Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez Visits Steve Harvey: 'I Already Forgive You'

After a month of anxiety, ridicule and even death threats, Steve Harvey can finally rest easy.

Harvey — who infamously named Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez the winner of last month’s Miss Universe pageant, before realizing his error and having her stripped of her crown just minutes later — received the gift of forgiveness when Gutiérrez visited his eponymous talk show on Tuesday. Better still, the affable first runner-up shared that she has no plans to sue the funnyman, either.

“Are you scared?” Gutiérrez giggled, after Harvey brought up rumors that the maligned beauty queen was meeting with attorneys. “I’m not gonna take your mansion. Not your car or your mansion.”

That was just one of several moments in which Gutiérrez playfully zinged Harvey. “Let’s break the ice. You keep making mistakes. It’s not Arianna, it’s Ariadna!” she scolded him after Harvey mispronounced her name in a pre-taped interview.

Later, when Harvey asked Gutiérrez how she felt about his handling of the Miss Universe winner’s announcement, she responded, utterly deadpan, “You have to learn how to read cards – because it was on the card,” before letting him off the hook by speculating, “you wanted me to win!”

Gutiérrez even snuck in a little joke when Harvey geared up for the interview’s big moment:

Harvey: Have you found forgiveness?
Gutiérrez: With you?
Harvey: With any of us — really with me, yeah.
Gutiérrez: I’m almost there — no, I’m kidding!

After Harvey joked that he was on the brink of stabbing himself in the eye with his pen just to elicit some sympathy, Gutiérrez told him, “I already forgive you,” adding that she’d reached that point the same night as the Miss Universe pageant.

“I thank you for forgiveness,” replied Harvey, tearing up. “I really, really needed that.”

After reviewing their favorite memes from the days and weeks following the pageant snafu, Harvey told Gutiérrez that he hopes God takes this moment “and shoots you to the moon,” promising to do whatever he could to help her along the way.

Gutiérrez, who said she initially blamed God in the moments after having her dream crushed, said she now thinks that perhaps, “I’m gonna be maybe bigger than just Miss Universe.”

What do you think? Is the Miss Universe snafu the start of something bigger for Gutiérrez? Has Harvey done enough penance for his on-air mistake? Sound off below!

1. Mike says:

Aren’t beauty contest broadcasts timed out to the last minute? Usually, it’s announce the winner, she sobs as the crown is put on her head, handed the roses and her fellow contestants envelope the winner with congratulatory hugs? The fact that there was so much time left on the broadcast for the ‘mistake’ to be discovered tells me that this was all pre-planned.

Just a thought.

2. liame says:

Steve what in the world is going on? Crying over a frakkin wrong name announcement of a “beauty” pageant? This is becoming more embarrassing than the actual incident. These women need to get over themselves and invest in some type of education so they can support themselves. They only do these competition so they marry some rich old geezer!

• A fan of TV says:

If people made threats on the life of your family, you’d be flipping, too. You can claim these people are ‘obviously’ being dramatic, but if you don’t know these people personally how can you be so sure? Now imagine that youre in his shoes and living with that uncertainty. This was also a chance for Harvey to brand himself internationally, and while he did indeed brand himself, it certainly didn’t go the way I’m sure he imagined it.

3. A fan of TV says:

Duh this was far better for her career than actually winning. Rational people knew this right from the moment this whole thing blew up, and its time for everyone to move on, in my opinion.

4. Dwayne Barr says:

Real Barbershop Talk: Golf Clap goes to Miss Philippines Universe 2015; very mature and have a wonderful disposition with genuine forgiveness. My buddies and I in the SHOP which Miss Colombia (body language and eye expressions) and she SEEM 2b PLAYING the Camera/Title of Colombia but did NOT seem Sincere. Fact 1- She will (STILL) bring up Steve’s error although a smile. (Support Fact: She is a Capricorn. Negative traits..”won’t leave WELL enough Alone”. Rigid, and overly conventional. Positive- Has a Sense of Humor but it can Come out (Mean). She corrected him with a SMILE pronouncing her name. So, she still is Bitter. Hope thru TIME she will be Better. #LetsGetPassedThis

• aln says:

i saw that too. While Pia really tried to defend Steve from the onset of the interview, up to the end when he finally told him to “stop beating himself”… that really relaxed Steve; I felt Ariadna was a bit mean with her jokes. how he scared Steve by not answering about the lawsuit question immediately, or even how she answered jokingly “she’s getting there” regarding forgiving Steve. it felt a bit insincere and “showbiz”.

5. Jean says:

I have been wondering how, if her name was not on the card, did he announce Miss Columbia the winner? Was there an error on the card or a wrong card handed to him? I didn’t see it so not sure how it happened. I think he has beat himself up enough it could happen to anyone especially the first time. I believe it was his first time hosting this event correct? He is still human. I am quite sure Miss Columbia will achieve any goal she desires especially with Steve’s help. She will be better off when all is said and done no doubt. I also give kudos to her for being so gracious about it.