Exclusive
legion-of-superheroes-dc-tv-series

Will Supergirl or DC's Legends Get a 'Visit' From Legion of Super-Heroes?

One of TV’s DC Comics-based series is due to slip in a nod to the venerable Legion of Super-Heroes — but which of them will it be? Supergirl? Legends of Tomorrow? One of the three others?

Appearing over the weekend at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns shared with reporters after The CW’s Legends panel, “You’ll see a hint of the Legion on one of our shows.”

“Keep watching,” he said, careful not to identify the DC series.

Johns of course wrote the Season 8 Smallville episode that was titled “Legion” and introduced team members Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.

The Legion could very logically get hinted at on CBS’ Supergirl, seeing as both Superboy and Superman have figured into the group’s myriad incarnations. Then again, there’s a time-traveling element to the Legion, which suggests The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow could provide a very organic fit.

Beyond the subtle “hint” to come (whenever and wherever), Johns seemed primed to eventually have some Legionnaires surface in the flesh.

“I love the Legion,” he said. “They’re underused and hopefully we’ll get them out there soon.” (With reporting by Michael Maloney)

1. If i had to guess based on my limited knowledge I say Supergirl will be the show they will appear on. I can’t see them appearing in Legends just yet unless somehow Rip accidentally takes them to the 31st century

2. Jennifer says:

Love the Legion! Has always been my favorite comic book. Would love to see them get their own movie or TV series. Hope it’s more than just a brief mention on one of these DC shows.

3. Well logically it would be both. Rip Hunter is using a time bubble stolen from its inventor Brainiac 5 right? Whereas Brainiac 5 is the love of Supergirl’s life. But with them creating so many unnecessary love interests for her right now the epic Romeo and Juliet of time and space story doesn’t seem to be on the cards. Plus Flash stole the ‘guy from the future goes back in time knowing the hero is doomed to die’ plot.

4. Azerty says:

Didn’t they announce the casting of a teenage Superman? Maybe it is actually Superboy from the Legion?

5. Wordsmith says:

Well, it’s probably not going to be on Gotham…

6. Ceylan says:

If it’s just a hint I’d say more likely they’ll be mentioned by Rip Hunter, but appearance-wise more likely that’ll happen in Supergirl, she did end up joiming Legion in JLU

7. Drew says:

I think it would be cool to see them show up on Supergirl. I’d even be okay with her joining them in the future.
    For Legends of Tomorrow, I would love to see Terry McGinnis show up. Maybe in costume, maybe not. If they could get the rights to do that, maybe it could set up their next spinoff. It would be using Batman, but it should be far enough removed from the movies to make it non-threatening. Gotham does it.

8. Steveo says:

SUPERGIRL and LEGENDS are the more likely choices but don’t count THE FLASH out just yet.

9. ScottJ says:

I’ve never forgiven Supergirl for getting the Legion’s first series cancelled, (she replaced the Legion in Adventure Comics..) so karma would suggest Supergirl. Don’t think it will be though.

10. Scott Bierworth says:

Supergirl makes sense since she was a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes

11. Komper says:

I would mention that it could also be the Justice League. Maybe everyone forgotten that red Tornado was actually one of the members of the Justice League of America.

12. Phillip McCurry says:

I’ve been a Legion fan since the early ’60’s and know they are indelibly ingrained in the Superman family mythos. So saying, it would be more thrilling for me to see the Legion of Super-Heros meet Supergirl and potentially establish her relationship with Brainiac 5.

I feel to appear on Legends would only subordinate them to guest star status and it would seem just an appearance as opposed to an event.

13. Jason says:

SUPERGIRL HERSELF has been a member of the Legion for facades!

14. Dr. M says:

I’m just waiting for them to bust out Booster Gold.

15. Anonymous says:

The Legion could be how they connect the shows together without a crossover between the two networks

16. edyn says:

I saw the trailer from Legends of Tomorrow and I am surprised they get Arthur Darvill to play Rip. Not knowing anything about the character, he does a good job on his own. Going from Rory Pond to Rip Hunter is a big step.

17. Legends of Tomorrow HAS to do an episode with the Legion of Super-Heroes for the most basic reason of all; theirs is the future they are trying to save/create.

18. Joe says: