Pretty Little Liars

Are the Little Liars' Parents Getting Hotter? Did iZombie Do Meta Better Than Supernatural? And More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Downton Abbey, Pretty Little Liars, American Crime and Mom!

Undateable1 | During last week’s East Coast Undateable broadcast, what on Earth did Whitney Cummings actually show Bridgit Mendler to startle her?

2 | If Hawaii Five-0’s Danny is apparently still dating Amber, why didn’t we ever see her with him at Kono’s wedding? And for how long is the SFPD paying for Abby to fly back and forth to observe the Five-0 team?

3 | Has Christian Slater’s Golden Globe win — coupled with Mr. Robot’s acclaim and long-ago renewal — put his “one-and-done” TV track record well behind him? On a different note: Golden Globes Katy PerryAre we sure this was Katy Perry and not Zooey Deschanel?

4 | Can Tom please hurry back to Downton Abbey already?

5 | Madam Secretary viewers: How long do you think Henry’s DIA resignation is going to stick? And were you surprised that the show didn’t somehow save Dmitri?

6 | How relieved are you that The Good Wife‘s Peter lost any hope for winning the presidential nomination, which, hopefully, means the election storyline is over?

7 | Who did meta television better: iZombie‘s “Method Head” or Supernatural‘s “Hollywood Babylon”?

8 | Did all of the Pretty Little Liars‘ parents become more attractive during the five-year time jump? Like, we’re not imagining that, right?

Shadowhunters9 | On Shadowhunters, which is more obvious: Simon’s feelings for Clary, or Clary’s carrot-hued dye job?

10 | Is Fox’s Second Chance bat$#*!-crazy in a way that reminds you of Sleepy Hollow’s own pilot?

11 | Anyone else catch black-ish‘s Tracee Ellis Ross laughing into her hand in the background of one of the kitchen scenes?

12 | Which American Crime lady are you finding more despicable so far: Felicity Huffman’s Headmaster Graham, or Regina King’s Terri Lacroix?

13 | Given the vast number of murders that occurred at American Horror Story’s Hotel Cortez, shouldn’t a helluva lot more ghosts have attended Liz and Iris’ “staff meeting” in the finale?

The Big Bang Theory14 | When did Big Bang Theory‘s Penny and Emily become friendly enough to discuss having movie nights? And would a montage of Sheldon being sick have included Penny singing “Soft Kitty” if it weren’t for a certain pending lawsuit?

15 | Does it worry anyone else that Mom‘s best episodes in Season 3 have focused on Christy and Bonnie’s family, despite the show’s obvious effort to focus more on their AA group? And regardless of his age (64), does Harry Hamlin look old enough to play Sara Rue’s father?

16 | By referencing Drake in the opening scene of Degrassi: Next Class, are we to believe that both the rapper and the character he played on Degrassi exist in the same universe? If they ever met, would Canada simply… implode?

17 | Seriously how much is that car company paying Matthew McConaughey?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Travis says:

5. I don’t know, I kind of have a feeling Dmitri might still be alive.

2. Luis says:

1. Probably exactly what you think she showed her.
    4. Branson was the glue that held “Downton” together.
    6. Please, Please, Please, CBS, now that the Kings are jumping ship, please give us one great half season, and put TGW to bed.
    9. Saw the “Shadowhunters” premiere . . . all I can say is . . . yikes.

3. dan says:

14) I can’t warm up to the Emily character. They just don’t show her enough and her quirks aren’t as endearing as the others. And what was Mayim Bialik doing for the two weeks that these last two episodes were filmed? Having Amy appear by Skype for two episodes tells me that Mayim had a conflict and couldn’t be in the studio for these last two episodes.

4. wrstlgirl says:

#5 I’m wondering if Dimitri is still alive and they just don’t know it yet :-)

5. CAN says:

5. I hope Dmitri is still alive just so he can get in someone’s face.

12. I hated them both so much last year that I was hoping I could like them again, but no, I think I hate them even more now.

6. Marie says:

#7 Love iZombie but nothing beats Supernatural when it comes to the meta episodes. Especially when you know that the notes from the studio that were read out in that ep were real notes they got from the studio and they kill the studio head off ;)

7. MissEllys says:

Are we sure this was Katy Perry and not Zooey Deschanel?
    That was Zooey for sure.

Yep, they all went on a three year spa trip after that whole basement ordeal

The only thing obvious is the lack of chemistry between Jace & Clary

8. Rachel says:

17 – seriously lmao bc I just thought that last night when I saw one. He’s making a butt load that’s why he always has that stupid smirk on his face in the commercial.

9. Marco says:

12. Terry, Dear Lord Terry is probably one of the most obnoxious characters ever made for TV. Why did her husband even marry her?

10. Bill says:

#5 I’m predicting some type of season finale cliffhanger with Dmitri, possibly out for revenge and going after Henry.

11. chrisjroof says:

1. I paused my east coast feed and it was some kind of clown on the phone.

• cej says:

I froze the screen also and thought it looked like Whitney wearing a fake nose that resembled a part of the male anatomy. It WAS startling!

12. Hedy S. says:

12. Regina King’s character Terri is a snobby racist

13. Tom says:

~
    I don’t watch but Felicity Huffman’s character seems pretty horrible based on the promos I have seen
    ~
    ~
    I kinda wondered the same thing. Maybe they’re acting, for the guys’ sake? And not necessarily, but yeah it could quite easily have been the final key to the decision
    ~
    ~
    I mean the show is called Mom for a reason. And all I can say is people think I’m a lot younger than i look, and it was the same for my father, so I’m fine with, given she’s about to turn 37.
    ~
    ~
    Probably. We can’t let it happen
    ~
    17 | Seriously how much is that car company paying Matthew McConaughey?
    ~
    I don’t know, but I’m sure it’s alright aright alright.

Yes I hate myself for that.

14. No answers for any of these. And Criminal Minds is still sadly left off the questions of the week… and it just came back. *headdesk* So… I’ll ask a CM question.

It involves the end, but only like one moment. Should they have added more with Morgan and Reid besides ‘I know’. Like maybe other words, or what does Reid know? (Other than everything a genius knows of course)

It’s been bugging me… they finally touched on a much overlooked friendship/ bromance and I feel there is still something missing. They need more Morgan and Reid stuff this season. And I just want to know if there should have been something else said. I say yes.

• Angela says:

Eh, I dunno, I think that scene played out fine as it was. Reid was simply acknowledging that he knew Morgan loved him, and while it would’ve been sweet to hear Morgan say that out loud, I think the silent, unspoken acknowledgement of how much they care about each other made it more emotional and poignant.
      I loved that scene. It made me get all teary-eyed, of course (and the very ending with Reid at the swing just made me flat out cry), but it was a lovely moment between those two in what was a great episode in general.

• Jane says:

These aren’t too guys that are really into sharing their feelings so for them to hug, something Reid hates, and for Morgan to tell Reid in a guy fashion that he was there for him and loved him was enough for me and actually made it more real to me.

15. Television says:

8. Pretty little liars….who actually cares about the moms? i’m not sure what this latest obsession is with them. but can we note how many drinks these 4 drank, we get it, they are older.
    9. Shadowhunters….her hair is horribly died like a carrot. and the love triangles are so not cool.
    14. big bang theory….i cant stand emily, if she is on i zone out. which this show has not been funny lately. it seems like all they do is bicker and complain and sarcasm. cant they be upbeat and fun again?

16. JosiahBartlet4President says:

The only thing I don’t love about this season of Mom is David Krumholtz playing Violet’s fiance. He and Violet have zero chemistry.

I think the AA group is a great B story. Mimi Kennedy and Octavia Spencer are hilarious.

17. Jason Stein says:

12. I don’t know, I am grinding my teeth whenever their character’s opens their mouths. Nothing good is coming of it. But Regina King’s character was right, get back that $900 bracelet.

18. BillyBobJohnson says:

1. D’Elia’s junk.
    3. Yes. Zooey’s b**bs aren’t that large
    7. iZombie
    10. No! No! No!
    17. WAY too much

19. Lana says:

#6 You just know that there’ll be a plot twist where he ends up back in the race.

20. Marie says:

11. Yep, I caught it!
    15. A little, it is a waste of talent since they are now official cast members.

21. drseltsam says:

1. Hulu cut the frames showing the content on the phone, NBC broadcasted it. On reddit they got it and have the original picture. Very NSFW! I warned you. https://www.reddit.com/r/Undateablelive/comments/4040dh/fyi_bill_lawrence_just_said_that_they_are/cyrc1bb

22. Gwen says:

6. Very relieved! I never liked that storyline except for the fact that it brought us the marvelous Margo Martindale.

23. Meri says:

Extra question…Did they confirm that Herman was ok during the OneChicago crossovers? He seemed fine on this week’s Chicago PD, but because of the State of the Union there was no Chicago Fire…DId I miss him being ok?

24. maregolden says:

Regarding number 6, the Good Wife: Yes! please let the election storylines be over. I hate them! I hope we now get back to the excellent courtroom drama that they used to be so good at. I have a bad feeling that they are not done trying to get Alicia elected to something, though. :(

25. KT says:

16. We can’t have Canada implode! Where will we all flee to when Trump becomes president?
    17. Whatever Lincoln is paying McConaughey is too much. I enjoy those ads just because they are so wacky. They sure don’t make me want a Lincoln.

26. MoshiMoshi says:

7. NOBODY does meta like Supernatural… Loved iZombie’s episode and the little nod Blaine did to Veronica Mars but Supernatural’s meta episodes are the best.

27. Stacy says:

1. I have no idea, but I was squinting at my screen!

2. I don’t know why H50 bothers claiming Danny even has a girlfriend. She hasn’t been onscreen in ages and nobody cares about her, including Danny. The show has done a crummy job integrating their stories.

3. Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel don’t look that much alike, IMHO.

15. Mom has been great. With the exception of Baxter, up until the last couple episodes the show has been focused on FEMALES, dropping most of their male cast. The problem with the AA group is its mostly cheap, tired sitcom laughs. Emily Osment is great as Jodi, however. The family stuff simply plays at a more honest, realistic level.