Pretty Little Liars Recap

Pretty Little Liars Recap: Parental Advisory

When it comes to incriminating outbursts, “Charlotte DiLaurentis will walk the streets over my dead body” pretty much takes the cake.

So it’s only natural that Aria started to suspect her father of Charlotte’s murder on Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars. But did he really do it? All we know is that he bumped into Ezra the night Charlotte disappeared, and he’s desperate to keep Aria’s ex-boyfriend quiet. Oh, and his nine-iron (aka the freakin’ murder weapon) is missing.

On the romance front, Spencer and Caleb both sought Toby’s blessing for their new relationship (or whatever it is they’re doing), and although I was surprised to see Toby so cool about his best friend hooking up with his ex-girlfriend, I can’t say I’m upset. Spencer and Caleb’s chemistry is off the charts; if you disagree, rewind the episode to when she told him, “Last night was perfect” and watch his sheepish giggle.

And it’s not like Toby isn’t moving on either. We met his new girlfriend Yvonne this week — she’s the daughter of Spencer’s mother’s political rival because of course she is — who’s impossible not to like. And judging by the engagement ring Spencer saw Toby carrying around the Radley, I’d say he agrees with me.

This week’s episode also reminded us that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. After coming clean to Ashley about erasing some of Radley’s security footage to protect Aria, Hanna found herself facing major jail time. That is, until the back-up footage “mysteriously” went missing. (Well done, lady. Sydney Andrews would approve.)

And then there’s poor Emily, who almost hit it off with her new crush Sabrina… until Sabrina realized Emily was just stalling while Aria snuck into Ezra’s apartment to find out if he killed Charlotte. Then again, I wonder if things will would have worked out between Emily and Sabrina, anyway. (The girl doesn’t even own a cell phone. How does she get all her threats?!)

PLL Nation, do you think Byron could be Charlotte’s killer? And where do you stand on “Spaleb” and “Tobyvonne”? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Cornelius says:

I had my doubts about this whole 5 years forward but its pretty okay so far. Just don’t do the mistake of taking so goddamn long to reveal “A” or Not A as Caleb called them.

2. Amanda says:

Nope still and will NEVER get on board with Spencer and Caleb! Is Spencer suppose to be the “favorite” Liar? If so, I demand a recount! She isn’t even the prettiest one! To me, she’s just weird!

3. lina says:

I think arias dad is protecting his mentally unstable brother. Not himself. Remember arias uncle. History of mental illness. Orrrrr he and Ezra are protecting aria who did something she doesn’t know she did.
    I like Spencer and Caleb. It’s fresh. The season feels fresh. I like that. I dont however like the new flash on the screen text messages. I always miss reading them because I am paying more attention to the actors and their expressions than words flashing across the screen.

4. Susan Reyes says:

How can you not talk about this? The question is who is the person in the black car taking off their glasses and a fake face. I can tell you who…… those glasses look awfully familiar, it’s Leslie stone. What if Leslie stone is doing the bidding for Mona or even Allison but what was she have to gain from working for Allison? But I do think arias dad had something to do with Charlotte’s death, maybe her mom killed her. Maybe her dad is going to take the blame for it.

5. nadialus says:

As friends Caleb and Spencer rock but as a couple they make me uncomfortable. While I understand that they aren’t in high school anymore and high school relationships rarely last, none of them had what you’d call a “normal high school relationship” and after how much stuff everyone went through, the good, the bad, and the ugly, I can’t get behind caleb and spencer. Maybe if they built it up more but it feels forced. I really wish they weren’t spending so much time on the romance aspect and gave more time to the girls together.

• Amanda says:

I agree! Now had it been a 10 year jump and they got together, fine, but 5 years and really 2-3 years since they broke up….nope! Spencer is worse than Allison

• Desiree says:

Yes! I totally agree. Everyone keeps saying how great their chemistry is, but I feel like the awkwardness during their scenes with Toby and Hanna explaining their feelings rings far truer than the out-of-nowhere romance. This could all just be my Hanna/Caleb bias at work…for what it’s worth, I don’t like Hanna and her new guy either. He’s so bland. Hot…but boring as heck.

6. Rachel says:

The creeper peeping in aria’s house freaked me out and made me laugh at the same time. They need to up the budget for “not A’s” disguises.

7. lauri5567 says:

I’m enjoying Caleb & Spencer and Hanna & her new guy. I mean Hanna told her boyfriend about the problem, and he called a lawyer! Wow, he’s smarter than the average parent in Rosewood. Yes, I’m looking at you, Ashley.
    I’m wondering if Byron is teaming up with Ezra or Ashley, as I could see it going either way.
    Still not crazy about Ella defending that Charlotte was “sick”, I don’t feel sympathy for her at all.

8. Kristen says:

Did Hannah’s fiancee land his private jet in Brookhaven, pa? That’s where I live..is it sad that I get a thrill of the small town references?

9. Coconuts says:

I don’t how much longer I can put up with “spaleb”…..it’s like incest… I get this wave of pure disgust when I see them together. No seriously…. like the green girl from “Inside Out”…

I need Haleb so bad that I got all excited when Caleb and Hanna said “answer it” simultaneously with arias dad called her at the end of the episode. The torture is unbearable

10. Anyone else agree that Aria is acting like a woman on the verge? She’s a neurotic MESS these days. I’m pretty sure I love it though since I’ve never really cared about her until now.

11. spu says:

I dont like Yvonne and not because she’s with Toby. Because there’s something off about her. That being said to me Spaleb is spelled P. E. R. F. E. C. T!

12. Cas says:

I love Spaleb.

13. Ru says:

I still like Spencer and Caleb as friends, it’s true, they have chemistry but still… I’m a Spoby fan so this just feels wrong. Also I think the murderer was Charlotte’s doctor (Dr, Rollins?) , don’t ask me why because I seriously don’t know. But I’m sure they won’t use someone like Byron, Mona or Sara is just too obvious.