American Horror Story Season 6

American Horror Story Season 6 (Dual) Time Frame Revealed

American Horror Story: Hotel only just closed its doors, but details about the next installment are beginning to leak.

At the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena on Saturday, FX boss John Landgraf revealed to reporters that Season 6 would be “set in the present” with “echoes of the past” mixed in.

“It’s set in two time periods,” he added, “but principally in the present.”

Landgraf declined to share any additional intel, joking that exec producer “Ryan [Murphy] will kill me if I tease anything” else about it.

American Horror Story Season 6 will bow next fall.

1. rcb918 says:

Interesting. That seems to break to present- odd numbers, and past-even numbers pattern that had developed.

2. Matt says:

It’s present and past almost every year. Half the show is usually flashbacks.

3. Spence says:

I, as a whole, enjoyed Hotel, but often found myself disappointed because I kept remembering the greatness of seasons 1 and 2. Because of this, I feel I won’t be watching AHS for much longer. I might tune in to season 6, but the series is really losing its magic.

4. Michael says:

So we know three things about the new season:
    – Angela Bassett is coming back (based on that tipsy interview Ryan Murphy gave)
    – Lady Gaga was invited publicly to come back but hasn’t signed on (yet)
    – and now this timeline

Am I missing anything?

5. Donna Davis says:

No offense to Jessica Lange, who was awesome in her 4 seasons of AHS, but I absolutely LOVED AHS Hotel!! Excellent story twists, interwoven lives (and deaths), and while not a Lady Gaga fan, thought she did an amazing job! Even Peters deserves a freakin Oscar for his performance as James March. He totally immerses himself in that 1920’s personality. Fantastic television!

• Cat says:

Except for season one, Hotel has been my favorite! Loved Gaga! She totally deserved her Golden Globe! Evan Peters blew me away! A bravo performance!! Loved the entertwining of past and present, twist and turns. And then Denis O’Hare as Liz Taylor!!! The man made me scream with laughter one moment then rip my heart out the next. Brilliant season!

• wyll says:

I ahee 100%

• rinaex says:

I’ll join you and say that I loved Hotel, too.

• Christi says:

Me too! I loved season 1, and Hotel is 2nd. I’m glad Lange isn’t in this one, I almost hated Freakshow because of her. I loved Gaga, she was awesome.

• gina Lucchetti says:

Just my opinion but I guess Asylum,and the original were my faves but I loved them all they all got their own special thing,I imagine the writers breakin their asses comin up with new ,gory,still somewhat believable for the audience,the proble as I see it is advertising if your not watchin that channel you dont know about it and sometimes due to holiday breaks people are notorious for forgetting things in the span of a second.I hope it continues,I love the actors like I said props to the writers,and I was never a fan of Lady Gaga but I thought she did a hell of a job,her looks too for that time frame worked well ,and I just love Kathy Bates if I could hang out with her over coffee dream come true for me,the casting is well put together I just hope people hang in there,The show takes me away and I feel like I am part of the show its a great fantasy show & hope it continues! Thanks Gina

6. newy says:

What I want for the new AHS :
    1. No old players. I want to see some new blood. Seeing the same actors playing different characters make the story seems less believable. It also makes people confusing if you still remember the old seasons.
    2. Better directing please. They should learn from thriller directors like David Fincher or Ridley scott. AHS directing has the same pattern in all of their seasons. Over the top and make no sense.
    3. Rewrite, rewrite, rewrite the story until it’s better. The only season I like is season 1. The rest are stupid.

• Anon says:

Gtfo. Season 1 was great! Season 2 was really boring to me. But Season 3 was amazing! Season 4 was amazing! And season 5 was amazing! I honestly believe the seasons are getting better! And the same actors playing different characters is amazing too. I personally don’t get attayched to the characters played, I get attatched to the actors. And they do bring in new actors each season. Lastly the directing is really good. Better than some movies I have watched. So your opinions really don’t mean anything to the true AHS fans. Bye.

• Janeya says:

Using the same actors each year is just about what every Tv Show does I personally love that try use the same people it shows their diversity . Especially Evan Peters I mean who would of thought a boy who started out as a minor role of a UFC fighting obsessed freak on The movie Never Back Down , could have so much potential. Its fun to see them play different roles unlike regular TV shows where each person stays the same person they have always been. That’s what originally made me freaking obsessed with AHS ! But that is in fact my opinion. I believe every season has been absolutely fantastic I have no complaints at all.

7. ChrisGa says:

After a slow start, I ended up enjoying Hotel but I think anything would’ve been an improvement over Freak Show, which I thought was awful. Wouldn’t mind seeing Gaga back; I thought she was better than I ever imagined she would be.

8. Virginia says:

So freakin excited already. I own all the seasons will own Hotel as soon as it comes out. I truly hope Jessica Lange is in newest season Angella basset Kathy Bates I would buy an empty C D if it had their names on it. Excellent casting, wonderful crew, and great storylines that keep you guessing and caring what happens to each person. With that said I LOVE AMERICAN HORROR STORY ALL OF THEM. MALE AND FEMALE GO TOGETHER LIKE PEANUTBUTTER AND JELLY

9. Ellinaras78 says:

Just no Gaga please!!!

10. Jared says:

I really hope Gaga doesn’t come back. She killed Hotel for me and this was the first season I actually stopped watching.

11. Lorraine says:

Well what else is new. It’s a given that the show always uses flashbacks. I have to admit I did enjoy this season more than the last after I took it for what it is. I’m not gonna expect it to be like the first two seasons but they really need to focus on one main plot line instead of jumping all over the place just because they wanna put as much famous actor they can find. It seems like the past three seasons start with what you think may be the main arc of season, and then halfway through it falls apart. For freak show, they made it seem like Twisty was gonna be the main villain, and then nothing.

12. fragile says:

the beauty behind ahs is the ability of the actors to play different roles in different seasons and still be spectacular in their performances. the sexual and violent tendencies in each season should bring any fan of such stories to appreciate the twists and turns. it is the type of show that you can watch over and catch things you missed the first viewing. opening your mind and subjecting yourself to ahs gives people a lot of insight of what you would never live youeself

13. fragile says:

lady gaga has acting skills that blew my mind. hotel introduced so many different lifestyles that some people are never aware of existing. it shows empathy, sympathy, understanding anothers point of view. its love and lust, pain and revenge. the great thing about every ahs is you know at anytime a main actor can be killed off. if ahs would be a long running series, i doubt it would be as exciting as it is now

14. Laurie says:

I, for one, will continue to watch regardless of who they cast. But it would be amazing to have Lady Gaga be in Season 6. Hotel is my favorite so far but I have been hooked since day one. Live them all for different reasons.

15. TV JUNKIE says:

I have been a fan of the show since the very beginning. I as well was disappointed with Coven and Hotel. One would assume that Freak Show would’ve gone off with more of a bang since it was a major lead’s last year.

16. Julius Emmans says:

AmericaN horRor stoRy is the best but Hotel wasn’T clEar enoUgh all Of u show rewAtch the shOw again See the maGic of iT

17. Nancy says:

I can’t wait!!!! This is my favorite show ever

18. Nancy says:

I can’t wait!!!!! My favorite show of all.

19. I hope to see Jessica Lange back next session not the same without her

20. John Smith says:

I really like what AHS does when it comes to telling stories with the same actors. I became a fan of the actors themselves more than their characters, they really are that amazing. I’m not a fan of LG but I thought her character was interesting. I wonder how well she can do other characters though. I hope the show continues for many more seasons since it’s so different from what’s currently airing on TV.

21. b says:

If Finn Wittrock, Evan Peters, and Matt Bomer return along with Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett I’m in. Evan Peters deserved a Golden Globe nomination for his portrayal of James Patrick March. He made a serial killer charming and debonair, maybe he’ll receive an Emmy nom. Gaga earned her Golden Globe in the episodes that explored her characters backstory

22. Abrizzle says:

I want Taissa to come back, I really liked Dylan McDermott and that sweet soul of Frances Conroy. I feel like Mare was a replacement for Frances, but it wasnt bad but i wish Frances was in this season. I want Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson to have better roles… Idk thats just want i think

23. mms says:

Taissa Farmiga and Jessica Lange should come back. liked all seasons. Waiting for season 5 on Netflix.

24. Cameron says:

Coven, hotel and freakshow were the best in that order

25. billandbruno says:

So glad to hear this. I’m looking forward to the new season.
    I sure hope that Lady G. is back. She was a fine additiion to a Cast of great actirs.
    Keep this style and cast going with some great writing.
    NO MORE CLOWNS!!! (I hate clowns)
    Lets get to work and get a pile of great shows “in the can”. Thanks for a fine show.

26. Angela Grub says:

I don’t care how, but they better make a mention of the Supreme burning the Hotel Cortez to the ground OR bring Queenie back to life in the next season. I don’t care how, but it better happen.

27. The Name says:

Hotel was excellent and Lady Gaga made it even better. Keep up the great work. Ignoring all of the idiots who made negative comments about these series. Clearly they don’t get the mastery and genius behind it. Go watch something else more your intelligence level. Might I suggest 2 broke girls??

28. Kilo says:

Gaga was absolutely incredible she made this season, whoever says she was garbage is just hating. If you didn’t like Coven which to me was my favorite season , you have no knowledge of American History or Down South History or even the basic sence to know that was based on a true culture, the only season that was horrible was freak show, The ending to hotel i agree sucked, but that was a fantastic season, if your a true fan of AHS you should realize that AHS is unorthodox which is the shows identity, having these storylines that lead to nothing is so ingenious it makes the show unpredictable, if u Dont like AHS stop watching it,,, and Jessica please come back…… Sincerely….a black dude

• Summer says:

And you don’t have the basic sense to know how to spell “sense.”

Also, Coven was horrible because the characters acted wildly different in each episode. It had nothing to do with history or culture, and everything to do with bad, schlocky writing. But then maybe you have no knowledge of story structure and character arcs?

29. Mimsy says:

Denis O’Hare delivered every line in his wonderfully cynical way, he & Kathy Bates made the show. Wished a better end for John Lowe, where does he go the rest of each year?

I suggest for next season:

A setting on a cruise ship, in the 1930’s or ’40 s.

A post-nuclear war scenario.

We’ve had ghosts, vampires, witches, mental patients, Nazis, circusy folk. What else do people fear?? Disease? Aliens? Insects?Politicians???

30. Dave says:

Maybe I’m too dense but I don’t really understand the meaning of GaGa’s final comment..”you have a jawline for days” can anyone enlighten me?

• Summer says:

You know that line that people use when describing a woman with long, sexy legs? “She had legs for days?” Pretty much the same thing here, only she’s complimenting a strong, sexy jawline.

• Caitlin says:

Earlier in the season when Matt Bomer killed Finn Wittrock’s character, he said something to the effect that he has cheekbones for days. I think it was referencing that.

31. NovAn says:

I wan’t AHS 6 : Cruise 🚢 Ship 😉 seems very interesting with Evan Peters as the mysterious Captain.

32. Tracy mckivitz says:

Hotel was my favorite I will miss it

33. hxh07 says:

I love watching AHS and seeing what they come up with each season!! Was impressed with Lady Gagas acting, but wouldn’t want to see her return. It might be nice to see and be suprised of someone famous in each season!

34. Laticia says:

I LOVE American Horror Story.. from ‘Murder House to Hotel’. At first I definitely thought it was a little off putting that Jessica Lange would not be a part of the show any longer but Lady Gaga… AMAZING, perfect for the role! This definitely is my most favorite season yet!! Can’t wait to see what else you guys come up with. Love it, love it, love it.

35. shanan0 says:

im excited for the new season, every one so far has been up to par, however, the ending for Hotel sucked…I felt like they just left me hangin, or it was too quick. It needed to be a 2 hr ep and not a 1 hr..

36. PeanutButterQueen says:

I wish they’d do something in the style of the movie Shutter Island, that would be cool, but instead of an asylum they could use a prison.

37. Laura Rhea says:

What everyone seems to forget is that AHS breaks the mold every season. The fact that every season is a new story, unlike all the cookie cutter molded series that just keep on going-and-going when they need to pull the plug. Once that plug is pulled it’s over, period. AHS will never get old, never get boring and can never die because it will always be new and appeal to new viewers. True art.

38. JCH says:

Every season has been awesome! Great job! They are obviously doing something right we all watched every season and we’re still talking about it now!

39. Janeya says:

WHats wrong with you guys ALL of the AHS were great

40. E says:

If you guys didn’t get the memo they are interlingering the seasons freak show interlingering with asylum and hotel brought back coven the next season’s going to bring back season one and soon they will all be connected in one with no more filling through pages and only flash backs of past life’s how are they going to keep same characters doing different actors and actresses when they want to connect the seasons together making it more interesting its trying to show you history of characters before showing you the future of what to expect they all flash years in the future completely out time frame in the end of each season think about details not about actors or actresses its the screen plays and scripts that draw you in the actingis just a plus to show physical emotion do to emotionally numb idiots that can’t imagine what’s going on or who’s feeling something

41. Kaka says:

Interesting, I can’t wait to see what they do with Season Six! It’s great they’re bring back Lady Gaga and Angela Bassett . I Really hope they also bring back kathy Bates and Evan Peters, both were fantastic, my favourite characters by far.

I loved the first two as well as freak Show and Hotel, Coven was a real let down and I hope the next is strong like the ones mentioned.

42. evelyn says:

American horror hotel was my fav hope it continues to amuse me xx

43. Dee Mckinney says:

My favorite was Coven.But hotel was awesome too.Lady Gaga was really good in her role.Loved Liz Taylor . Please say it will be back. Dee Mckinney

44. Cheryl ossola says:

I think they are all actors including people doing the reenactment a . Each season they have been acting for a lifetime series or each season is like a one hour reenactment show or series. Lady gagas song is perfect illusion to go with the idea and the trailers are just about past horror shows. It just a question mark and a six question meaning behind six. Something will happen to break the actors characters on set they will be really scared by someone or supernatural force and all the actors who aren’t in this one will be back around as their real selves dealing with these demons or someone like the motts or dandy who won’t really be dead and wants to come after the actors for the representation of there family