Gilmore Girls Seasons Netflix

Gilmore Girls Revival Officially a Go at Netflix; Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop and More Returning

Netflix has officially booked its trip back to Stars Hollow.

The streaming service on Friday at long last confirmed that it is resurrecting Gilmore Girls, with series stars Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson and Kelly Bishop signed on to reprise their respective roles as Lorelai, Rory, Luke and Emily.

Other returning vets include Sean Gunn (Kirk) and Keiko Agena (Lane).

Netflix made the announcement on Twitter and Graham followed with a celebratory Tweet of her own (see below).

TVLine, meanwhile, has learned that the four-part revival — tentatively titled Gilmore Girls: Seasons — begins filming Feb. 2 in Los Angeles.

Gilmore creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and executive producer producer Daniel Palladino will write and direct all of Seasons, which will consist of four 90-minute installments. As TVLine exclusively revealed, each installment will represent a different season (winter, spring, etc.) over the course of one calendar yearSeasons is set in the present day, approximately eight years after Gilmore Girls reached its too-soon conclusion on The CW.

How are you feeling about Seasons (aside from your obvious unbridled joy)? Drop a comment with your hopes and fears for the Netflix revival series below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Elle says:

I really hope Jared Padalecki can be a part of this since he wants in it.

2. Babybop728 says:

Yayyy! Maybe now we can see Lorelai and Luke finally be a happily married couple. Melissa McCarthy should at least make a small appearance!

3. Mary says:

The teen girl that lives in this full grown woman is exhausted….Finding Carter is over…Gilmore Girls is back! However GG is vastly superior and I shall wait patiently to see what my favorite ladies!

4. Nicolás says:

Please, I just hope they keep WHERE YOU LEAD as the main song of the show.

5. T.w.123 says:

This is all so perfect!!!!! GAHHHHH!!!! (but, if I can be greedy for just one second, I’m going to still need Paris Geller to show up at some point! Clearly Shonda Rhimes can lend out Liza Weil for at least one episode, right?) Otherwise, I will go back to cheering and failing around my house now :)

• jj says:

yes! liza weil and melissa mccarthy need to make a guest appearance!

• T.w.123 says:

AGREED!! Liza and Melissa are my dream wish list to round out the cast. (I also wouldn’t mind catching up with Miss Patty, but that is not a requirement.)

• Mary says:

I agree they should show up at least for one episode. The shows are being created to put a good ending to the Gilmore Girls and I think it would be good to be able to close out the characters with a good note

• Dude says:

Can Gilmore keep her? Bonnie Winterbottom is about as terrible a character as her name is.

6. Deion says:

7. Christina Reynolds says:

So excited!

8. A. D. says:

I was never a fan of this show, but I’m happy for their fans and I hope Netflix does this with other show! Chuck, Monk, Sliders, Firefly, Psych, Quantum Leap…so many other good ones!

• Tee says:

Yes, Quantum Leap!!! I’m only 37 and I totally forget, but did Sam ever leap home? If not, then damn…at least do a two hour movie about the final leap! Scott Bakula still looks good, but the might run out of time with Dean Stockwell!

• misery chuck says:

Thanks, A.D. Appreciate your nice thoughts 😍

• Candice says:

I wouldn’t mind a Psych and Chuck reunion. USA almost did a series of Monk movies, but they canned the idea. I want a Hart of Dixie movie, too. The show wrapped up nicely, but I miss it.

• andria gooden says:

no way for chuck/monk/sliders/firefly/quantum leap all the actors are doing other shows so they can not do these shows again.

9. aph1976 says:

This is great news!Plus i still think Melissa McCarthy will reprise her role as Sookie but maybe not in all 4 movies because she could be in the first and the last one and the other two Sookie could be at teaching at a cooking school or something.

10. Eric7740 says:

FINALLY!!! Thank you!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

11. Lori says:

What about Melissa MCcarthy coming back as sookie St James?

12. Pati Melo says:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG best news ever

13. Christy says:

Unbridled joy pretty much sums it up!!! So very happy that all the key players are back. Still hoping for a Melissa McCarthy appearance in one, if not all. Fingers crossed.
    All in all.. Happy dance!

14. kate says:

Melissa and Jared should be there too!!!

15. Bwhit says:

Yes! I’m sure they will have more than just those characters but I’m so happy it’s confirmed. Isn’t Alexis Bledel pregnant? Would they write that in? I can’t believe filming starts next week, I’m hoping for some good BTS shots in the coming weeks :)

• K says:

Hmm that’d beintersesting if they did she never showed much interest in wanting to be with children and also stated that in a ep. Though mb being lanes lorali for herboys might have helped with wanting to be a mum.

• Hso says:

Based on her SAG photos from last night, she isn’t pregnant.

16. Tee says:

And although I’m at the point where I’m about to be Melissa McCarthy-ed out…I did enjoy her on Gilmore Girls as Sookie. Is she still a no for this extra continuation of the series?

I could do without Lane’s band; however, I would welcome the return of Sebastian Bach’s Gil, but I never really liked Todd Lowe’s Zack. It always seemed to me that Lane married beneath her (I liked her best with Dave Rygalski–too bad her mother’s acceptance of him turned her off) but it would be interesting to see what her twins are like, and how her nonconformist personality influences her parenting–did she end up like a hipster no-boundaries kind of mom, or is she strict, just like her mom?

Please say that Liza Weil is returning as well…

• Tee says:

PS. I understand Kirk represented the quirk of the town, but if they give too much screen time to him or his girl (forget her name…lulu?), or even Taylor Dosey, I will be a bit peeved. Let’s focus on the gilmores and their immediate circle (Luke, Lane, Paris, Sookie), please. It’s fine to show that Babette are still alive and kicking, but the heart of the show is Lorelai and Rory, so I expect that these four episodes should revolve around them, and not too much of the zany residents of Stars Hollow.

• Dan says:

Kirk always kind of annoyed me. We get it, he’s quirky and can’t hold a job down long. I agree that Lorelai and Rory are the heart of the show. And I’d love to see what Paris is up to.

• Sarah Sandoval says:

Fail. Kirk has many jobs. He just happens to be doing each one at different times. There’s an episode where we learn he has so many jobs he has hundreds of thousands of dollars saved.

17. Nick RNZ says:

Yesssssssssss! I too hope Melissa McCarthy makes an appearance!

• alistaircrane says:

Her sitcom is over, so theoretically she’d have the time, depending on her movie schedule.

• Mike M says:

I believe she would make the time to at least have a few episode arc if she was asked. She has been very down to earth in her commitment to Chuck (M&M) and has always seemed to appreciate the importance of her TV “families” in her career success. On announcement like this, they will never be able to straight up name her in casting, since she has other commitments, but my bet is be confident it is being discussed to work her in if it is possible. I don’t think she’s the type of person you will hear reports of “she wanted too much money”, plus it’s Netflix, so I’d imagine they’d meet on agreeable finances if the schedules can align. Plus of course producers will also want to hold out announcements like that til closer to air to draw in ratings – or in this case members :-)

• forg says:

Well said. Maybe it’s wishful thinking on our part since we don’t really know her but that’s why I get from Melissa too. Her status has changed and ASP already mentioned that working out the deals for the actors took a long time so we’ll see

18. jenndeve says:

I have no words to fully convey the awesomesauce amazeballs-ness of this confirmation. Yes we knew but the tweets from Lauren and Netflix…omg oy with the poodles already. Gimme!

19. c-mo says:

What perfect serendipity…this announcement as I’m watching Gilmore Girls on UP. 😊❤️ So very, very excited! Right now I don’t even care that Sookie won’t be an on-screen part of this show, there are so many ways her presence can still be felt that it will be fine.

20. Richard A. Vorpe says:

I can’t wait! But I will. Thank all envolved for your work. I don’t expect perfection, I expect Gilmore Girls.

21. Laurie says:

So happy. I love the idea of four seasons. I am cautiously optimistic that they will tie up the loose ends that were left when the series end. Still sad to think that Edward Hermann’s Richard will be missing. A tribute to him will be a definite must.

• Tee says:

That’s the one thing that won’t make the continuation feel 100% like Gilmore Girls. I’m super-stoked to get 360 extra minutes of the show, but Richard Gilmore’s absence will be deeply felt, not just for those involved with the show, but for those of us glued to Netflix, binge-watching, when the episodes are up.

• jj says:

yes that is the one sad reminder of this reunion, I really hope they have a tribute or at least a flashback of a tribute

22. Sabrina says:

Great news. I can’t wait to see this.

23. Dennis says:

What about Melissa?!?

24. Paula Ugelow says:

25. beckmank says:

Love that they are coming back, but where is Sookie?! Stars Hollow won’t be the same without our favorite chef…

26. Luli says:

Can liza weil come back please?!?!

27. dragons3 says:

I’m anxious for the new episodes, but, OH, how I wish Edward Herrmann were still with us.

28. Stephanie Petersen says:

I’m so excited that Gilmore Girls are coming back. This was my favorite show and I was so upset when it ended. Can hardly wait to see what happens next!

29. Columbus says:

Sookie….and Jackson…and Mrs. Kim!!!

30. K. Renfrew says:

Please ms mcarthy come in it even just for a guest appearance! We realize your very busy but your apart of GG!! I’m psyched that we get another GG and find out what’s happened this show has the continuation to go on fora long time even if it’s 4 eps per year!! Thank you nextflix for bringing it back and to those who have chosen to come back for a visit!!

• S says:

They aren’t planning to have four episodes released per year. These are the final four episodes and Amy has said she’s closing out the fourth episode “Fall” with the four words that she had always intended the series to conclude with. Sadly this will be the actual end of Gilmore Girls.

31. jimbo says:

I’m just here to freak out (again). YESSSSSSSSSS! Alright, carry on.

32. I need Paris, Sookie, Jackson and Zack to appear too. Oh, this is a great day!!!

33. I’m a little worried about the cast. Liza Weil, Jared and Milo have all said they’re game, but they’re not being officially confirmed as coming back. It also seems like Melissa McCarthy won’t be back for sure, because she hasn’t said a word either way and neither have the show execs, and she wasn’t at the reunion. THAT ABSOLUTELY BREAKS MY HEART. Lorelai is by far my favorite character, but Melissa McCarthy as Sookie brought something special to the show and it won’t be the same without her!

34. Penny Stricklanf says:

My daughter (a teacher who is expecting), her friend (a nurse), and I are making plans to resurrect our Big Blanket Night Slumber Party for each episode! So excited!!!

35. Patricia Siskonen says:

My prayers have been answered! Finally we get to see how Amy and Dan would end it. That last season was a waste and left no one stisfied. My only sadness is that Ed will not be there to share his wonderful portrayal of Richard. But I’m thrilled to hear that the principals will be back, I hope that everyone else will too. Especially, Emily, David, Jared, Milo, Sally, Michael, Yanic, Liz, Gregg, Matt, Melissa, Jackson and Alex. Oh, and Hep Alien, of course!

36. John DeYoung says:

OH yeah!!!!

37. Patricia Siskonen says:

My prayers have been answered! At last we get to see how Amy and Dan would have ended it. My only sadness is that Ed will not be there wit his brilliant portrayal of Richard. I’m so happy te principals are all in, but I hope to see everyone again, especially Sally, Liz, Michael, Matt, Jarod, Milo, Gregg, Yanic, David, Emily, Melissa, Jackson and Alex. Oh, and Hep Alien of course!

38. anne says:

Just four episodes!!!!

39. Ellen says:

It won’t be the same without Sukie. Please, please, please!

40. Jalahyacinth says:

Copper Boom!

41. Celia says:

I can’t wait. I loved this show!

42. Sarah says:

So they are re turning if they are I would like to see that logan and rory to get married if they return I’m happy

43. Crittersmith2 says:

I’m sooooo happy!

44. Jenny says:

Omg soooo excited loved Gilmore girls Cannot wait to see seasons 👍❤️

45. Julie says:

ALL hopes, no fears!! So freaking excited!

46. Brad S says:

I can’t believe I’m commenting on GG. I’m a middle aged man with 2 daughters. I use to allow them to tune in while I read. Slowly but surely I found myself watching as well. What drew me in was the writing. Some dialogue was as good as any show I’ve seen. Hopefully many of the cultural references that were over my daughters and their friends heads, they will now get in the new Netflix episodes. I still can’t admit to my peers that I watched this shoe.

47. Shera Chochinov says:

I would love to see Luke and Lorelai to finally getting married. Rory and Dean dating again maybe getting married cause those two always been in love.

48. jamie says:

Luke and Loralei have to endup togather

49. Camie says:

I’m so happy I’m in its been way to long. Thank you so much for listening to the fans Amy !I am ready for my Gilmore girls!!!!!

50. stevieluvsalex says:

OMG!!!!! There are NO words to discribe the excitment pulsing through me at the present. Let the tears streaming down my face, speak for me!!!

Luke and Lorelai is all i care about!