Person of Interest Premiere Date

Person of Interest Will Air This Spring, CBS Boss Promises

“We will air Person of Interest this spring,” new CBS president Glenn Geller promised on Tuesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, fending off the suggestion that the drama might be saved for the off-season. “It won’t be held for the summer.”

For your reference, the final day of spring is Sunday, June 19.

As for the million-dollar question, Geller would not confirm talk — most recently from series EP J.J. Abrams — that the 13-episode Season 5 will be the show’s farewell run.

“We haven’t aired the show yet, and I’m not sure,” he said. “I think [the Season 5 finale] can function as both a season and series finale. The fans will be very satisfied. [Showrunners] Greg [Plageman] and Jonah [Nolan] have made a very compelling arc — big, big surprises this season.”

Want scoop on POI, or for any other show? Email and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Katy says:

I’m so confused by CBS they talk about Mike and Molly being cancelled, the Good Wife possibly being cancelled or going on without its showrunners but are mum on anything POI do they not want hate mail or have they just not decided?

• Dysturbed says:

Since it will start in the spring, the show will likely also air some summer episodes. If those episodes are considered to do well based on summer standards, perhaps they’ll decide to renew. That’s my hope.

• Leslie Jaime says:

It’s only a 12-13 episode season, there’s no way it will run into the summer. Even if they don’t start airing episodes until mid February it will easily wrap by May.

• Tony says:

March 20th is the first day of spring. What makes you think that it might start by mid feb or wont run into the summer if it were to start in May or June?

• Kelsey and Andrew says:

I hope they keep person of interest Airing. All they have to do is advertise it sell it to TNT or USA popularity would jump nobody watches local channels anymore except for football or basketball either way should not end the series with just five series it is way better then most shows these days!!!

• Steve Clack says:

Me too, I like POI maybe there is a light at the end of this network tunnel.
        And that light would be continuation of this great series.

• GRZ says:

The fact is POI is the best show CBS has on TV. They ruined it by moving it around so much. Who wants to watch NCIS until Gibbs is in a wheel chair. That show was just a rip off of JAG and not even as good. POI is too smart and original and current for the executives to get it. Maybe the new President of the station is smarter. No other TV show on air is even remotel
      Iike it. Could Hawaii Five O be any dumber

• PatriciaLee says:

Both questions, and the answers are no .

2. Thomas says:

Ok, so how about a f. date? A trailer? A teaser? Promotional pictures? A crumb?

3. Dean says:

My sympathies to the viewers. At least they’re giving it closure not many shows that have lasted 5 years can say that.

• Joseph says:

Very true, sir. The greatest television series, never to mature, in my opinion, was also a 5 season run. With both having a very similar base plot, it does leave us to wonder. #Leverage

4. David4 says:

It will air Saturday June 18th at 10pm. That’s still spring.

• Olive says:

So they ARE waiting until AFTER May sweeps :( When CBS doesn’t air a show during a ratings sweeps it means they are done with it and don’t want to be confused by good numbers (it didn’t air in November sweeps either.) However it will air in the often ignored July sweeps (summer means fewer viewers since people are outside). I am so disappointed.

• Ethel says:

What channel will it be on. I watch all of the repeats. I hot season 1 and found maybe 3 I haven’t seen. It’s a great show.

• Laura says:

The show airs on CBS. All 4 season seasons are on Netflix now.

• B. Harris says:

you can buy on itunes, whole seasons we just finished 71 hours. FABULOUS!!

• Salvatore Patanio says:

POI is, or was ? the best show on TV since LOST!!! Now that JJ Abrams has finised his Big movie, doing more Person of Interest stories should be a piece of cake . Look at all the material the Government and Apple are providing you for free!!

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if POI gets placed in the 10 pm Thursday night time slot and have Rush Hour getting canceled.

6. No we will not be satisfied if you cancel it!

• AHW says:

You said it, Sharon! How dare they assume loyal fans will be “satisfied” with a series finale! Some of these other shows CBS has introduced seem putrid, while POI’s quality was still high. I still ranked that show as non-stop edge of my seat. CBS still has most of my favorite dramas, but they are starting to annoy me with all this schedule-busting.

7. Joseph Coleman says:

5 – 6 years is a good run. I’m not happy that it’s reaching the end of the line l don’t know if the show lost a little bit or if I just lost some focus on it but if they wrap it up with a great final season it’s not the end of the world for me l got many seasons of really great entertainment

8. R says:

Looking forward to them finally airing the season, but I’ve accepted that Season 5 will be the last. They wrote themselves into a corner the moment they introduced Samaritan. They made Samaritan the “big bad” of the series and when (if) they defeat it, they can’t go back to a show about saving people. They either have to drag this story on or they have to wrap this story (and the series) up. I hope the finale is great.

• jack says:

How did they write themselves into a corner? The over arching story of samaratin, CONTROL, The gangs, the CIA, and HR gives it such substance. Instead of being just another cop/save the day show.

• Eric says:

They wrote themselves into a corner with Samaritan because there’s not a whole lot of threats they could do should the show continue after Season 5 that would feel right. I still think there should have been another arc between the HR and Samaritan arcs that would have felt like a more gradual transition instead of a drastic change in storylines and tone.

• Dayaan says:

They could introduce a foreign version of Samaritan — it’s what would happen in the real world. Samaritan was crushing the people who could have created another AI to rival it. If the Machine crushes Samaritan, then a foreign rival could surface. China or India or Russia would be the best bet.

• Donnie Frein says:

So they beat Samaritan and then have to fight another Samaritan. That’s piss poor writing at it’s finest. You can’t defeat one enemy just to repeat the exact same threat, no matter what nationality you put behind it.

• B. Harris says:

and losing Carter should have been our warning. Darn the networks. POI was/is THE BEST!

• Kid says:

The writers threw themselves into a corner when they tried to get more homosexual viewers with the random Shaw/Root, when the reason why most people watched this show was because of the friendship between Reese and Finch. Carter and Fusco too but Carter is gone now… but trying to get more views by replacing a relationship so deep with some random garbage/rushed relationship was really foolish. Having Root crush on Shaw was no surprise, but having Shaw return those feelings was so random I had whiplash during that gross kiss scene. It’s not like Shaw at ALL, and I thought she was in to men. She showed no interest in women. So yeah… character writing fail much?
      I still loved the show and wished that Root died so that the machine could build its relationship with Finch but the writers like Root too much for some reason and STILL we don’t get to see a Finch and Machine conversation till the end of season 4. What the bonkers??!
      Samaritan was great, but only having 13 episodes to wrap up this story? I don’t think I’ll be satisfied at the end of this season. Maybe if it was 23 episodes… but 13? I dunno… Here’s hoping it ends perfectly somehow or gets renewed for a 6th season.

• Cynthia Pummill says:

Gays are quite happy with normal heterosexual relationships Broke tried to getmleosi drinkers. Didn’t work. Dont fix that is not broken

• Peter says:

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks that. Season 4 is where it went down hill and shed it’s viewers by trying to shove this LBTQ trash down our throats. The show was never about that, and now it seems Season 5 is going to have that even more.

9. BrightLight says:

Who wants to bet they pick May as it will still technically be spring and the majority of the 2015-16 shows will be over by them?

• johnhelvete says:

I would guess that is 99% likely to happen. CBS will probably end Madam Secretary or The Good Wife (or both) a week or two before most of their other shows, and POI will premiere on Sunday in early May.

• Olive says:

May is a ratings sweeps period. February, May, July, November. November is one of the most important for ad selling; May is second, February is third and July is the least since people watch less TV in the summer months. So if they DO air it in May during even one of the 4 weeks of May sweeps, we “might” have a little hope of its continuation.

10. jennifer says:

At this point I will not be surprised if they air 1, maybe 2 episodes against a big event, declare the ratings are bad and throw the remaining episodes on their website. I will be very pleasantly surprised to actually watch the entire season on CBS.

• Jann Walker says:

That’s what happened last year. Big finale on Cinco de Mayo, and wondering why the ratings were poor. It’s a smart, awesome show. Two Broke Girls…trashy, Angel from Hell…no kidding. Insulting and embarrassing. Hoping for continued POI, something worth watching.

• lashadz says:

I so agree. The best show ever! If launched to Netflix — I’m there!. I have been a fan of POI since the beginning and hoping for more years to come.

• They can take their sit-coms , and sit on them. There is nothing comical about them . POI is one of the best shows on CBS. It’s interesting, exciting , and makes you think, much like Elementary. No loud childish stupidity, and canned laughter!

11. kirads09 says:

It better air. If it IS going to be cancelled, just annouce it and allow the show to go out properly with a suitable ending. Anything less is a slap in the face to the incredible cast and devoted fans.

12. jack says:

I hope it gets 7 seasons. Producers said that’s what they had in mind when they started.

• Amy says:

I would love to see it get more than 7 seasons. Person of Interest is my favourite show, and it deserves to have many more seasons. Especially when one compares it to a lot of the drivel currently on TV!

• Ben says:

If it is not working on mainstream television why not get it touch with netflix and ask them to work on it and distribute it. So many series are killing it on Netflix including Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones. Just launch it straight to netflix.

• talkback says:

Flash is a CW show…

• Andy says:

It was a top 15 show each year until last year when CBS decided to hijack their own ratings by moving it around to different days and time slots. If they would bring it back to a normal slot it will take off again.

• Loyal POI Fan says:

I agree! This my favorite favorite favorite show!

13. I believe it when I see it

14. jack says:

Nobody does mystery as good as this show. Except #Htgawm even they aren’t this good. Please don’t cancel

15. Nancy says:

Let’s face it, the decision to cancel POI has already been made regardless when/if it airs. Such a shame. Same thing happened to Rookie Blue. Hopefully POI has a fitting finale like Rookie Blue at least got. Two of my favorite shows, gone.

16. hokiepokster92 says:

Unbelievable how this show is getting the “Ugly step-child” treatment from CBS. WTF?

17. Brian says:

Has anyone noticed that the main character on Limitless is named Brian FINCH? It’s bugging the hell out of me wondering if he’s related to Harold. There was an episode early this season that showed Brian’s family tree and one looked identical to Harold. Same network…… Could a surprise crossover possibly be in the works? The storylines could easily be connected. Thoughts?

18. Bill says:

It will air in spring….. Right after Rush Hour fails spectacularly. CBS just doesn’t want to admit it yet

19. Chloe says:

No, don’t air the show that just won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Crime Drama.

Netflix, can you help us POI fans out?

20. Lou Johnson says:

Finally YES YES YES

21. Thomas says:

POI the very best show on television. The 1st 2nd and 3rd seasons were the best, they lost touch with some sort of reality, middle of 3 and season 4 if there ever was a reality….. It should have been on 9:00 Eastern Time.

• Gina says:

I felt the same way. Just like with Prison Break. At a certain point it stopped making sense. And fit the record I don’t like Dominic’s character nor his crew. Smh

22. mcracer16 says:

They could bring Carter out of her “coma” that finch has been secretly financing. Reunite Reese with an unexpected tearful reunion of carter in a surprise meeting. Get Elias back into the picture as well. With carter and reese saving Elias.

23. dawn leavesley says:

I love this show and I don’t say that very often. Please don’t cancel POI!!! I do wish Reese would talk normally sometimes though- that raspy whispering gets old.

• Gina says:

Exactly, I said the same thing last night while watching it on Netflix! I have to strain my ears to hear him!

• arothman2014 says:

I watch with subtitles running to catch what he says. It also helps me scoop up more details with Harold’s intelligent rambling. ;)

• Jamous says:

Jim Caviezel is not a loud speaker anyway. This is basically his normal voice. He speaks the same way in all of the movies he’s been in too.

24. Bradley says:

I love thisshpw

25. Terri Bates says:

26. SavhCaro says:

Looks like Geller was ask multiple times by the different entertainment reporters about the future of POI. He never committed to giving a hard answer…..skirted all over the place about it. But looks like, and I could be overly optimistic, that he finally got tired of being pushed about it and said it would air in the spring. Course we don’t have a DATE for the S5 premier….and Spring can go from March thru May……so I’ll believe it when I see it.
    CBS holds all the cards about the future of POI. It just WON the Favorite Crime Drama at People’s Choice Awards! But CBS chose not to air that particular award. Instead it announced quite a few nonsense awards for people most of us don’t know. Had to find out that POI won by going to the PCA website. DAMN SHAME! Then got one pitiful tweet & one small blurb on their website. THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN! POI is our FAVORITE SHOW! WE ARE RELEVANT! Give us our Season 5! #personofinterest

• trigger217 says:

YES I Agree!Stop with the jerking Us FANS AROUND ALREADY!AT LEAST Give US FANS A DATE!WE ARE TRIED OF THE RERUNS-And Soon I Won’t CARE JUST LIKE CBS! Talk the Talk NOW Walk the Walk!dam it

27. Barbara Smith says:

My husband and I have watched the show since the beginning loved it till it got crazy with the dumb computer fighting. It used to be about them saving lives and had good stories to it. It probably would still be a hit if the writer hadn’t ruined it with this last yr. it has been terrible to say the least .way to ruin a good show people.

28. Barbara Smith says:

The writers have ruined this show with the unbelievable story every week.It started out 2 men helping people and now just ends in computers fighting .keep the show just get new writer and go back to the original story line.

29. Lgrim says:

Oh I love Person of Interest! I wish it would not end. It is the most interesting, intriguing show and captures my attention to the utmost. I love watching such intelligent characters overcome evil. Please continue the series.

30. Tim says:

Fantastic show. Agree with others that the last season got too off track with Samaritan. Hope they finish Samaritan off and get back to what made the show the best of the best.

31. Viveca says:

I can’t believe they are thinking of taking Person of Interest of the air. I don’t what these network people use for a brain.

32. Steve White says:

For all of the talk of POI being divided into 4 distinct eras as the perfect era of Seasons 1 and 2, the perceived change of direction in Season 3 with the death of Carter (don’t forget HR was brought down by Finch and crew in Season 3), Season 4 versus Greer and Samaritan AI, and now the upcoming Season 5 (remember the 100th POI episode party celebration occurred in January, 2016 which was after the completion of Episode 10, Season 5 meaning that 3 episodes still need to be shot).

POI has always been a serialized TV show format with Finch always never satisfied if AI can properly be controlled and that The Machine can never be guaranteed to function properly up to Finch’s high moral standards or kept from being misused by others.

Remember that in Season 1 Root became a regular recurring character.

Remember that Greer of Samaratan fame became a recurring character as the center of 3 episodes in Season 2 establishing himself by the end of Season 2 as the toughest and most formidable foe for Finch and team.

All of the waxing nostalgia about how great the first 2 seasons of POI through serialization Root and Greer (Samaratan) and Finch’s constant personal questions about AI were well established in Seasons 1 and 2. This set up Seasons 4 and 5 as Greer was the only opponent too elusive for Finch and Reese to defeat in Seasons 2 and 3.

POI has steadily and constantly evolved based on Seasons 1 and 2 to make Root a vital asset and Greer the most invincable foe in Seasons 4 and 5.

TV is entertainment, so Greer a recurring foe since Season 2, will be defeated in Season 5.

POI is my favorite TV show of all time.

For those advocating that POI lost its way from Seasons 1 and 2 and would like POI to be renewed for a Season 6 along the Seasons 1 and 2 formats, then that would mean making Root and Greer formidable opponents again along with the resurrection of Carter, the HR organization, and the Elias organization from the dead.

Enjoy Season 5 and be thankful that a creative leading edge TV show like POI will have kept us highly entertained for 5 seasons.

• Carter will never return. She’s the star of another series so she won’t be back.

• Olive says:

I like your analysis of the seasons and how they weave together. I have the four Seasons on DVD and have been marathon watching from the first. It is that much more meaningful the second time around. It is a show I could watch again and again and get something newly relevant :-) out of each episode each time.

I think there is much more that can be done in new seasons with this remarkable quality series.

33. Connie says:

There is so little entertaining, good television these days. POI is an exception to that. It’s obvious the show has a great following. Why ruin a good thing? How this show can even be considered for cancellation and The “Kartrashians” keep “keeping up” blows my mind.

34. Carter says:

I think they should put POI on Netflix and let it be.

35. jon says:

It is pretty clear you have decided that POI is not coming back. You only ordered 13 episodes and cannot even commit to when these are going to be aired. And they wonder why people do not watch live TV or TV in general anymore…

36. Al Paul says:

So we watch Person of Interest all 4 Seasons so far and we have to say it is one of the best shows we have watched. We do hope it does have season 5 . Thanks to the makers of Person of Interest. Wonderful Show.

37. Steve White says:

Interesting in that the POI character Shaw from 2007 to 2009 starred in the TV show entitled Life played the TV character police Detective Reese. In Season 4 of POI, the TV character John Reese played the TV character named Detective Riley.

So at some point in their acting careers, POI TV characters Shaw and Reese have both played TV characters surnamed Reese who in turn also played TV characters who were police detectives.

38. Robert Cordell says:

Persons oh Interest is my favorite show and it is being cancelled???????? Come on! How many years has The Days of Our Lives been on, and it sucks!!!!!!! Please bring it back.

• naomi says:

Excellent point

• JT says:

My favorite show as well. Can’t believe they are taking it off! Can’t believe they’ve waited so long to get this next stint on the air. The many twists and turns have kept me intrigued. Intellectually stimulating. Never looked forward to a new season like this show only to find out it is over!

39. Lou says:

What is with this CBS president? Or is it the actors? Viewers obviously like this show. I know I do.

40. C J Broussard says:

No way!!! They better not cancel “Person of Interest” it’s the best series on TV. I would be so bummed!!!

41. Dwayne Folsom says:

Great show. Thanks for bringing back the show. Looking forward to the return.

42. Trev says:

I don’t get it? It’s a great show. But everything must end. I like 7-9 year runs but that’s me.

43. Nancy Caress says:

The fact that CBS doesn’t have syndication rights to POI is, I believe as much of an issue if not more than the ratings. POI ratings dropped some, but not as far as some other CBS shows that the network hasn’t even talked about cancelling. WB produces the show and it is very expensive to produce, as real quality often is. I’m concerned about what it says about us as viewers if an intelligent, well written, well acted show like POI can’t make it at least seven seasons. But then I loved “Sports Night” too, and the actors from that show went on to shows like West Wing, Parenthood and The Good Wife. If Person Of Interest ends, no doubt Michael Emerson will be fine and so will the girls and Kevin Chapman who is very, very, good. Now it’s time for Jim Caviezel to get the great roles he’s always deserved. If he gets to sink his teeth into a really meaty role he can devour it with the best in the business and it should be his time.

• Olive says:

You make what IMHO is the most valid point about POI staying or going. Why please fans when greed is all that matters. Thus the dumbing down of most of what we see and hear.

• TenAcreWds says:

Waste a lot of time searching and searching for a date. Just tell us when it will air. Best written show on tv. Some intelligent writing for a change. Love it. Would love to see it continue, but greed rules so fans lose. Give us a date.

44. Adin Caffery says:

My all time favorite show-hate for it to end

45. Wyntaa says:

I have to say that I have been patiently waiting for this show to come back on … I am real interested on how it will turn out. June can not cone fast enough.

46. Tom says:

All I have to say is DO NOT END IT to much story left

47. Tom says:

48. Mike says:

You better put this back on or I and millions of others will changing networks

49. Fishpaste says:

Just found this amazing show on Netflix and I absolutely love it! So of course it will be cancelled, all the good shows I watch/ find get cancelled/ end. Such a shame, this show is so great ( especially when they do the continuing A.I. storyline) Yet the crappy shows continue. Sad

50. naomi says:

I love person of interest I hope it has another season or two