X-Files Revivals Easter Eggs Photos

X-Files Easter Eggs: Did You Catch These In-Jokes From Episode 3?

If you had given X-Files fans carte blanche and allowed them to stuff a bunch of their favorite moments into a single episode, it probably would’ve looked a lot like “Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster.”

Keeping with the tradition we started last week, we’ve gathered all of the hour’s many Easter eggs — from the reappearance of two stoners to Mulder’s odd choice of sleepwear — here.

Click through the gallery below to feast on all the Easter eggs, then hit the comments to let us know about any we missed!

1. Missed the Kolchak reference, heh.

2. wrstlgirl says:

My ringtone is the series theme song too. I put it on there the day I heard of the revival :-)

3. Scully said Dagoo looked like Queequeg (her little Pomeranian who we sadly said RIP to after “Quagmire”)

4. ninamags says:

Loved every single thing about last night’s episode. Classic!! Epic!!!!

5. AnnieM says:

I had to explain the significance of the Red Speedo to my husband. :-D

6. Grace says:

Wait wait wait when was Scully’s immortality debunked?

7. Susan says:

I hated it, but then I always did hate the “comedy” episodes

8. Annette says:

Episode 3 was way to campy – totally hated it! Not impressed at all with the new X-Files.

9. James Ramsey says:

The first two episodes were mediocre at best but the third episode flat out sucked. If your doing a full season 22-24 episodes you can sneak one of those episodes in but with a 6 episode arc ? …and is it me or do Mulder and Skully appear medicated or at least hung over ? Very disappointed…….

10. Maree says:

Loved this episode. Rhys Darby is classic. Would like to see more of this humour (loved What We Do In the Shadows too). I would like to know if there was significance in Mulder’s comment about green glass and aiming for the appendix. When i first watch the trailer to this episode it looked like something pushed Rhys Darby’s character and the gun went flying. Watching it again in the full episode it still looks that way but I am guessing he is being tripped up by Mulder. Also noted that Mulder called Scully by her first name, a rarity.

11. Kate says:

The X Files theme song on Mulder’s ringtone actually super confused me that I thought it was some sort of odd in show commercial for the rest of the season that I sort of had to catch up, no this is the show.

12. Mimi Torchin says:

What about the ” were monster” being found in the Porta Potty? Hello, FLUKE MAN!” Only the creepiest creature of all time.