Quantico Season 1 Spoilers Time Jump

Quantico EP: Time Jump Will Kick Off Midseason Premiere

Can’t wait for Quantico‘s March 6 premiere to find out what happened immediately after the midseason finale bombing?

Yeah, about that…

“There will be a significant time jump in the future segment of our storyline,” executive producer Joshua Safran tells TVLine. Translation: Even though 32 people — including characters we care about — perished in the second terrorist-triggered explosion, it may be a while before we know who’s among the dead.

The leap will take viewers three months into the future, and will start right at the beginning of the winter premiere.

“There is no buffer,” he added.

Also: Though the FBI academy-set timeline will continue apace, don’t expect an instant answer as to whether Alex and Liam had a naked New Year’s (as the finale led us to believe they might) — though the series will address the question within the first few episodes back.

“You will get an answer as to what exactly, if anything at all, transpired between Alex and Liam on New Year’s Eve,” Safran promised.

Quantico viewers: What do you think about the impending time jump? Who do you think died in the explosion? Who do you think set the explosion? Sound off in the comments!

1. MissEllys says:

A Time Jump….BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Marco says:

Well, isn’t that awfully convenient… I get why you want the mystery to go on, but there is such a thing as stretching too much, and you’re already on shaky ground from the massive stupidity and the accidental homophobia (SO AVOIDABLE) of season 1A, so you should really be a little less screwy.

3. William says:

This is incredibly frustrating… It’s bad enough that we couldn’t get answers to the main mystery in the midseason finale, but the fact that the writers insist on lollygagging even more with the other plots makes it difficult to enjoy the show. If the writers don’t make note of what hasn’t been covered, they’ll find themselves in over their heads before the season ends.

• Jaz says:

Take Safran’s other show Gossip Girl, which started off as a big mystery and even though we got answers it didn’t at all make sense. You can’t exactly go back into the show and go “oh yeah I see that now”

That was another show which was great entertainment but was sidetrack and got too ambitous for it’s own good.

I also hope it doesn’t turn out like LOST either where they set up so much mystery and leave questions unanswered and have to spend the rest of this season playing dot-to-dot without the numbers

• dan says:

He also ruined Smash when he took over in season two. Granted, season one became a mess under the original creator and EP, but he managed to make it worse in season two.

4. Jaz says:

I really wanted a good few scenes of the gang recovering people from the rubble and maybe some scenes of Simon being wrecked from letting go of the trigger and being the monster he always thought he was.

Looks like that might be out of the question. Not to mention a little bit too convenient.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Sounds like more willy nilly to me.

6. Kate says:

I gave up on this show a few episodes back. It’s so disappointing. I love the cast and the concept, but the execution is terrible.

7. ScottJ says:

I don’t watch time jumps. Cliffhangers are annoying enough and refusing to show what happened makes them even worse. Its a rubbish writing technique, almost as bad as “24 hrs earlier” which makes me scream and want to throw things at the screen.

8. Mr. Tran K says:

Already binge watch the first half of Quantico. Can’t wait for the series’ return come March 6th.

9. Chris says:

Ryan Booth is definitely the bomber.

10. Madisan says:

I think it is liam

• Laura says:

Agreed! I’ve always thought this whole thing had something to do with Liam.

• Matt says:

If I remember correctly they showed Caleb going into the bank and getting safety deposit boxes. I think it was done to show he put the bombs into the bank which blew up. I could be wrong though.

11. Phun says:

Not sure if I will like this. I’m already confused as to what is going on with all of the mini twists and turns all over the place. I guess I’ll find out March if I continue to watch or drop it.

• Dawn says:

I feel the same. I have no idea how the blonde found out her sister was a fraud. I have no idea what happened between Alex & the blonde gjrl.. name leaves my mind now. I have never felt like I am missing episodes like I feel now.. I have watched every episode to see if I missed something. . Grrr.

• Isobel Moon says:

Shelby (the blonde girl) found out her sister was a fraud because Caleb helped her do it. Caleb said he knew the “truth” about her (that she was a terrorist and not Shelbys sister) and offered her an escape, and she took it, proving her guilt.
        I don’t think we know what happened between Alex and Shelby yet, the midseason finale (FINALE SPOILER) ended with them at a NYE party and all happy

12. lulu says:

I wish Natalie had been in that building