Vampire Diaries Originals Crossover

Vampire Diaries/Originals Crossover: Klaus, Stefan Reunite in First Footage

“Welcome to New Orleans, old friend.”

If that greeting from Klaus to Stefan(!) doesn’t get your heart rate up, there’s a good chance you’re deader than every character on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals combined.

The CW on Wednesday released a new promo for the Julie Plec dramas’ impending move to Fridays, and it features a brief (yet glorious) look at the shows’ highly anticipated crossover.

“The crossover was born out Stefan needing a place to escape,” Plec recently revealed to TVLine. “He’s on the run. He needs to go somewhere where magic can’t find him, and we realized he can go to New Orleans where there’s that bar where magic doesn’t work.”

As for what the boys will discuss upon their reunion?

“They actually have a surprisingly civil and honest conversation about love — what it means and the sacrifices that you have to make in the name of it,” Plec added.

Hit PLAY on the promo below, then drop a comment with your hopes for the crossover.

1. NDFan says:

I’m just a casual viewer of both shows now, but I’m super excited about this. Stefan and Klaus together was always one of my favorite interactions from TVD’s glory days. They work so well together.

• Klefan says:

Me too! All they have to do is put both of them on screen together and I’m fine. Just like this pic of them I can just look at that all day! *le sigh* lol

2. Stacy says:

Just hoping for some Klaroline.

• Terra says:

Exactly, I enjoy Stefan/Caroline but they are NO match for Klaroline. Remember Klaus’s line about Tyler being her first love but he intends to be her last? **swoon**

3. Phoenix5634 says:

Just can’t wait for these episodes! Love both shows! Hope they can do this more often now they’ve been put on the same day. Stefan and Klaus were always the best when they shared scenes, Damon and Elijah too. Really hope Stefan mentions Valerie, and that she’s a witch/ vamp ( heretic ), I want to see Klaus’s reaction to learning about them, and it would open doors for more frequent crossovers.

4. I am a sucker for crossovers

5. Bwhit says:

I kind of want to see Stefan interact with Marcel and meet Hope. I doubt we will get that but I just think it would be funny to hear a line like ‘wait, so you really are a father?!?’

6. KC says:

Oh come on! We get 2 eps about Damon and his after hell and then he´s just fine? Now it´s back on saving Stefan again? :S I thought it was fun to give Damon his OWN storyline to cope with instaid of helping everyone in his own messed up ways..

7. Vick says:

Give us more Klaroline… LOL

I don’t normally watch TV. Get home, eat, sleep wake up, work… Yawn*
    But I’ve been watching (stream) VD since eps 1. Now addicted to Originals since airing, so this crossover is just brilliant! Getting interesting on both SIDES..

8. Dorian says:

Cami will become a ripper and Klaus calls his best friend Stefan to help with Cami’s ripper part.

9. Ethiopian says:

nice to see the 2 shows combined. the vam diary was going extremly boring. its geeting back to good scenes when the hunteres come and when it combines with the originals

• Ethiopian says:

i wrote it in rush here is corrections. ” nice to see the 2 shows cross over. the vampire diaries was going extremly boring in season 7. its geeting back to those good scenes when the hunteres come and when it crosovers with the originals Keep Cross overs happen in as much as many epsodes.. it will be loved more by fans. am sure.