Exclusive
Charisma Carpenter Chicago PD

Charisma Carpenter Books Chicago P.D. Arc — Will She Be Hot for Halstead?

Is Chicago P.D.‘s Jay no longer high on Lindsay?

TVLine has learned exclusively that Charisma Carpenter, Whedonverse alum and host of ID’s Surviving Evil, will appear in multiple Chicago P.D. - Season 3episodes of the NBC drama as a lawyer-turned-marijuana dispensary owner who will possibly bloom into a romantic interest for Detective Halstead.

Chicago P.D. continues its third season this Wednesday at 10/9c, with Episode 12. Carpenter will debut in Episode 15, titled “A Night Owl.”

Since ABC Family’s The Lying Game came to a sad end, Carpenter’s TV credits have included episodes of Blue Bloods, Sons of Anarchy and Scream Queens.

Want more scoop on Chicago P.D., or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Linstead says:

NOPE I’M SUEING

2. Tara says:

Are you sure you have the love interest correct?

• Wordsmith says:

I actually like the idea of putting another eligible lady in Halstead’s life to see how he reacts. Right now, Lindsay is literally the only single girl in his world, and they’re only “sort-of” together. Having someone else express an interest in him might force Halstead and Lindsay confront the issue of whether or not they want to really be a couple.

3. Lena says:

???? that seems foolish. i love her, but what a ridiculous time to try and insert a love interest for halstead considering lindsay and jay have only just gotten it together.

4. Bwhit says:

Really? After everything that has occurred between Jay and Erin they are doing this. Plus they are supposed to go on that road trip together in episode 17… I hope they decide against it because the Jay/Erin pairing has really grown on me.

5. MV says:

nope, not gonna happen. Jay already has a love interest, the other Halstead could use one.

6. Steven says:

Maybe she can decide to go back to being a lawyer and star in Chicago Law?

7. Ashbash says:

I was hoping that she would be a love interest for Antonio

8. gemapet says:

Why Jay? Why not start something with Jon Seda’s character? What was the divorce for if not to get him dating…

9. Pattyrich says:

Well apparently, Charismas character is into boys and not into MEN. Antonio has no storyline, no love interest and yet, she is used to give Jay a storyline? Seriously? Please be a misprint. I’m sick of Jay and Erin. I love you charisma but you are used in the WRONG way.

10. Maryann says:

No, just no, in terms of the romantic interest thing. Halstead and Lindsey belong together. Besides which, Charisma always plays the same role, whatever she is in. I enjoyed it on Buffy and Angel, but enough already.

11. william says:

one of the most beautiful voluptuous women in all of hollywood. I remember seeing her in that bikini on Burn Notice. OMG

12. Nero tTVFiddler says:

Having just read the comments, I know Chicago PD fans are thinking, ‘why now?’ But sometimes when a show, or a series of shows, start really catching fire (PD, Fire, Med), and the producers are thinking of adding another (Law), you hit the gas and really push forward to make the franchise that much stronger and scale. That means more writers, and more star power.

Anytime a show can get someone like Charisma Carpenter on the team, you go for it, and then figure out later the details and where she might eventually land. She’s gold. I’m a fan of the PD show, primarily because of Sophia Bush – I follow her anywhere, from show to show, and Charisma will create that same type of interest for fans. Even if CC ends up doing a cross over onto the new Chicago Law show, that can only be good for fan interest and ratings across the franchise.

Ratings on Chicago PD are going upwards, and when CC’s story arc arrives, the ratings will skyrocket. Sometimes when you have a hot product, you don’t rest… you double-down and hit the gas and go for more. Bringing CC on board will turn out to be a very smart move by Mr. Wolf and the Chicago production team. Smart, smart people.

Welcome aboard Charmisa!!

13. Cas says:

Love her. Hate the premise.

14. Dork4TV says:

I don’t think it’s anything worth freaking out about. The exec producers said earlier in the season that Lindsay and Halstead would remain undefined for awhile and that part the process would be figuring out what happens when things like temptation arises. We saw a touch of that back with that lawyer who gave Jay her number (Erin put an end to that pretty quick). But with 3.14 being a dark episode, it’s entirely possible that Erin may pull away, leaving Jay free to at least consider the possibility of being with someone else. And then he has to make a choice … the choice being obvious as this character is temporary (or possibly a planted character meant to seed the possible spin-off). Or maybe it’s as simple as this new character puts the moves on him, but he shuts it down, affirming his commitment to Erin. Whatever the case, it seems fairly apparent that 3.17 is going to be “the big one” for Linstead so it seems like this *potential* triangle might get resolved then, if not before. Which makes sense because something like this could totally propel their relationship to the next, more defined level. I think it will be good.

15. Lindsay says:

I was actually thinking she would be a good love interest for Voight. And then I remembered they played a couple on Veronica Mars!

16. BM says:

I’m sorry but the way Halstead has been acting/has been written I can’t imagine him being interested in someone else. Ever since the first season he’s been the one who wanted Lindsay, he was the one who wanted to keep the relationship going in S2, he was the one who refused to give up on her in S3, he’s the one who told her he didn’t want to hide anymore, he’s the one who told her to never go anywhere without backup anymore and there was a lot more that he wanted to say that he didn’t say in that scene and after all that, I’m supposed to believe *he* would be the one who walks away from the relationship when a random stranger comes along? Unless Lindsay ends the relationship first that makes absolutely no sense at all!

17. Ruth says:

I have never seen an episode, but I will now because I am a huge fan of Charisma, and have been since her Buffy days.