George Clooney, Hugh Laurie Unite for ER 'Reunion' Sketch on Jimmy Kimmel

Is there a doctor in the house?! (Two, actually. And they both look oddly familiar.)

George Clooney and Hugh Laurie stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday for “an ER reunion… sort of!” The two actors appeared as their respective doctor characters — Clooney as ER‘s Doug Ross and Laurie as House‘s titular pill popper — to offer their medical services to Jimmy Kimmel.

The sketch was originally introduced as an ER “reunion,” but because none of Clooney’s co-stars were available — Julianna Margulies is filming The Good Wife, Noah Wyle has “Taco Tuesday” plans with his family and Eriq La Salle has jury duty — Laurie was forced to pitch in.

Also, you’ll be happy to know that Kimmel survived the procedure, which required Clooney to spit a little “Rapper’s Delight”; Laurie took care of the choreography.

Hit PLAY on the surprise “reunion” above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. L Hogan says:

LOVED IT! “Surprise” is an understatement! I’m a HUGE Hugh Laurie fan and he (complete with his HOUSE American accent) was hysterical. It was a GREAT skit. The 3 of them were an amazingly funny ensemble! Thanks for the laughs! I needed that!

2. DarkDefender says:

They should have had Alex Kingston pop in with the TARDIS.

3. Dani says:

Hilarious. And I just recently watched Tomorrowland in Nextflix which features both actors too!

4. Dee says:

I guess it wasn’t lupus.

5. smartysenior says:

I used to like Kimmel but I really can’t stand that black stuff on his face. Until he shaves I’m watching the other guy.

6. Jeri says:

Kimmel is the best late night show out there now. He actually converses with his guests instead of only all rehearsed promo ads and he allows the guests to actually speak. He does it right and I don’t feel short changed with the host thinking he is more interesting than the guests (JC). Yay Kimmel, keep it up. Interesting content, what a novel concept.

7. Ro says:

I wish ER reruns were streaming on Netflix or somewhere… :-(

8. c-mo says:

I have to say that watching this last night made me cringe way more than laugh, I just didn’t find it funny. Or maybe I just didn’t get all of the references, I gave up on ER shortly after Clooney left and ditched House after he drove into Cuddy’s house. Oh well. I like Kimmel (but I agree, he needs to lose the beard) and his silly skits and bits so I’ll keep watching.

9. maggie says:

This was hilarious! Clooney and Laurie should make a comedy together, like a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

10. Jeannie says:

Patients get a heavy feeling in their legs along with itching and throbbing.
    With medical science and technology developing
    at a rapid pace, getting rid of unsightly veins is not a
    problem anymore. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance in our body.