The Americans Season 4

The Americans Gets Season 4 Premiere Date (and A Super-Cool Poster)

The Americans is returning — better late than never.

FX confirmed Saturday that its acclaimed period drama will kick off Season 4 on Wednesday, March 16 at 10/9c. It marks the latest premiere yet for the Keri Russell-Matthew Rhys spy saga, which traditionally returns in January or February.

The announcement was accompanied by the release of the show’s official Season 4 poster, which finds Philip and Elizabeth making love and war (see below).

Meanwhile, at a Television Critics Association bash Friday night in Pasadena, exec producer Joel Fields told TVLine that Russell’s real-life pregnancy would not be incorporated into Elizabeth’s Season 4 storyline.

The Americans Season 4 Poster

1. I’m excited for a return date and the poster is awesome but I’m a little sad Keri’s pregnancy isn’t being written in. A Philip and Elizabeth baby would definitely have changed things up.

2. Dan G. says:

THE AMERICANS is incredible … now that Paige knows the truth, where does the story twist and turn? Can’t wait to find out…

3. GuessWhat says:

rama or drama? =)

4. steven says:

Don’t ignore Henry this season, please.

5. I’m glad her pregnancy isn’t being written in. I just had my fill of pregnant women and baby in constant peril during The Originals. The look Philip has on his face in the poster kills me, though.

6. Marilyn says:

Can’t wait to find out what Elizabeth and Philip will do when they find out Paige spilled the beans. Wonder if Pastor Tim will ever be seen again……

• Lerbert says:

I wondered the same thing! But I’d expect Paige to be suspicious of that right away.

I would have thought Elizabeth would have taken permanent action over the possibility of future pregnancies as soon as Henry was born, since at the time she wasn’t in love with Philip and having the kids was part of her duty.

Are we going to have a time jump? Maybe that was already addressed in another story…

7. Melanie says:

I don’t have cable so I watch it on Netflix. Still waiting for Season 3 to be released. Such a great show!

8. James D says:

I’ve been waiting to hear when it would premiere. So stoked for it to come back. with Paige in the know I’m sure the drama will be off the charts.

9. K says:

What a gorgeous poster. I wish I could buy that.

10. Linalsar says:

I love this show. So excited for season 4!!