The Vampire Diaries Ratings

Ratings: Vampire Diaries, Originals Steady in Friday Debut; Grimm Ties Low

The CW’s The Vampire Diaries christened its new Friday home with 1.23 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating (per finals), matching its most recent Thursday outing as well as time slot predecessor Reign‘s winter finale.

TVLine readers gave the midseason premiere an average grade of “B.”

Leading out of that, The Originals (950K/0.4, average grade “A-“) shed a few eyeballs but matched its most recent demo number.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | Undateable‘s double-episode season finale averaged 2.7 mil and a 0.8 (and an “A-” grade), matching its previous outing. Grimm returned to 3.8 mil/0.8 (and average grade “B+”), adding a few viewers while dipping a tenth in the demo to tie its series low.

CBS | Undercover Boss (7.3 mil/1.3) dipped a tenth; a Blue Bloods rerun drew Friday’s largest audience (7.8 million).

FOX | MasterChef Junior (4.8 mil/1.3) ticked down with its season finale. Second Chance‘s Friday debut did 2.2 mil and a 0.7, dropping 42 and 30 percent from its most recent Wednesday outing.

ABC | Last Man Standing (6.9 mil/1.2) ticked down, while Dr. Ken (5.1 mil/1.1) rose a tenth. Shark Tank (6.8 mil/1.7) grew 21 percent to deliver its third-largest audience of the season while tying its season high in the demo.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Kansas Blutbad says:

With Grimm, you have to let people know when the random return date is if you want? viewers!!!

2. Max says:

The Wesen or case of the week is what I like about Grimm. Since the beginning, any of the European storylines made me instantly zone out. This season I’m tuning out more than tuning in.

• chuck says:

Next week is going back to that style nicks on the hunt for a new water wessen killing ppl. Just like the good old hunts of old.

• Hawk says:

I like the mytharc episodes because they make sense. A device might take forever to shape its purpose, but once it does it clicks with everything else.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Undateable gets renewed as does Grimm.

4. Carol says:

Sorry to read ‘Second Chance’ had such a big drop on it’s move to Friday. It’s a shame because Friday’s episode was amazing – the best so far.

• Ann says:

I agree. I’m really liking this show. I hope Fox keeps this show.

• ABG says:

Don’t hold your breath.

• prish says:

I’m with you on this, but I guess we have to just be grateful they keep putting out these different concepts, giving them a try. At least we are getting a few episodes to a year of fantastic other thinking plottings and acting. I still remember and feel grateful for the episodes I did see of Almost Human, Believe, Breaking In, Benched, Chaos, Common Law, Cupid, Detroit 1-8-7, Eli Stone, Flash Forward, Alphas, Human Target, Ironside, Journeyman, Lie To Me, Life, Life on Mars, Mind Games, My Own Worst Enemy, Pushing Daisies, Terra Nova, Terriers, The Cape, The Glades, The Good Guys, The Neighbors, The Reaper, The Unusuals, Trophy Wife. Kudos to you stations!

5. Mari says:

Glad to hear that the ratings didn’t drop for TVD and hope they can hold on! It didn’t hurt that this was the best episode so far of the season. *hint* Use these writers more often

6. Lianne says:

Grimm is just not interesting anymore. Veered off a long time ago, and now I don’t care.

7. HAP says:

I really hope Undateable gets renewed. I couldn’t help notice that Whitney Cummings showed up for the last 4 episodes. Wonder who reached out to who, given her past with D’elia on her show Whitney.

8. Morgan says:

Love it been there since the beginning

9. MTB says:

Grimm comes back to late and then takes to much time off around the holiday break. It also needs to be on a different night.

10. prish says:

Second Chance knows how to tell a story and get the plotting on the road. This last episode was great, and it’s a shame it was low on the ratings. Here’s hoping Fox will continue to support the show, which would go a long way to getting their news broadcasting in the household. The wife watches Second Chance and the husband watches Fox News, and the wife is not switching the news because she is still too happy about enjoying the Second Chance episode. A win-win for you, Fox, if you keep the show going!

11. zed says:

TVD had over the 1 mil, but The Originals agian were 0.9 mil – but there’s no big change. I guess it is the hard core fans that won’t give up on the shows till the bitter end.

12. JBC says:

I hope people will start tuning in to Second Chance. It is progressing as an interesting story with a great cast.

13. Sayre says:

That’s a relief. TVD, Reign, and the Originals are so deliciously entertaining and addictive.