Devious Maids Eva Longoria

Devious Maids: Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria and James Denton Appearing in Season 4

Devious Maids is getting a little Desperate in its fourth season — and we couldn’t be more thrilled.

Eva Longoria, already an executive producer on Maids, will guest-star in the Lifetime drama’s next season premiere, TVLine has learned, while fellow Desperate Housewives alum James Denton is set to recur.

Though details of Longoria’s role are being kept under wraps, we can confirm that Denton will play Peter, the head of a movie studio who “falls hard and fast into a new relationship.” (But is it with one of the Maids?)

Longoria currently stars in the NBC comedy Telenovela, while Denton’s face can regularly be seen in Hallmark Channel’s Good Witch series.

Additionally, Argentinian actress Sol Rodriguez will recur in Season 4 as Daniela, a “sexy, fun and unpredictable Latina in her twenties who loves to stir the pot.” Daniela comes to Beverly Hills dreaming of a career in Hollywood and is “easily tempted by the fabulous lifestyles of the rich and famous.” (Is anyone else already picturing her butting heads with Carmen?)

But wait, there’s more: Nathan Owens, introduced in Season 3 as Marisol’s maid/boyfriend Jesse, has also been promoted to series regular.

Your thoughts on Maids‘ big casting moves? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Cas says:

Yes! Love James Denton.

2. Smigglesby says:

Nathan Owens was already credited as a regular in the previous season. SMIGGLESBY WINS AGAIN

3. Steven says:

I’m surprised it took her this long to guest star.

4. aph1976 says:

I’m thinking Eva Langoria’s appearance on Devious Maids will just be on the season premiere and maybe she’s playing herself since i think the series is set in Los Angeles.

5. BrookeBS says:

Nate Owens is HOT!!!!! Love that he is a regular. Can’t wait for the new season!

6. Mzglorybe says:

I’m wondering if Eva’s character will be similar to her current self-centered role in “telenovela.” She has those roles down. Susan Lucci doesn’t disappoint either. I’m sure it will be hilarious. Can’t wait. When do they come back?

7. Romi says:

Love this show – can’t wait. I’d like to see James Denton with Susan Lucci.

8. Z says:

The way this show, which has very little buzz, keeps getting renewed amazes me. I hope Lifetime will let them know in advance if this is the last season.

9. Dave says:

I thought that this show was in Desperate’s same universe…i think she will reprise her role as Gabrielle…

• Jake L. says:

Richard Burgi (who played Susan’s first husband, Carl) appeared in a one-off guest role as Susan Lucci’s brother in the first season, so it doesn’t look like they are in the same universe. If that were the case, Denton could only really be Mike and Mike would be dead (R.I.P.).

10. Terry Spoonts says:

I love this show……not enough promotion..great to see James Deaton

11. Amy Cooper says:

Sounds great. When is Season 4 starting?

12. Poe4pres says:

I really like DM!!! So glad it’s coming back!!! Grant Show, James Denton…wow more hotties, LOVE IT!!!!

13. Debi Woody says:

Hope her part is better then the character in her Telanovela! I LOVE Eva but come on! James Denton is awesome! When does the show premier the new season???

14. Yaco says:

Yay! I love Eva Longia’s acting, pretty sure It’s going to be great. Also, I’m excited to have an Argentinian actress on the show (that’s my country!).

15. Yaco says:

16. Philip Armstrong says:

As the show is set in the same universe as Desperate Housewives (‘Carmen Luna’ made an appearance in the final episode) then logically Eva Longoria should be playing Gabrielle Solis.
    She probably won’t be though.

17. Sharon Crady says:

When will the show premiere on Lifetime, I don’t want to miss any of the episodes so what’s the date & time, please loved the show since the beginning let me know, ok ?????

18. Mark says:

Great seeing Eva/Gabby super fine lady joining the ladies. The Maids are every mans wish/dream….come on new season.

19. Wish this show hadn’t written too much happening too fast in its decent-until-maybe-the-finale first season so I was able to keep track of it all & was still watching. (Maybe they could do Season marathons on weekends on some channel like CLOO does before a USA Network show starts a new season.)

20. Brenda Conway says:

I can t wait for devious maids to start the new season as well as Eva Langoria and James Denton appearing on the show, very excited!

21. Maria Smith says:

I am happy to hear that “Jesse” will become a regular.

22. Jennie Dowd says:

Will there be a Season 5? We were left hanging at the end of Season 4.