cause it’s WB owned not CBS so CBS Dosent make syndication,distribution ,or international sakes off it.

• Patrick says:

That’s what I mean. CBS, won’t pay WB what it would take for WB to make a profit, based on what MM (and by extension BG) would make. CBS can’t pay such a high price for the show, because they can’t make it back in ad sales. WB would take a small loss in sales to CBS if they could make it up on the back end.
            Take Friends. During its last few years, WB sold the show to NBC for substantially less money per ep than the show cost to make, per ep. But WB made up for it on the back end with international distribution, syndication, etc. Literally all the companies involved STILL made BILLIONS. With a B.
            Mike and Molly doesn’t generate those levels of revenue. Melissa McCarthy is saying all the right things, but she can’t take less than 1 million per ep. That would be, say 15-22 million a year going forward. By filming those eps, she would be walking away from at least 2 films, making 5-10 million. At a million per ep, it would make sense for MM to take the TV deal. But at half that, 500K (more than the cast of BBT gets), shooting for 25+ weeks a year doesn’t make sense. She’d be making the same, or very slightly more money, for much more work than she’d have to do making 2-3 movies in that same time period. Even if CBS COULD afford it, what does anyone think that the Cast of BBT would demand if MM and BG got close to 1 million per ep? They’d go ape ish.

9. Bwhit says:

Chicago PD was good last night! I recently started Code Black and now I stay up later to watch it on DVR after PD, it’s a really good show! Hope it gets renewed.

10. H says:

Shame not very many people watch American Crime. It is the best, if not the best, acted show on TV right now.

11. American Idol, the canceled show, continues to be #1 on the night. Way to go, Fox!

12. GuessWhat says:

American Crime is the BEST show on basic TV. It’s a CRIME people are not watching it.

13. wrstlgirl says:

Disputatious

14. C.P. says:

Yeah, this season’s gone to complete s—, especially when #100 tanked. I’d rather watch the Fine Bros and their not-trademarked React videos, but dammit I’m going down with this ship if I have to!

And if it does get the boot, there’s always Kimmy Schmidt.

15. Boiler says:

Personally can’t believe so many people watched Madoff. As for the CBS comedies I like 2BG, Mike and Molly’s numbers don’t deserve cancellation. After reading what the CBS goof-ball, being nice, said a few weeks ago I wouldn’t trust anything he did. His one big announcement a reality show.?? The 2 comedies have been treated like crap. Maybe they will survive due to both being syndicated. Hopefully he doesn’t ruin a network that for the most part viewers have been able to trust to do the right thing

16. kmw says:

Too bad for most of the shows last night. I know that SVU’S numbers will go down when new shows of Criminal Minds and Empire and ABC’S comedies come back but those numbers are still pretty good for a 17 year old show. FOX made a good decision putting Hell’s Kitchen on Wednesday. Its dong better than Second Chance did. Really too bad for American Crime what a shame that its not doing better

17. Kate says:

What was everyone watching to make everything sink? Or are there a lot of people like me who still have a night’s worth of TV on their DVR from Monday and Tuesday and now Thursday is just as bad.

18. Cam says:

I’m completely baffled as to how 2 Broke Girls has been renewed and Mike and Molly, which is ten times funnier, has been cancelled.

19. Curtis says:

They should cancel this show and bring back Mike & Molly. I just don’t understand Hollywood.

20. Sam says:

I tried watching this show the first year. Very predictable and just plain boorish. All sexual innuendo’s got very old quick. Insults hurled at the owner got old and just not funny. SO the next few years I watched a few shows, the same thing. Just really a boring show, and all the sexual innuedno jokes reminded me of being in the HS locker room. I thought the premise might be funny going from mega rich to poor, but kinda struck out. Did like the Russian dude for awhile. But not when he was with that one “RICH” chick.

21. Chris Barnes says:

It would help if CBS would stop shuffling it around first it was on Monday then Thursday night now you’ve moved it to Wednesday. If the ratings are low it’s probably because no one knows when the damn thing is on..SETTLE ON A DAMN DAY AND STAY WITH IT.

22. jRead says:

I honestly don’t see how 2 Broke Girls made it past the first season!

23. Bonnie Hobbs says:

Part of the reason the ratings were low for the Feb. 3 episode is that it WASN’T SHOWN in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (including Northern Va. and Md.). Instead, “Countdown to the Super Bowl” was shown. I still love “Two Broke Girls” and would have watched it if I could have!