The Vampire Diaries The Originals Crossover

Vampire Diaries, The Originals Crossover: Stefan Travels to New Orleans — But Will Caroline?

The Salvatores and the Mikaelsons are reuniting.

Friday-bound Vampire Diaries and The Originals will stage a crossover later this season, CW president Mark Pedowitz announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena.

“You will see, organically, a crossover this year,” Pedowitz confirmed. “Not of the size and scope of we do with Arrow and Flash. They have to make sense [story-wise].”

The event kicks off during Episode 14 of Vampire Diaries, in which “Stefan finds himself very much in need of a mystical safe haven,” executive producer Julie Plec previewed. “And as we’ve seen on The Originals, there is a bar called The St. James Infirmary, in which no magic can permeate. So he goes to seek refuge in New Orleans and comes face-to-face with Klaus Mikaelson because, of course, nothing happens in Klaus’ town without Klaus knowing. I call it the reunion of the Bourbon buddies.”

Stefan will stay put in New Orleans during The Originals “to help Klaus clear up some business that he’s dealing with at the moment that actually has a direct impact on Stefan himself,” Plec continued.

As for whether the vamp’s current squeeze will be traveling with him to The Big Easy, “All I can say is that Caroline has an involvement in the way that we’ve decided to dramatize the crossover, and I’m sure there are spoilers aplenty if people want to read further,” Plec shared with a laugh.

Regarding the sister series’ move to Friday night beginning Jan. 29, Pedowitz maintained that the scheduling shift should not be interpreted as a death sentence for either show. “The move is not to exile [the shows],” he said. “It’s a move to strengthen Friday night.”

1. Gul says:

Well… We knew it was coming.. & I sure as hell hope that it makes sense to the storyline & not just to cater to annoying shippers like TVD’s 100th…

2. Lou says:

Can’t wait for the Klaroline scene that we all know will be on it :)

3. morgan says:

wooop klaroline is coming!!! we all know thats the only ace they have left to play

4. Sara says:

KLAROLINE!!!

• Mak says:

If anything Klaroline will be in this crossover so that there is a definite closure to this ‘ship’…’final nail in the coffin’ moments for Klaroline.
      Anyone who thinks there’s going to be more or that Klaus is suddenly going to forget Camille or Caroline forget Stefan then you are delusional.

• Sara says:

You can’t call anyone “delusional” with this show. It’s one of the most unpredictable, and in my opinion klaus and cami an Stefan and Caroline are weak. :/ not sorry

• Annie says:

+1. Plus, Klaus has loved before and he’s lived forever so he’s well aware that you have more than one love when you live that long.

• Monty says:

Sorry Mak, I think you’re delusional if you think Stefan and Caroline have any romantic chemistry. They have zero and are the weakest relationship that tvd has put together. Even Matt and Caroline had more chemistry than Stefan and Caroline have. Sterosnore is the best description any fan has named them.

• Mak says:

I agree with you 100%…I don’t watch TVD anymore in part because I can’t stand steroline…actually I can’t stand Caroline she’s just the worst..she’s the most annoying character on that show & they have failed to make her a lead character BUT obviously for now the TVD writers are going with Steroline whether you like it or not.
          There’s no way the showrunners are going to keep giving hope to Klaroline the
          ‘inter-show ship’ that can only happen in crossovers… that would undermine & really hurt the relationships they are trying to build & promote on the individual shows.
          Like it or not right now Steroline & Klamille are what the shows are going with and promoting….so Klaroline shippers be ready to say bye to your pairing.

• JoJo says:

SAME! HA I can’t stand Caroline and wish they would kill the character off.

• Ally Oop says:

I agree as well. No offense to the actress but I dislike Caroline more than any other character on the show and hate the idea of Caroline being with Klaus.

• tvjunkie says:

Yeah it’s obvious you don’t watch it anymore because in the 3 year flash forwards they revealed [SPOILER ALERT] that Stefan and Caroline are not only not together, but they a both with other people.

• vellasquez says:

EXACTLYYYY!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY WHO WHO DISLIKED HER. LIKE SERIOUSLY, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE ACTRESS BUT, HER VOICE IS SOO WHINY AND ANNOYING!! LIKE FORREAL, I SAY MAKE BONNIE BENNETT THE FEMALE LEAD CHARACTER, KILL ELENA OFF FOR GOOD (HER ONLY USE WAS BEING DAMON’S LAPDOG), END STALE STEROLINE (PUT CAROLINE IN THE BACKGROUND), OR BETTER YET MOVE DAMON, BONNIE, ENZO, AND MAYBE STEFAN TO NEW ORLEANS!!! OH AND GET RID OF THE ANNOYING HERETICS PLS!!

5. Desiree says:

Love TVD and the Originals even more cant wait to have something good to watch on Friday nights

6. b says:

Hopefully, it has something to do with the sire lines and plays an organic part on both series

• Gilded Lady says:

Now THAT makes sense, and I really, really hope that that is what the plan is!

• Katie says:

Amen to that! They need to have it make sense, otherwise, there would be no reason to do the crossover at all if it didn’t pertain to at least TO storyline this season. Well, that means I’ll be watching TVD for the second time in seven seasons! (I only watched the first fifteen minutes of TVD’s series premiere before I shut the thing off. I haven’t watched it since.) Let’s hope they do this crossover justice, especially for TO. I love that show!

7. Withinlust says:

Yess ! I will watch it only for KLAROLINE

8. Bwhit says:

I figured they would do this in the second half of the season. I hope it’s Klaus and Elijah going to Mystic Falls to ask Damon and Stefan to help take down the Strix or something like that. That’s what I want to see, both sets of brothers working together.

9. Cathie says:

Enough with Klaroline!!!!

10. Larkin says:

This is such crap, there is no reason for Stefan to go to NOLA!!!Please The Originals writers take us fans away, let’s move to FX HBO or Showcase, i don’t want TO ruined, ended up as a teen drama, it is a very good mature different show to become TVD2 by CWnetwork bosses,,,,Please let’s move!!

• morgan says:

lmao not a teen show haha hahah haha i´m sorry i can´t TO is the definition of a teen show… its bahahhhhh sorry lol you made my day with that comment

• Larkin says:

“Klaus??? Klaus??Something terrible has happened, somebody has stolen my prom dress!!!” I rest my case who is the real teen here. I bet Klaus is missing those days so much, he can;t shake them off, how that was so important..Lol .You are right. RME

• Lily says:

“I stay in a city that is dangerous for me and I don’t have anyone or anything because I have complicated feelings” yep pretty mature and sensibleness

• Lily says:

OMG You’re so scared of the tiny possibility of Klaroline even if a mention, that you don’t want a crossover at all. The sad part is that Klaroline is coming back when you Klamille is happening rn, which leaves a lot to say about what Klaus feels for Cami

• santánico says:

showcase??? you mean show time ?? rofl stahp

• Ashbash says:

No reason for Stefan to go to NOLA?!um what about the fact that there is a prophecy out there about the originals dying which will kill everyone in their sire line. Elijah turned Katharine, Katharine turned Stefan and Damon, who turned Caroline and Elena. Literally everyone on the Vampire Diaries has a reason to go to New Orleans their lives are at stake. If anyone needs to be coming to New Orleans right now it’s the Vampire Diaries crew because they are all about to die if that prophecy comes true.

• Bryan says:

yup. what she said. or he.

• ummm….no. It’s time to get get your sire lines straight. Klaus turned some girl named Mary. Mary turned Rose. Rose turned Katherine. Katherine turned Stefan, Damon, and Caroline. Damon turned Elena. Regardless, if Klaus dies, TVD is essentially dead.

• Phoenix5634 says:

That’s right. Altho we never actually confirmed Klaus turned Mary becuz Kol went and killed her first before they could ask. But as far as they know, Klaus is their sire.

• JFerreras says:

While Katherine was the one to kill and trigger the transformation in Caroline, she actually had Damon’s blood inside her. Vicky, Caroline, and Elena were all died with Damon’s blood in their system. Making every main character to turn vampire on the show, minus Alaric, apart of Klaus’ sireline… three of which were under Damon, and the last, Jenna, under Klaus… And, of course, there’s also Tyler.. but he’s a hybrid. So, I didn’t count him. But, yeah, thought I’d shove him in just in case someone points him out.

• Klaroline says:

Tyler isn’t a hybrid anymore so wouldn’t be affected. Sadly.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Katherine turned Steffan, Damon, and Caroline. And Katherine was turned by Rose, and Rose was turned by Mary ( who Kol killed so they could never find out who sired them ). It was later discovered when Elijah and Rebekah were talking and they said they didn’t start the sireline that all those people are in) so that leaves just Klaus, since they didn’t die when Fin and Kol died.

So in short they’re all in Klaus’ sireline.

• Phoenix5634 says:

@ Larkin
      Totally DISAGREE with everything you said.

• Nicole says:

why so salty? you realize TO is going to be cancelled, right? this is their way to give Klaus a way to come back to TVD. TO has been tanking since S1, and now that they are in the Friday slot…tick tock tick tock

• Phoenix5634 says:

Nicole you sound like a real life Caroline lol, and you’re wrong, if anything there using it as a way to bring TVD characters to TO in a year or more.

• VN says:

as long as Klaus and Caroline are together. :)

• Turquoise03 says:

Amen to that. IM DYING AND I CANT WATCH EITHER OF THE SHOW BECAUSE THEIR SHIPS SUCK. Klaus and Caroline, Katherine and Elijah, Stefan and Rebekah… Camille dies, Hayley dies, no babies exist…. I wouldn’t even care if none of it made sense as long as KC was endgame tbh. And Stefan dies, too. His nose bothers me anyways.

11. spindae2 says:

And just today I sent Matt Mitovich a mail to ask about this as I heard it is happening in eps 14 including Klaus and Stefan mainly.

12. Julie says:

Everything is Klaroline and nothing hurts <2

13. FINALLY A REAL CROSSOVER!
    IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE KLAUS AND STEFAN INTERACT + THE KLAROLINE PHONE CALL!

14. ninergrl6 says:

So it’s a move to kill Reign.

• brandydanforth81 says:

Not exactly.BatB got the same treatment but was lasted two more seasons,I think Reign wil
      Get s4.Reign is the second lowest rated CW show barely beating CEG and it’s rating lower than VD/TO so CW dosent care about it especially since its in its third season.Moving Reign off and VD/TO was to strengthen Fri night Pedwitz said.

• Vince says:

It was dead to begin with.

15. Vampie says:

Ohh yes I was waiting for that crossover a long time ago!!!

16. Cora says:

They might come ask for Bonnie help or help Stefan. And Damon with the heretics *coughs* julian.

17. Andreia says:

The crossover between Mikaelsons and salvatores sounds amazing!! BUT I think only Klaroline interaction could save the shows !! They are such a great chemistry and a possible and complicated relationship …

• Turquoise03 says:

I agree with you! Thats the only thing that could make me watch. I don’t bother anymore, as it only leads to my cringing at the horrible couples with even worse chemistry. Like Klamille? She’s a freaking fill in for Caroline until she can get her crap together and we all know it.

18. Klaroline says:

As much as I am a Klaroline fan, too much is happening with both of them for me to enjoy a scene with them. Unless it’s just another, “I intend to be your last” scene.

How would Klaus react to pregnant Caroline?

Plus I was just starting to like Cami. Hoping she lives some how.

19. Beba says:

We know all the friday night show on cw were cancelled so of course to make room for their popular new tv series on cw they pushed Plec’s show to Friday. They already moved Supernatural timeslot last year. The crossover is between Stefan and Klaus meeting up (spoiler bts pics) thankfully I’m excited to see Paul and Joseph interacting again.

20. french5851 says:

I really hope Caroline gets to be apart of it… something that talks about the distant future with Klaus <3

21. fandomking1 says:

Okay, seriously, enough with Klaroline. It’s over, the characters have both moved on from it. To try and bring it back now makes no sense and demeans both characters. Also, it is really annoying how you Klaroline fans try to demean and diminish Klaus’ feelings for Cami as a insignificant infatuation. I actually think Klaus cares about Cami MORE than he cared about Caroline. Cami actually tries to understand and accept him, something that Caroline never even tried to do. She just brushed him off as an irredeemable monster.

• kate says:

well has he promise cami he’ll be her last! nope didnt think so

• fandomking1 says:

I think he was more in love with the idea of Caroline than the actual Caroline. He built her up in his head as some goddess with no visible flaws when in reality she was very flawed. Not trying to insult Caroline, but she’s not perfect.

• Turquoise03 says:

Does Klamille have an entire archive, millions upon millions of fanfictions, or millions upon millions of loyal followers whom are reading this and crying and praying even though they aren’t even religious? No! You wanna know why? Because Camille is just a fill in for Caroline anyways. My heart is actually hurting, like, physically for this ship to happen. You’re evil. We all know Klaroline is the only way to save the two shows either way.

• Annie says:

I think Klaus will live forever so he understands that you can have more than one love. He loves Cami and maybe they’ll be together for centuries but then maybe they’ll both move on and be with other people. When it’s about immortals, the idea of an OTP is kinda ridiculous. (I’m a diehard Klaroliner, but I’m totally fine with them having other loves. I like Cami. It’s Stephan that’s the drag.

• Rachel says:

This @Annie! None of the fan girls from ANY ship can understand that these are immortals! So the idea of having a one and only doesn’t make sense. They aren’t humans who only live less than a 100 yrs, so of course there’s going to be more loves in their lives.

• vellasquez says:

THANK YOU FANDOMKING, KAROLIN THIS KAROLIN THAT!!!! SHUTS, FRANKLY I THINK KAROLINE OR WHATEVER THERE NAME WAS, WAS ANNOYING AND FRANKLY OVERRATED FRANKLY I THINK THAT IF ANYONE SHOULD GO TO NEW ORLEANS IT’S EITHER DAMON, BONNIE, AND ENZO/ BONNIE AND STEFAN!! BOOM THERE I SAID IT!

• Nicole says:

“your father didn’t love you, so you assume no one else will.” come on, you think camille is the first to try to understand him? keep drinking the koolaid julie plec is serving. cami is just a substitute, once klaus reconnects with caroline, she will fade away. he cares for cami, i’ll give you that but in terms of compatibility caroline is a better match. Cami also excuses his behavior bc of his daddy/mommy issues, Caroline called him out and expected him to take responsibility for his actions.

• Phoenix5634 says:

What’s wrong with Klaus’s behaviour? He can’t truly trust anyone, a thousand years has proved that to him, so he does what he has to do so things turn out the best they can with people not trusting him.

• Very true. Caroline makes him take responsibility for his actions. No one else will. Caroline isn’t afraid of him. Had he yelled at Cami like he did Caroline, Cami would have ran or something. Caroline stood there and yelled right back at him, proving she wouldn’t just shove off something Klaus does that’s wrong or mean.

22. Kristen says:

Wow! Finally!!! It’s a shame they waited until the shows were banished to Fridays before doing this. It might honestly be too late for them to see any boost in the ratings, but it may at least retard any further drops. For those who keep wanting to keep the shows apart, that’s what made the ratings fall for TO in the first place- alienating TVD fans. The two shows don’t have to be and really shouldn’t be mutually exclusive. I have actually watched both shows since the beginning. They should try to capture both fan bases. At this point, whether it’s the crossover or pursuing Klaroline again I think they should to do whatever they can to save both shows from cancellation.

• melbonk says:

I think moving them to ford’s is a great mive. Putting them on Thursday against shonda times shows was the kiss of death imo. And then other networks had stuff like the blacklist and other shows that rated a lot higher than cw. I of course would never miss the originals but I thought putting them up against scandal and whatnot in Thursday was. A death move..hopefully Friday will be a saving grace. Klaus is amazing. Joseph Morgan is the sextet man alive. And I can’t believe I just found out he’s married to the actress that played Bonnie’s mom!! Odd pairing!!but good for them

23. O.M.G I can’t wait for Klaroline to happend. “finger cross”.

24. Val says:

Im glad that Klarotrash is not sharing scenes. That pairing was one of the most abusive and vile ships on TV and its good to see it dead and burried.

25. A-Rizzle says:

If they actually wanted to make this an event, they would have had TVD’s Phoenix Stone be the ultimate weapon that could “kill” an original. Then there could have been a big season finale crossover battle between the Stricts/Mikaelsons/Salvatores/Lilly’s family to gain control of the stone and trap some people inside. But, Stefan hiding out in the bar is… fine?

26. NDFan says:

I don’t care about Klaus and Caroline at all… But Stefan and Klaus makes me super happy! I absolutely loved the interaction between those two and it makes me nostalgic for the earlier TVD seasons. The only thing that would make me happier is if Rebekkah could show up too. I always wanted her and Stefan to end up together.

• Ari says:

Agreed, Stefan and Klaus was the best pairing either of them ever got.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Agree, the Mikaelsons and Salvatore brothers working together is always an awesome pairing. Klaus and Steffan, and same for Damon and Elijah.
        I’ve been a fan of both shows since the very start. I’m so excited for this crossover!

• Jennifer says:

Stefan and Rebekkah…you’re breaking my heart! *sniff*

27. Ari says:

The perfect way to do this is to have Stefan bring the pboenix stone to NO. We will find out that the stone will play a key role in bringing KOL back. Lol I crack myself up acting like the writers care about Kol.

• Dmac says:

Surprise he’s coming back to present time It was just announced so you may be right.

• Phoenix5634 says:

The original Kol actor ? He was awesome, I’m still angry how he was killed. I’d be really happy to see the original Kol back.

• Kristen says:

I didn’t realize Kol was coming back! That’s great!!! So we have the crossover, klefan, and possibly a tease for klaroline 😊 I am glad they r really pulling out all the stops to keep the shows alive!

28. lorenza says:

No klaroline, please!!

29. Stacy says:

My friends and I stopped watching TVD due to boring Steroline and though I DVRed it, I haven’t watched TO yet this season. I will have to fast forward all the Klamille scenes. If there is Klaroline though I will definitely watch. The fandom for Klaroline is huge, they even have their own online magazine. Seems like they are looking for a ratings boost, they will get it if they include some kinda Klaroline interaction for sure. Will be interesting.

• Annie says:

Oooo, could you hit a gal up with the Klaroline online mag??
      And ditto, I’ve stopped watching since the whole Stefan stuff (I’m not really over Nina leaving yet though so) but some Klaroline could get me to tune back in

30. Julie says:

Can’t wait for all new Vampire Diaries! Love this show always. Love Damon LOve Ian!

31. Annie says:

If there’s not some Klaus/Caroline flirting action I’ll be quite upset. Long-haul OTP there.

32. Jodi says:

I am so excited I was that Clouse and Caroline should be together💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

33. Christy says:

I love Klaroline, and would love to see them share some sexy time. Even though I am also a fan of Steroline.

But realistically – Klaus is a vampire who had a baby against all odds. Caroline is a vampire who is pregnant with babies against all odds. I would imagine they have a conversation over their similar circumstances and he offers her some advice. I would bet on some sweetness and some snark, and it ending with a special little smile between them… as they both go back to their current love interests. Which, honestly, shouldn’t infuriate fans of any couple. It’s realistic for the current stories.

34. Malachi says:

This is great news but GOD PLEASE DO NOT GIVE SHIPPER WHAT THEY WANT! Tried of those crazy shipper think Klausoline will happen. Klaus loves cami now. That “wam bam thank you mam” on that tree meant nothing but ratings. Hate to say but TVD deserves to be cancelled.TO maybe one more season but TVD is DEAD

• Turquoise03 says:

Too bad both were renewed, giving them time to wrap up everything on TVD, have TO experience a time jump, and Caroline to make her way to NOLA. Camille was always a replacement anyways. You should really get over that. She can’t compete with Care. Klaroline even has their own online magazine for crying out loud!

35. Phoenix5634 says:

Yes! So excited for this crossover! Sounds awesome! Really cannot wait!

36. Everything is Klaroline and nothing hurts!

37. FreeRyde says:

At least Waaa-Waaa is gone. Now we just need Damon to shut up about her.
    Thank God no more I-don’t-own-a-shirt-McQeen, and the doppelganger crap is finally over.
    How unrelentingly cool how everybody drinks straight up. How many times in an episode to you see that?
    Boooooooring! Who writes this crap?
    Bring back Stefan in the Greek God outfit please!

38. Platynum says:

I dont watch TVD anymore but I will be glad to see Stefan, as he is my favorite ,followed by Bonnie on that show.Loved the Stefan /Klaus dynamic and I know we will be getting some Klaroline interaction ,so yippee!!!

39. Leeah says:

KLAROLINE

40. ANon says:

Any interaction between Klaus and Caroline (if there is any in the first place) should be just once and for all ending and putting closure to that non-relationship.

41. vellasquez says:

BONNIE NEEDS TO COME WITH HIM AND GANG UP WITH THE WITCHES!!!!!

42. Tatia says:

What part of “I will be your last… However long it takes” is not registering ?!
    Klaroline is coming sweeties and it willl Rock and Rule as always! <3

43. Max says:

STOP mashing up people’s damn names already!! You all sound like stupid RETARDS!! No wonder the world hates America. It’s filled with juvenile dumbasses who think they’re so cool making up idiotic acronyms!!! Read a damn book and learn how to speak and spell properly you morons!

• Nicole says:

settle down, max. you’re in the comment section of a vampire show article…let’s not play the ‘i’m more intellectually advanced than you’ game, you look silly.

• Myra says:

Woah Max, settle down now. You realize this is about a fictional show right? Calm down and take a few breaths this really isn’t that deep.

• Turquoise03 says:

Oh, honey, you sound like you’re frustrated. I’m so terribly sorry that you looked this up, read an article, read through comments, and decided to leave this not-so-nice commentary for us. How incredibly moronic of us, making things to look forward to on our favorite yet dying shows the incorrect way, no proper use of English or its grammar! Do you want a hug from your mom to make you feels better?

44. Susan shipp says:

I love both shows but, I feel the move to Friday night will hurt. No one likes staying home, watching TV on a Friday night and the majority of fun events take place on Friday and Saturday nights. I liked the relaxing night in the middle of my week. I guess I’ll just watch online from here forward.

45. Samantha LeBlond says:

So I’m wondering will Stephan stay with the Originals or will he be going back and forth.
    Or will the Originals and Vampire Diaries become 1 show. Michalsons & Salvatores take down the Striks together.
    Nail their teeth into that

46. claire says:

YESSS! KLAROLINE IS COMING! I honestly can’t wait I haven’t been this excited since the 5×11 promo aired and i’m honestly counting the seconds for their reunion. They quite literally complete each other and it’s so beautiful and fascinating to see their relationship and development play out. The fact that they grew apart so they could grow together is so important,too. And it doesn’t matter their current squeezes right now,they’re just pass time while they wait to each other’s last love,this is science. They won’t be monks and stop living their life,in fact,Caroline particularly has to explore it to its extremes and when she’s ready,she will show up on his door. It may take a century,but she will only compromise when she feels she is ready because she knows Klaus is forever. They’re each other’s eternity,just like Klaus professed,and I honestly never seen something more beautiful. We’ll be here for this epic pairing however long it takes ❤

47. Elise says:

I’ll start watching the show again if Klaroline happens and if they don’t happen I just hope TO and TVD are cancelled, the two shows have been dragged too long and the shows and characters are OOC af. The shows are cringe worthy.

48. Stephanie says:

I’ve waited 2yr for a crossover like this!!!🙌😍 I’ll always ship Klaus & Caroline together💞 He intends to be her last, however long it takes ;)

49. Irene says:

Give us Klaroline or cancel your shows, cause everything else is unworthy of watching. More, it’s painful to see the destruction of one of CW most successful series.

50. RavenWytch says:

Klaroline isnt going anywhere there’s a whole world out there for the amazing pairing to explore.