Heroes Reborn Cancelled

Heroes Reborn Not Getting a Season 2

Confirmed: Next week’s Heroes Reborn season finale will be a series finale.

“As far as I know there are no more incarnations of Heroes coming,” NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt told reporters Wednesday at the Television Critics Assoc. winter press tour in Pasadena, adding that it was “always the plan” to do just one season “unless [series creator] Tim [Kring] woke up one day and said, ‘Oh, I have another chapter to tell.’

“I think we’re coming to the end… of the world, maybe,” Greenblatt added with a smirk. “Stay tuned.”

The revival premiered in September to 6.1 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating; it resumed its season on Jan. 7 with 3.7 mil and a 1.0.

Heroes Reborn‘s climax airs Thursday, Jan. 21 at 8/7c.

1. Television says:

This show sucked so bad. It was way worse than the later season of the original. Basically this was like an exact copy of the original but with worse actors. For me, I can’t believe they made the horned rimmed glasses guy such a big part. He is a terrible actor. And way too depressing watching that married couple kill off people on the list. And the dumb video game stuff.

• Min says:

HRG was the best part, I think it sucked that they had to kill off Claire because the actress was doing another show. They could have just focused on NEW characters. It was just a mess. Thank god its cancelled again. I didnt think they were planning on a second season anyway since it was presented as a limited run show anyway.

• french5851 says:

If they had fit the entire season up til Claire’s death and introduced the twins in the Pilot, then focused on going somewhere new and exciting, THEN the show may have had a chance….. too slow, too predictable.

• doom says:

Wasn’t cancelled. From the start it was a one time season. They even advertised it as such.

• roger says:

I have no problem with it being only one season,but if that was the plan,why did it end & say to be continued and why didn’t they wrap the story up

• Mo says:

Agreed. How in the world do you make a cliffhanger for a series finale? Only way out of Kring not receiving hate mail (not literally) for that move is to announce that there is graphic novel or something to finish.

• Ali says:

I 100% agree I don’t care for the way they ended it if they’re not gonna make a second season

• godfather of movies says:

You’ve GOT to be kidding me! Even my Sci-fi wiz kid 12 year old loved it! I’ve absolutely loved the return, never watched the last season of the original because it got so weird so I was pleasantly surprised to see this incredible return. I guess “to each his own”. I wish it was coming back for a season 2.

• Master of time & space says:

My thoughts exactly! It was a good story fit in excellent with the rest of the stories. Well done!

• Nick says:

Same here I just recently started watching the original heroes and now I hear people say this show sucks. For me I like the show no complaints and yes I wish they would make a season 2

• Ernikka Johnson says:

So do I. I watched all the old episodes recently and fell in love with it… They need to keep this show on tv, one of the last good shows left..

• LanGr032 says:

AGREED!!! I have watched all of the old episodes and I loved this series! There needs to be a season two.

• I agree, I cannot believe how stingy people are about TV. Some people are able to find the faults in any show, and that’s all they care about.

• WishILivedInHereosVerse says:

And somehow we can allow sh** like the Kardashions and all rest of reality tv too endlessly go on with no complaints, yet a show that literally held me at the edge of my seat, only re-boots for one season, and people say it sucks.

• Hereos Fan says:

I HATE those Dammm Kardashians…. wish someone would end them already. What a waste of everyone’s time. .. yet people who watch them are probably the same jerks that criticize good shows like Hereos. Then bastards.

• Joe says:

Yea. The world of consumerism is evil and naive. Heroes was a show that inspired good in me. Nothing is worth more than that.
            Meanwhile we are stIll making DUCK DYNASTY!!!! You are all scum. Please die!

• Jake Amberson says:

Joe….

“the world of consumerism” is “evil”?

The same world you consume from? What are you, still in high school with your anarchy symbol?

• Heroes Fan says:

I totally agree. … they think that because they can dissect an episode and have strong opinions that they can actually CREATE a series with awesome writing and great storylines that most of America will like. . They’re delusional….. 99% off them wouldn’t have the faintest clue of what it takes. .. yet they’re so rude and anally critical of others who are actually doing a good job of putting such creations together. That’s why they are some anonymous unliked voice that no one pays attention to and not a well known director/producer whose won millions with the chances they take on telling us such great stories.

• Joe says:

I loved it wish it could last for 10 seasons.

• LanGr032 says:

Joe, you are completely right!!! Ten season please!!!

• Cris says:

At least ten seasons would have sufficed! I’m so disappointed. I absolutely adored this show! Of course it had faults, and killing if Claire was one of them, but the creativity and the comic like feel to it all was unique and better than most series on the market with this sort of genre.

• Same here I absolutely loved this one! I think the last season became weird because of the big writer strike that was going on at that time. The only thing I’m mad about is the fact thatcher made it a cliff hanger knowing full well that they only intended todo one season.

• twinghost27 says:

it was just horrible though xD

• susan says:

I love this show and would love to see more episodes. I recently wanted the original Heroes with my 8 yr old, my 10 yr old and my 12 yr old and they were glued to the show so much so that we watches all of heroes reborn and it ended lik there was going to be more. I think it’s a great show and should have more seasons.

• boutmine194 says:

I agree with you whole heartedly. I dont know whats wrong with you nay-sayers. I loved heroes reborn. And wish there was more to come. Although i did absolutely miss claire(my longtime crush hayden panitierre). It made me go back and rewatch the entire original series. Sylar was the shiznits!!!

• Heroes4Life says:

8====D

• Tisha says:

I loved always a negative Nancy

• Devin says:

Though there were many similarities, the show had great build up and wrapped up fairly well. I don’t think you really appreciated the show as a fan would. Also, the “Horned Rimmed Glasses Guy” is named Noah, which, if you had ACTUALLY watched the show you would’ve known.

2. This sucks. I was hoping for more seasons. I even asked Kring about it through CBR.

“Michael S. asks: “Is this a one-and-done revival, or is there a real chance of having more seasons after this one?”

This is a one and done for this particular story. I have always seen the “Heroes” universe as being elastic enough to create new characters and new stories. After all, the world will always need saving, and with our premise, there are always people waking up to the discovery of their unique abilities.”

• tvjunkie says:

Supergirl has been way better than this Heroes Reborn garbage. Kring learned absolutely nothing from his numerous mistakes with the original series. Instead he chose to repeat most of them.

• Supergirl is a pile of excrement that panders to fanboy nostalgia for the past, particularly the Donner Superman movie. It’s because of that fan service that fanboys who hate anything that contradicts those type of movies and the comics that inspired them think that they are “better”.

Supergirl is an unoriginal turd that steals its characters and plots from comics that have absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with the story of Supergirl as depicted in the comics she’s starred in. Those same fanboys have taken on the position that since she’s spun off from Superman then it’s acceptable for her to steal characters and plots originally conceived FOR the Superman comics — it’s not, and they’re wrong for thinking it is.

It is a clear rule of storytelling that protagonists must have their OWN supporting cast, their OWN foes, and their OWN world to exist in.

Case in point, let’s look at Highlander The Series as an example.

This was a show spun from two Highlander movies starring Lambert as Connor McLeod that focused on Duncan McLeod as portrayed by Adrian Paul.

Duncan’s supporting cast was not composed of rehashed of characters from the movies, he had his OWN supporting characters, and the foes he fought were not rehashes of characters Connor fought in the movies, he had his OWN foes. And he didn’t live in the same world Connor lived in, he lived in his OWN world.

Though connected to Connor, Duncan, was a unique individual, unlike Kara, who is a rip off of and knock off of Superman.

• Similarly, Highlander The Raven, a spin off of Highlander The Series, featured an entirely new character that, while connected to Duncan, was unique, not a rehash. She lived in her own world, had her own supporting cast, and had her own foes.

The Lone Gunmen, a spin off of The X-Files, introduced new characters, both allies and foes, and new settings, unconnected to Mulder and Scully which purpose was to tell the story of the TLG.

That’s how spin offs work. They’re related to one concept, but they don’t replicate it. They’re not carbon copies of it.

Supergirl is.

• One just has to look at the multiple Law & Order and Chicago Fire spin offs to understand how spin offs work. There may be connections, characters who jump from one to the other, but at their core they focus on their own individual worlds (a firehouse, a police precinct, a hospital, and soon a law firm or city hall, depending on what type of lawyers Chicago Law will focus on).

Supergirl has none of those things. Every character in it, ally and foe alike, has been lifted from the Superman comics.

• Brandon Garner says:

Calm down…its just a show not a way of life. If you enjoy the super power show which I can tell you do. Then to try and compare and break it down just kills the chance of you getting into the next one or a new spin off. Just don’t over think it and watch it. I see you kept up with it.

• tvjunkie says:

And yet Supergirl is still better then Heroes Reborn

• No, it’s not. The fanboys think it’s better because it panders to their outdated nostalgia for crap.

Supergirl is derivative and unoriginal, having turned Supergirl into a knock off of Clark Kent, but the devotion the fanboys have to that crap blinds them and robs them of any objectivity.

• Mark says:

Lol, so true tvjunkie. This Michael Sacal guy beats the “fanboy” drum so hard and tries SOOOO very hard to slag another show, not realizing that he’s coming off as nothing but a Heroes Reborn fanboy. The original Heroes was very good – even when the writing went into the tank. Heroes Reborn has been awful from episode 1.

• The shows are TOTALLY different concepts tvjunkie there is really no comparison. I like super girl but it’s definitely not better.

• boutmine194 says:

You people are just retards. I agree with Michael supergirl is crap the effects alone arent worthy of this day and age. I gave it a chance but its just garbage for example on one of the first episodes super girl is fighting this monster thing that turns out to be a girl and cant take her out yet she does this like drop from maybe ten feet off the groundand knocks the monster out but the ground doesnt crack or anything. So a weak ten foot drop can knock out the monster but not a punch from super girl who’s suppose to be like superman so whack. Id rather flush my time down the toilet, but back to the main point heroes is great and question what brought u nay-sayers to this page anyway. Obviously u wanted more heroes too. Douches!

• Cynthia says:

This may come as a surprise to you if you’ve never read a comic book but a lot of heroes share villains and they actually work together quite often. At one point they are even in a league. In fact, shocking as it may be, kalel and kara are actually cousins! :-0 So yes there are similarities, obviously.

• Their being cousins does not mean that her story is allowed to steal from his. She-Hulk and Hulk are cousins and SHE has her OWN villains, her OWN allies, her OWN plots. She doesn’t steal from HIS rogues gallery, from HIS supporting cast, and from HIS comics.

• Before you use the tired, unoriginal, and ignorant remark about them being cousins, you should expand that notion to OTHER comic books, such as Hulk and She-Hulk, to see how it is that characters who are related are actually conceived and executed in terms of their own particular narratives. It will help you realize what a waste of ink and paper Kara Zor-El is.

• LanGr032 says:

Supergirl is AMAZING! For me, there is no better or worse for Heroes Reborn or Supergirl. They are both incredible in their own way.

• Dude, the Supergirl TV show CBS is producing has much as in common with the source material it’s supposedly based on as Star Trek has with the Playboy channel. This show you like so much has been altered to resemble an entirely different character, Superman. In the original Supergirl comic books, Kara’s secret identity was Linda Danvers, not Kara Danvers, and she was not a bespectacled personal assistant to Cat Grant, she was a student like the one seen in Supergirl the Movie. She was not sent to Earth from Krypton on a spaceship at the same time as her cousin Kal, she escaped from Argo City years after Krypton’s destruction. After Superman found her, she spent years hiding in an orphanage, only coming out sporadically to help Superman as his secret weapon. The show you like is based on a run of the comic books in which the author basically just gave up trying to make Supergirl her own unique character and instead he just copied Superman, though in that version her secret identity was Linda Lang and she was pretending to be Lana’s cousin. The point is that you will never really know if what you like about the show is in any way related to the actual Supergirl comic books or if what you like from it is what’s been taken from the Superman comic books.

• EToo Lit says:

Super girl is straight GARBAGE. yes the show qas a bit predictable but at the same time offered necessary excitement mystery. Its like reliving the Hey Arnold days when u thought he was gonna find his parents but the show got cancelled hat episode

• joe says:

Eww did you really just say supergirl? Lol.

• Eric says:

I tried to watch Supergirl and the girl that plays Supergirl not the greatest acting, I was bored with the episode I watched. As far as the Heroes I was kept entertained, and I thought all the actors were good.

3. Jay says:

Given that there was only one good episode in a sea of awful episodes, that’s not too surprising. It’s week 12 and I still have to look up who someone is when I read the preview blurb on my DVR.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

This is another sad moment for NBC’s Heroes. Looks like it may have the same situation when 24 came back in the Summer of 2014 with Live Another Day.

5. Drew says:

The revival could have been great, but they blew it. They put no thought into the story or the characters. It was as meandering and pointless as the original. There were so many better shows that they could have brought back. I just hope that this experience doesn’t turn them off of bringing back shows for a short run. Chuck would be great.

• Ben says:

Oh my, a short run of Chuck.

Don’t even kid about that. It would be amazing.

• tvjunkie says:

Yeah as I said in reply to someone else, Kring learn absolutely nothing from his mistakes with the original series that made the last few seasons so bad.

• AnnieM says:

“Meandering” is the perfect description for ‘Heroes Reborn’. I wanted to like it – I really did; hubby & I watched all of the original series to the bitter end. The only interesting part of the new series for us has been Tommy (Nathan)’s story; the rest was just Zzzzzzzzzzzz… Worst has been the wife of Zachary Levi’s character – yeah, I’m sure her dead little boy would be really proud of his mom going all bloodthirsty psycho-killer…*sheesh*.

• Turnah says:

“They put no thought into the story or the characters”

I literally screamed “WHAT??” when I read that. How ignorant can you be? Certainly you were just too angry to actually make any sense in your comment. Like, seriously? No thought whatsoever? How ignorant can you be? There were so many great new characters here… I can’t even begin to rationalize with you. This season was incredible.

6. antony says:

Wasn’t it always supposed to be a mini series?

7. Maryann says:

Very, very disappointed. I absolutely love Heroes Reborn. It is one of my favorite shows of the season, and far better than the original.

• The Watcher says:

Really? I don’t agree.

• CHRIS says:

Wow I hope you are joking. This reboot is terrible!

• Randi says:

I agree, I loved the original Heroes and love this one! Most people complain that this show was hard to follow or confusing due to multiple plot lines, but if you pay attention it is all actually very well meshed together. I guess people are just used to crap reality TV that requires no thought at all. Sad.

8. aph1976 says:

I think NBC is taking the creator of Heroes Reborn Tim Kring’s word that this was just going to be a one time miniseries.So even though NBC may or may not want another season of the show they may know it’s not their decision to make.So they now have thrown the ball in Tim Kring’s court in a way because now it’s his decision to make and not theirs.

9. steven says:

Please don’t end on a cliffhanger.

10. Luis says:

I want the whole series to be Hayden Panettiere’s dream

11. DavidJ says:

They really should have just made a clean reboot, and started at the beginning in a world with people just discovering their powers. So we could get actually, you know, get emotionally invested in their journey like in the original.

Instead of picking up from where they left off, with a story no one cared about anymore and a completely unrecognizable world full of superpowered X-Men rejects running around everywhere.

12. Azerty says:

I will watch the last couple episodes but to be honest they lost me when they started to kill one by one the characters from the original show. Besides the storyline is basically a mix from season 1 and 2 with a baddie way less interesting than Sylar and Adam Monroe.

13. Jenna says:

I had been happy about the rebirth of the original series when I’d heard about it and looking forward to the show, but from the start it was nothing but disappointing. Basically, they left out all the stuff that made the original show awesome in the beginning and kept all the stuff that ruined it in the end. I’m sad for the actors who deserved better characters and a better script…. God, the script sucked so bad. I’m glad it’s over.

14. Shaun says:

As soon as I heard Kring was running it again I feared someone close by would get hurt by my raging.Worst decision ever to rehire that hack!

15. Barry says:

Jack Coleman will always be Senator Bracken in my mind’s eye. I wish him nothing but the worst and a big giant boil on his butt that won’t go away. :-)

16. Fernanda says:

thank god i never watch this revival… I don’t trust in Tim Kring (the creator) anymore after his epic fail on the original series last seasons

17. Ginger Snap says:

It should never have gotten a first season.

18. Sarah9 says:

Question: Is it just me or are the comments in the pages suddenly bigger? And the photos much smaller? Don’t know if anyone is having that problem too..

19. Ray says:

Ha. At least I learned my lesson from the first series and will never tune into another Tim Kring headed show again. Same goes for anything fronted or co-produced by M. Night Shyamalan.

20. MZ says:

I didn’t possibly think that reborn would be as bad as the first. It was even worse. I lost interest once the asian kid screamed “Leroy Jenkins” and became a video game

21. There shouldn’t have been a season 1

22. Joanne says:

The show had lots of problems, but its biggest was wasting Zachary Levi in a role that made absolutely no sense.

23. Chris Leonardi says:

Think that quote is wrong. Should probably read
    “always the plan” to do just one season,unless it was successful, then it would have always been the plan to renew it if it was successful.’

24. Katie says:

They didn’t even try. It sucked.

25. AngelWasHere says:

Thank goodness. Now I only have one episode left to hate watch.

26. AngelWasHere says:

TBH tho I wanted this show to work as I loved the beginnings of the original. Unfortunately they didn’t learn from their mistakes. All the jumping around with no real answers, the lame plot with Claire’s twins, the lame new characters, and the pointlessness of it all was painful to watch.

27. SherryB says:

Thank goodness! It was horrible..Should have left it cancelled the first time..

28. edlow says:

I am bummed. Even though this was slow, it was a show I could watch with my pre teen kids. No major cussing, no major sex scenes. No nudity. We could all sit around as a family. Boo

29. retsim says:

Just hope they wrap it up in a decent way .No more cliffhangers, or what happens next.

30. partisan says:

Didn’t need precognition to see that one coming.

31. Tash says:

Geez Louise; I’m happy it came and it went. Don’t get why people bother lamenting. It’s TV, not your life & yes, crazy predictable but again it’s TV. If you’ve been watching it for as long as you have aged then by now you should know you can predict this stuff. Sooo naturally I hope the bad guys win just as the twins think they’ve saved us (them) all :)

32. Hero says:

Heroes reborn is a good show .don’t cancel’ I like it if it is cancelled please finish the story don’t leave it on nothing please .

33. Kiaya says:

I was hoping there would be more I was obsessed with heroes and so excited when I heard about heroes reborn I wish it would keep on.

34. BillyBobJohnson says:

Mr. Kring needs to come up with better ideas.

35. Kasondra says:

I thought the show was cool and it was something different. The video game guy was a little bit off on his acting, he could’ve been better. I think for the most part the actors were believable and played there roles well.

36. barbaramorningstar says:

I actually enjoyed this reboot. It was so much fun to see our original “heroes”, except for evil Matt Parkman, of course. Granted, it could have been better, but it was still lots of fun for those of us that liked the original series. The only thing that could have made it better is Sylar as one of the baddies. I would have loved to see Sylar get ticked off and turn against Erica Kravid and her evil henchmen and henchwomen. Now that would have been fun. Of course, Zachary Levi is a welcome addition to any project. I’m really sorry there won’t be another season.

37. RODNEY says:

Not only did the show writers make the same mistakes that show Heroes made, these writers made all new mistakes. A live action show cannot survive on the premise of people with powers get killed or rounded up like cattle by people without any powers at all. And none of the people with powers stand up for themselves and defend themselves from being killed or rounded up. That was the original show’s doom and it is Heroes Reborn doom as well

• boutmine194 says:

Ok if u had paid attention the normal people had their secret weopons like the Haitian & Phoebe who stopped the people with powers from using them. It all made sense to me but hey im not an idiot so.

38. Brittany says:

I really hope they do a season2 heroes reborn was amazing I will be so upset if they don’t do season2 i love this show

39. This show was GReat! The actors and actresses were GReat as well. If you wanna cancel a show, cancel better call saul or some trash like that. Heroes Reborn is a great show and I don’t know wth they are thinking getting rid of something with so much possible potential. If you don’t like this show, it’s probably because you are looking for something easier to understand lol. Stupid people need stupid shows to follow, this was for the smart guys and gals. Loved the show.

40. Angel says:

I loved the show and wish they could continue with it. Maybe they should continue with something else like it. All and all it was a great show to me. Nothing negative, just positivity.

41. Nicole says:

actually sad to hear this is the only season being that i just binge-watched this for 3 days straight. became a big hereos fan when my dad introduced me to the show some years ago & was super excited to hear it coming back out again. always wondered if it would be based around the same characters or not but i’m actually pretty pleased with it. have to say it actually has me on the edge of my seat & rewinding to see certain parts again! but who knows what the future holds :)

42. Khadija says:

I like the show it’s different I think they should think about doing another season….and forget about the negative comments people have… their will always be negative I don’t see none of them people trying to show they think they can do a better job at creating a show and attracting viewers

43. Doesn’t surprise me this show is horrible. The plot is weak, and it just drags on and on with no excitement what so ever. The highlight was Hiro coming back that was it.

44. jackie says:

This is rediculous. I love this show and it’s one of the few decent shows on network. I guess it didn’t have enough sex..pick it up on AMC or scyfy

45. Lorenzo says:

I know many people don’t like this show but I really do and I just saw the finale and I’m really sad it’s over because I really want to know who the father is and what happened next

46. Hunter says:

I can’t believe they’re canceling it again! This show is awesome and def should have a season two. I really do hope they reconsider.

47. Jerry H. says:

Loved the original and I loved every minute of the new show and hopefully they will do a second season. Maybe in season 2 you can bring back Nathan and Peter with flashbacks of Claire’s story telling us who the father of the twins is. So many more stories to tell can’t wait for the next season.

48. Lorie says:

I didn’t love Reborn, but I didn’t hate it either. When all is said and done, I’d rather see another season of this than mindless reality shows that take up so much of network tv time.

49. Bryce says:

If you saw the end of the last episode it has a cliff hanger on information about the twins father, and it says end of volume. So I think there will be a season 2

• MylzCarlos says:

Maybe not a Season 2 but a new Series like Heroes Gemini as ‘Gemini’ was on the card given to Malina and Tommy as well as that is what the game is called that was made for Heroes