Second Chance Moved Friday

Fox's Second Chance Moving to Fridays, to Be Paired With Sleepy Hollow

Second Chance will get no third chance on Wednesdays.

After two outings, Fox’s Frankenstein-y sci-fi drama will air Fridays at 9/8c, beginning Jan. 29 (where it will lead out of the MasterChef Jr. finale).

Then, starting Feb. 5, Sleepy Hollow will serve as its lead-in, as Fox’s other genre drama resumes Season 3 in a new Friday time slot.

Second Chance debuted to 4.8 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, then slipped 16 percent and two tenths in its second week.

Taking over Wednesday’s apres-American Idol time slot will be Hell’s Kitchen.

1. Anna says:

pretty sure this means both shows will be cancelled

2. Kyle says:

Welp, these two shows are getting cancelled.

3. kmw says:

If FOX seemingly thinks things are going so well with Sleepy Hollow they should have moved Sleepy to Wed night. Now its safe to say goodbye to both shows. Sleepy wont give this show anything on Fridays.

4. Vince says:

Woah that was fast.

5. rinaex says:

Unsurprising, and effectively canceled.

6. Ray says:

Better than what I predicted, which was a Saturday night burnoff.

• Mike says:

They will need a place to put Lucifer and Hells Kitchen so Sat will be filled soon. The smart move be to extend Idol to 2hrs, and put some “last season” moments in to fill the time.

7. wrstlgirl says:

Fine with me. Wednesday is a very crowded night of tv for me. This helps.

• bj says:

I agree. And I think if Fox had stopped advertising it as a Frankenstein-themed drama series they might have had more people tune in. I almost didn’t give it a go, and it’s good.

• rinaex says:

Dropping the Frankenstein theme is what made me lose interest. That, and the fact that the show manages to be boring with Tim DeKay.

• prish says:

I, finally, caught the tie-in with Frankenstein/monster creation and Lookingglass/monstor creation. Get it? The book was titled the scientist’s name, and the tv show is titled the tech company’s name. Hopefully, Fox will let it play out the season and show its strengths. The episodes have been fun.

• Levonna says:

It is really good. I watched the 2 episodes on demand because my Wednesday is booked with my night time shows. I’m looking forward to watching it tonight. Some new shows you have to give a few weeks to pick up. I don’t think it can be put into the same category as sleepy hollow or minority report. I actually was surprised when I saw minority report got cancelled not even half way through the start oft he season.

8. D says:

i like this show so far

9. Bryan says:

AM I the only one who thinks this is a positive thing? The networks are trying something that they think will succeed on a Friday which is usually a dead timeslot. Even The CW moved their former flagship show on Fridays. Same with NBC trying out comedies there.

10. DarkDefender says:

#kissofdeath

11. Jeff says:

I enjoyed this show so far.

12. Cobra says:

Third episode in and already the death-slot? Not a good sign.

13. James D says:

that sucks I’m enjoying it so far, never thought I would but it’s a decent show. so much for that I guess

14. Mr. Tran K says:

This should be “bad news” for both Sleepy Hollow and Second Chance on Friday nights.

15. Et al. says:

My sympathy to the cast and crew of The Second Chance Frankenstein Lookinglass Code.

16. me says:

Where are they gonna stick Lucifer when it inevitably bombs? They’ve run out of “burn off” slots.

17. Fred says:

I will watch most sci-fi oriented TV but Second Chance is just dire beyond all belief. Those who cast the lead actor have the most to blame.

18. kirads09 says:

Call me crazy but I think this might end up being a positive thing for both series in the long run. Don’t think a Friday Night Time slot is the kiss of death it once was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. I’m old enough to remember when Friday and Saturday nights were strong TV nights–the 70s with All in the Family, Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore and Carol Burnett on Saturdays, and the 80s with Urkel and other shows that I myself never cared for, but had strong ratings on Fridays. What has happened since then? This would be a good article for TV Line to write, if they haven’t already broached this subject already and I missed it. I hope that Sleepy Hollow gets a second chance in this time slot, and Second Chance becomes a little less sleepy.

20. datdudemurphy says:

didn’t even realize it had aired at all yet….

21. Dani says:

I guess Fox is giving up on its supernatural/sci fi dramas. Hopefully they stop ordering them and stop getting people’s hopes up, especially the ones who work for the show.

22. Jan says:

I actually like this show. Oh, well…

23. Doug says:

I really enjoyed the two episodes so far.

24. Dennis says:

this show is dead.
    yes, pun intended

25. rfg_nyc says:

I really like this show. I hope Fox isn’t just burning it off!

26. Beth says:

This is one of Fox’s best shows. It better not go off the air. Fox should know when it had a great show!

27. Cheryl says:

I like the show. Better than what I thought. Hope it sticks around.

28. Johnny says:

Don’t know why they wouldn’t pair second chance with x files. You cancel the interesting stuff but give 2 hrs to a bunch of talentless ppl, other than Harry, judging other wannabe talentless musicians. Boo fox…. I love your comedies and sci fi… Move American idol it’s 10 yrs passed it’s time..

• Sweb says:

Have you ever seen Keith Urban? He may not be the greatest judge, but he has a ton of talent – his live shows are amazing.

29. Ty says:

Wondering if I should just stop watching it now before the inevitable cancellation

30. step calli says:

I really like this show. I was looking for it tonight and had to Google it.

31. Cindy Barfield says:

Watched both shows and really liked it. Can’t watch sleepy hollow anymore or this one I guess. Work weekends. Sucks when you keep moving shows around.

32. Larry Walden says:

I’ve watched the last episodes. I really like this tv show. It’s so much better than most all the other junk on tv today. Please keep this show running. Thanks.

33. Michael says:

I think this show is awesome it has great actors and a great storyline i love it cant wait for more. I dont care for sleepy hollow at all

34. nina says:

They kill shows way too fast! Its ridiculous! Plus this show is awesome sauce. :)

35. carol says:

Love! THIS SHOW. Best TV show in a while. Rosewood too.

36. Mary says:

Love Second Chance!

37. pete says:

Great. Show needs a second chance. Love this one. … Waiting to see next episode.

38. Julie says:

I Love Second Chance!!!! I hope it stays on Friday nights with my other favorite show Sleepy Hollow! My daughter and I look forward to both shows! We order pizza and unwind from the week! We also enjoy that both shows have hot leading men!!!!!!

39. Micki says:

Friday is precursor for no more. Refreshing to know we are back to watching that imitation so called “reality” crap (Not!). TV seems to gear to younger ratchet crowd and anything appealing to mature, creative and imaginative crowd gets x”d because what? Ratings and execs need to be flogged and demoted. Trying something new? How stupid do they think we are? This is why I hate to start something new because it will be cancelled soon as I enjoy it. And YES, you’re the only one @Bryan

40. Jerry G says:

Please continue Second Chance. We followed it from Wednesday to Friday where we watch it instead of Grimm. Wednesday was a better time slot. Advertise the show, and give it time to gather an audience. Love Otto and Mary. Love interest developing but not whole show. Work with the fans on this one. Don’t throw it away prematurely.

41. Vicki Allen says:

Well i loved the show! Am so glad i will be able to watch it next season. Thanks Fox.

42. Jane collier says:

I love second chance best dame show in a long time

43. Donna says:

Second chance! Got my attention the whole creation with the man with the superpowers….. having the Father and Son team up to do detective work has a good plot if it keeps going every Friday night with different storylines it will keep my attention going. .. beautiful girl handsome guy… to bring back the father’s corrupted ways into the current plot to work into future segments will be a well anticipated what’s next if Sheriff had passed enemies it will always keep the plot going to let you see that his ways is went a lot further than what the audience hadn’t expected… it has potential to keep the audience captivated.. Just have to keep the audience at the edge of their seats to always anticipate what will be next weeks outcome…. hopefully it does well .but the way things are going with every Network you can’t get too much into shows nowadays because they seem to get cancelled at the drop of a hat… who knows what to expect Primetime is lacking

44. Sandy says:

Second chance was a fabulous show and hopefully comes back to tv