Exclusive
bethel-hart-aarkin

How to Get Away With Murder Casts Wilson Bethel, Adam Arkin for 'Big' Arc

The rich just keep getting sicker on How to Get Away With Murder — and that’s good news for Annalise Keating.

ABC’s Thursday-night drama has lined up three new clients for Viola Davis’ hard-charging defense attorney — and they’ll be played by Wilson Bethel (Hart of Dixie, The Astronaut Wives Club), Adam Arkin (Chicago Hope, Sons of Anarchy) and Roxanne Hart (Hung).

Bethel has landed the role of Charles Mahoney, the Ivy League-educated son of Arkin’s Wallace (a Warren Buffet type who’s quiet and observant, but knows how to command a room when he chooses) and Hart’s Sylvia (a tough yet distinguished and smart socialite).

The new characters will crop up shortly after HTGAWM returns from its winter break on Feb. 11 (10/9c on ABC) — and there’s a chance they could still be in the mix in an all-but-inevitable Season 3.

“The Mahoney family plays a really big part in a legal case in our last six episodes,” showrunner Pete Nowalk tells TVLine. “They’re very wealthy people. It’s a murder case, and it involves Annalise in a big way.”

While Nowalk is reluctant to offer any further specifics about the Mahoneys, he adds that they’re not connected to any of Annalise’s prior clients or to the people in her inner circle.

What do you think about Bethel, Arkin and Hart joining the #TGIT lineup? Share your feelings in the comments!

1. Hannah says:

I’m so excited for Wilson Bethel.

2. Ian says:

Soooo, the question now is, is who of the cast is getting Wilson for a sex scene partner?
    Can… can it be me?

• Bryan says:

probably Oliver and Connor.

• CK says:

I’m going to be disappointed if that doesn’t happen. I do think they may use him to break up Connor and Oliver though.

• Ian says:

Nah, I doubt he’ll be gay. We wont get that lucky. Im sure Connor will hit on him though.
          Laurel or Michaela most likely.

• ChrisGa says:

Line forms to the right. ;-)

Seriously though, love Connor and Oliver but Wilson and Jack Falahee would MELT television screens.

• Gerri says:

Yes. That would be awesome. I don’t enjoy Conner with Oliver together and would be happy if that ended, but there are too many shippers out there. Hopefully we get some good scandal with Wilson’s character. He was grossly underused on Blood and Oil.

• Temperance says:

Personally, I think they need to snap Connor out of it and get him back to the cocky, conniving, sexy guy he was at the start – even if his relationship with Oliver needs to go. The character is pretty pathetic at the moment – episode after episode of out-of-character freaking out and whining. Ugh. Waste of an actor and (otherwise) interesting character.

• flower says:

Yes what I m thinking connor character was epic in s1 and they ruined it I was hoping he will get more screen time in coming episode but they say these will be about frank and wes 😡😡 I hope jack get out of the show if this contiues

• abz says:

I don’t think that it’s out-of-character freaking out. Connor’s a horrified student that is being sucked into these terrible situation by his crazy teacher and classmates. Murder, dead bodies, lies, stress–all that is enough to make anyone freak out and miserable.

• flower says:

It is not only freaking out he had apanic attack in s1 compare s1 and 2 for connor lines screen time even wardrobe every thing I think it is on purpose somehow I think it is because of viola bc in first episodes connor has all the attention

• dinga says:

Connor was supposed to be the smartest sly heartbreaking if u put him in a relationship that is ok but where are the other qualities of the character this season is a disappointment for connor fans I am almost done with it

• Lolahope says:

Premnant damage really a waste of an actor and interesting character

• dinga says:

Connor I wish and it will be awesome

• flower says:

I hope it is connor I will be disappointed if not

3. Shhhhhh!!!!!!!Yes! Now I will watch How to Get away with Murder! Wilson Bethel!!!!! let’s see Scandal with Scott foley and then HTGAWM! hello Thursday! Mr. Bethel always delivers an exciting character!

• Sheri says:

Couldn’t agree with you more!!! I will turn on HTGAWM and Wilson Bethel…how long can I keep watching HOD reruns?!

4. Trista says:

A Chicago Hope reunion – Arkin and Hart!

5. Joey Padron says:

Happy Wilson Bethel will be back on TV again!

6. dan says:

So they’re introducing another murder mystery? What about the mysteries surrounding the murders of the sorority girl (I’ve already forgotten her name), Sam, Rebecca, the parents of the rich brother and sister (can’t think of their names either) and prosecutor St. Clair? There are so many mysteries swirling on this show that its hard to keep track of the players. Even though the viewers know who killed some of the victims, the characters don’t know everything. Plus we have the mystery of Annaliese’s history with The Puppy and his supposedly dead mother. I enjoy this show, but I may have to start taking notes to keep up with the unresolved mysteries they keep throwing at us.

• Kevin says:

They have already explained the deaths of Sam, Lila, Rebecca, Sinclaire…we know who killed all of them and so do the characters.

The two rich people are still being wrapped up, and the introduction of Wes’s mother’s storyline is coming up. So they’ve given plenty of explanations.

• dan says:

Do they all know who killed Lila? If so, I missed that explanation.

• Temperance says:

Yes, they showed it several times.

• abz says:

No, I believe its only we (the viewers) who know that it was Frank that killed Lila, but the other characters don’t. Same thing with the whole Bonnie killing Rebecca situation. WE know and Annalise knows, but the rest don’t. I think one of those reveals should come to light for the other characters eventually.

7. aph1976 says:

I think this is good casting and i do wonder if the final 6 episodes of this season of HTGAWM will lead up to next season and those 3 new characters could play a part in how the season ends.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Can this show come back like…..NOW!!! I miss those crazy people!

9. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Can this show come back like….NOW! I miss those crazy people!!! LOL.

10. J says:

I’ll take Wilson Bethel anyway I can get him. Can’t wait for his episode.

11. Karen says:

Hey TV Line – why did you leave Roxanne Hart’s name out of the title of this piece? If you could only name two, why not name a man and a woman rather than just the men?

12. Catherine says:

YAY!!!! Mr. Wade Kinsella (aka Wilson Bethel) back on my TV screen! Oh, how I miss my Zade… 😭

13. Marcus says:

I think the son would be a good way to cause a love triangle with Laurel & Frank!

14. pam says:

Fine with me. I liked Hart of Dixie & wish they hadn’t taken it off. It’s better than any of those stupid shows they have now.

15. Henry says:

I have been a huge fan of Wilson Bethel since he started on the soap drama Young and Restless and went on to Hart of Dixie and Astronaut Wives’ club. There is no end to this talented actor’s brilliant character portrayals!