Mr. Robot Casts Grace Gummer

Mr. Robot Scoop: Grace Gummer Joins Season 2 as Series Regular

Mr. Robot is increasing its bandwidth in Season 2, adding Extant‘s Grace Gummer in a series-regular role, TVLine has learned.

The actress will play Dominique “Dom” DiPierro, a young FBI field agent investigating the Evil Corp Hack. She uses her instinctive skills to try and track down the fsociety members and find answers.

Gummer’s Mr. Robot duties are not expected to impact her involvement with Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt, which was recently picked-up to series. According to a source, her Good Girls role was always conceived as a guest star in the pilot with the potential to recur (which she still may do).

Mr. Robot has enjoyed quite a momentum upswing in recent weeks, picking up best-drama wins at both the Golden Globes and Critics Choice Awards.

Production on Season 2 of the USA Network drama begins this March in New York City.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Will says:

Another one of Meryl Streep’s daughters…

2. I tried so hard to get into this show and just couldn’t do it. I finally gave up around episode 4. I heard it gets really good but it was so dang SLOW!!! I love all the actors though. :(

• Tim says:

The best parts of the show are the sub stories with some of the supporting characters.

• brownies says:

Just watch Dexter. Its a rip off of it anyways.

• A fan of TV says:

Not even necessarily true. We don’t know what is or isn’t real yet. Not entirely. Much smarter than Dexter, with less heart sure, but what heart did Dexter have by the time it was all over? Mr. Robot is its own entity and hardly a rip off, IMO.

• A fan of TV says:

I was hooked entirely by episode 1, but its because Rami Malek was so enthralling I couldn’t not watch what came next!

3. Sam says:

I just snapped my fingers and said “Yas!” in a public library. So my day’s taken a bit of a turn.

4. queerbec says:

No doubt she’s a figment of a guilty imagination. That way she can have scenes with Christian Slater, who will be tempted to tell her everything.

5. Hamish says:

Grace Gummer and Rami Malek also appeared together in the Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts film Larry Crowne.

6. Katie_Mead says:

7. I Believe says:

I first saw Rami in the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (yes, I admit it), but seriously, he had a small roll with a really big impact! As soon as I saw his eyes and heard him speak I knew he was destined for the big things in his future. He’s an amazing actor and the show is so well written-I record it and re-watch it so I can catch what I missed! I love any show that keeps me on my toes and this one is great at that!! 2 👍👍up!!

8. so when and where does Mr. Robot air? heard so much about it, haven’t seen any ads for it…so never even had a chance to give it a try….thanks

9. mamalyn says:

oh YIKES! Every show Gummer has been in has tanked. ROBOT is one of my favs. It’s hard to take your eyes off of Remi when he’s on camera.