Miley Cyrus Lands 'Key Adviser' Role on The Voice Season 10

It’ll be a party at The Voice backstage in Season 10.

Pop star and noted rabble-rouser Miley Cyrus announced today — using her tongue and Twitter, naturally — that she’ll serve as “Key Advisor” for all four coaches (Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Pharrell Williams and Christina Aguilera) in its upcoming cycle.

To share the news with fans, Cyrus tweeted a photo of herself licking the trademark red button on coach Christina Aguilera’s chair.

Previous key advisors — who help mentor contestants in the Knockout Rounds — have included Taylor Swift, Coldplay’s Chris Martin and last season’s utterly excellent Rihanna.

“When Miley speaks everyone pays attention. Our artists are very lucky to have the benefit of her instincts and wisdom,” said Paul Telegdy, president of Alternative and Late Night Programming for NBC Entertainment, in a release. “Our viewers will be treated to an inside look at one of the brightest minds in music and the entertainment industry who is at the forefront of pop culture.”

Season 10 kicks off with a two-hour episode on Feb. 29 at 8/7c.

Do you think Cyrus will excel at giving advice to Voice contestants? Share your thoughts below!

1. Rebecca says:

“When Miley speaks everyone pays attention.” Yeah they pay attention that she’s crazy. Ugh…. Won’t be watching her episode(s) now for sure.

2. Nichole says:

“Our artists are very lucky to have the benefit of her instincts and wisdom,”

Sarcasm?

3. Monica says:

Omg! Seriously?!!! I thought the show was “the voice” not “the CRAZY entertainer”. How is a serious singer supposed to take her advice seriously? I can’t even process this fully. Horrible choice! I will be skipping her episodes. This decision actually makes me question the validity of the entire season, possibly the show!

• Rachel Becker says:

Seriously I thought Christina wanted a chance to WIN! Bad choice of asvisors.

• Marilyn says:

The person responsible for adding Her to this great show should be Fired. If she was in the background before ..leave her there . She will destroy the show as she did for my family in one night..If The Voice Producers are looking for that kind of audience, they too are A Problem..Bye Bye to The Voice. it Was nice to know you. Nothing like bringing down all the beautiful talent that Made the show.

4. NotHardly says:

Well, now I have no reason whatsoever to watch The Voice during season 10! Thanks. Cyrus is like musical luncheon meat, empty calories, pre-fabbed bits and pieces, and cobbled together — without a musical point of view of her own. Call back when you hire someone who didn’t need over 40 different producers to churn out one 55 minute album.

5. Timmah says:

I’m looking forward to it. I think she’s a lot more savvy than people give her credit for.

• She is constantly involved in shenanigans…..she is a privileged young person. The tongue thing she does is gross, but I agree with you….she has some smarts. I was shocked at her voice. If she came up with the singing advice on her own, she is a gifted singer.

6. Lizzie says:

Why? This is even worse than Selena Gomez, or the non-singer Gwen Stefani who just talks about hair, makeup, clothes, and prancing around the stage instead of focusing on the best singing each contestant can do.

• Kim says:

So true! The good thing about season 10 is Christina is back…no more narcissistic makeovers of contestants into mini versions of their coach and obsessively changing their appearances…just singing beautiful singing!

• Jake says:

All Christina Hagulara knows how to do is screech at the top of her lungs. If you call that singing then so be it. I call it ear pain

• I asked my son about Gwen’s music because I noticed she does not really sing. She helps with the sponsors who are paying NBC huge bucks. I think she has a sweet soul and some serious business smarts to be so successful in the music biz this long.

7. Roger says:

What has happened to the comment section on this website. Full of negativity and trolling. I know that’s like 99% of the Internet, but this site never use to be that bad. If it isn’t CW fan girls going nuts about shipping its criticism on the writing staff.

• Rebecca says:

Gee, I didn’t realize people on the internet weren’t allowed to have opinions over people! I have seen the light and will now change my ways and think having trashy Miley Cyrus on the show is a great idea! Oh wait…..

8. Eric7740 says:

Seriously!?!?!! Who made this decision?!?? You go from A-List singer/entertainers to Miley Cyrus?!??! Might as well put Kathy Griffin to advise. D-Listers stick together!

9. steven says:

WHO AUTHORIZED THIS?????!!!!!

10. Peggy says:

I wont be watching the Voice if shes on there. Why ruin a good thing.

11. mamamitzvah says:

/Users/rivkyserwatien/Desktop/things/bunny puke.jpg

12. Kevin says:

So a helium voiced drug addict with minimal talent, who is pretty much only in the business because of nepotism, and a willingness to exploit an average to OK body, is going to be giving advice to people? That’s sound Hollywood logic if ever I heard it.

13. SaraPo says:

Thank God for dvr and the first button. I already ff though 75% of the voice due to endless recapping and back stories that are completely irrelevant to whether or not someone is s good singer. I cannot take a person like her seriously. The voice is truly not about “the voice”.

14. dan says:

I’m sure the contestants found her “YOLO YOLO, YALL 420 LOOK AT MY TITTIES” to be incredibly insightful advice, both for the competition and in life. :)

15. Karen says:

Well, this could be enough to make me stop watching. At least her episode.

16. Carla Krae says:

Ew. No thanks. I feel sorry for the contestants she’s supposed to “advise”.

17. Michael says:

“When Miley speaks, everyone turns the channel. Or hits the ‘mute’ button. Or fast forwards. Or longs for a day when the Voice looked for talent that makes headlines, not headlines without talent.

18. Connie says:

Rihanna should be the permanent “key adviser” classy & so beautiful. Miley is gross, nasty and just plain ugly.

19. Lee says:

Sorry, with the addition of the “great tongued one” I will forgo this season of The Voice. I guess they are ready for the series to be cancelled this year.

20. jamey says:

I will be fast forwarding through everything she is in. Seriously? This just makes me sad!

21. orionedarnell says:

I will never watch the voice now.

22. Andres says:

Let’s not forget that Miley was the advisor when AI9 Paige miles sang against all odds. #yikes

23. azzlyn says:

that’s called talent :3 and for God sake at least know how her name spells before speaking ill

24. Sarah says:

Are they serious? What a puke. Stupid choice. I won’t watch it this year. Why support some spank? Just a losser, not a role model for our kids anymore, please Voice get a clue!!!!!

25. Tim says:

How in the world does a no talent hack like Miley Cyrus get an advisor role on a hit TV show. The minute I saw her facein the opening credits I turned the channel. Good luck NBC, you made a huge mistake.

26. Vocamesmom says:

Thanks for the heads up. Though I have been a fan of The Voice since its inception, I will not watch when Miley Cyrus is on. I am considering giving it up entirely, as I think MC has no talent nor class. Certainly not the person Voice contestants should be emulating. Please reconsider and get rid of her.

27. Sue says:

Not watching if Miley is on …. she needs to clean up her act first.

28. kathy boushie says:

Miley’s in? Loyal follower, OUT!

29. Rob N says:

Nothing could be more disappointing than a smart, but crazy, perverted, immoral…literally defiling of children narcissist who hates God too…being a coach on The Voice.

And like she needs this to boost her ego and drive for power even further.

What is Burnett thinking??!! Christian producer??? Um… Family friendly?

Lost our entire family as viewers.

30. Sharon says:

Great Show. I’ll have to stop watching it ..Sad !

31. I have watched & loved The Voice since it debuted – however, I will no longer watch it with Miley Cyrus on it. She has no credibility as an “advisor” right now & as a coach, the show is going to go downhill fast. Too bad NBC isn’t listening to the majority of the viewers. Epic fail.

32. Darlene says:

Very disappointed. What a poor choice and role model. Have watched The Voice for years but this will be my last season to do so.

33. Dan says:

I think Miley is AWESOME! She’s way better than Christina, Gwen, Pherel, and Shakira combined!