Zoobiquity Pilot

Zoobiquity Drama Pilot From Bones Showrunners Ordered at Fox

If Bones returns for a 12th season next fall, it may be down a showrunner.

Fox has placed a pilot order for Zoobiquity, a “light and unconventional” one-hour medical procedural written and and EP’d by Bones showrunners past (Stephen Nathan) and present (Jonathan Collier).

Based on the book of the same name, Zoobiquity follows the unlikely pairing of a successful, driven cardiologist as she risks career suicide by teaming with a socially-challenged veterinarian who relates better to animals than people. They try to put aside their competitive natures to cure the incurable using a unique blend of cross-species medicine that’s never been tried before.

Collier is currently running Bones with fellow EP Michael Peterson. The duo, coincidentally, assumed the showrunner post from Nathan, who stepped down at the end of last season.

Earlier this month, Fox co-chairman and CEO Dana Walden hinted that a decision about a Bones renewal was imminent. “It’s top of next-week business to start talking with the producers about whether this will be the end of its run or if it will go another season,” she said, adding that if it is the show’s final season, producers “will be given plenty of time to start writing a meaningful ending to the show. They have such a loyal fanbase, and those fans deserve a satisfying ending.”

1. Jen says:

Yes, this is the end for Bones, infesr

• kmw says:

Not necessarily, Bones has had lots of producers they can replace Collier. However Bones” renewal was supposed to be top of the week business last week and still nothing so it could be. Not for nothing but this pilot sounds like a Brennan look alike but instead of Bones deals with animals instead. This is what Nathan left Bones for? To do a very similar show. And not that I don’t love Bones but can we please get away from ” socially awkward” characters. Isnt there any other kind of characters television can come up with. The other drama pilots from FOX sound more exciting

• Jen says:

I’m not sure how my comment got garbled. Should have said “Yes, this is the end for Bones, in my opinion.”

2. Lily says:

I still hope we can get that season 12. The news about them working on this pilot came at least a year ago,maybe more. Yet Collier and Peterson said two weeks ago, they want another season, so I’m choosing to not panick.

• kmw says:

Neither am I. Bones will be done production wise by April or May I would assume, Collier can then work on pilot. Maybe if Bones gets a final season Hart Hanson could come back, but like I said Bones has lots of producers who could replace Collier And just because they ordered this pilot doesn’t mean FOX will pick it up. Still just irritated by lack of renewal news or return date.

3. heather says:

This series has been in the works since 2014, I think Dec/Nov. So it will be interesting to me if these two are still associated with it when it hits Pilot

But yeah, Bones has so many producers, show runners come & go all the time, like a revolving door, Collier has only been one for a year on Bones, no worries from me, it’s no big deal *shrugs*

If I am brutally honest, I want Hart Hanson to come back for Bones final ( 12?)season anyway

• heathet says:

*ok, according to another site this, is the third attempt on script, 1st & 3rd attempt written by Nathan & Collier, who will executive produce, mmmm OK, good luck with that

• Jen says:

Actually, there have only been four show runners on Bones in 11 years: Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan for 10 years (last year with Nathan alone), then Michael Peterson and Jon Collier for season 11. So, there haven’t really been show runners coming and going all the time.

I do agree that it would be nice to see HH come back for a final season, but I think that’s a long shot.

• heather says:

Sorry my bad English, I was talking in general: showrunners come and go all the time. Some have it in their contracts that they have a to develop X amount of pilots during their tenure for the network/studio.

Collier is CO showrunner with Peterson, who prolly can do it by himself…. It’s not a big deal to me, there are plenty of talented people out there able to replace any showrunner, if we are honest….anyway, like I said I would love for Hart to return.

• kmw says:

Yep so do I and this series has already gone thru script changes and one of their initial writers is gone as well so I am not really worried either. As for the actual pilot I guess it would depend on whos cast but it really sounds like Bones with animals and it just doesn’t sound very good.

4. denise says:

Nope, doesn’t even sound interesting. Sorry

5. AnnieM says:

It sounds like it would be more interesting as a stand-alone documentary.

6. Cappy says:

We really need a season 12. A finale in 11 would not really be able to give Bones and fans it’s rightful dues. It would be good to change producers to enhance it. Agreed: HH was the best. There are bigger issues namely Boreanaz and Deschanel re lawsuits. Hope we hear something very soon.

7. Magnificent site. Plenty of useful information here. I’m sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious.
    And of course, thanks for your sweat!

8. It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info
    with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

9. It’s genuinely very complex in this busy life to listen news
    on TV, therefore I simply use world wide web for that reason, and
    take the newest news.