Golden Globes Winners List

Golden Globes: Mr. Robot and Mozart Win Big; Taraji P. Henson, Lady Gaga, Jon Hamm, Rachel Bloom Grab Gold

A superhacker and a magnificent maestro were the big winners on Sunday night at the 73rd Golden Globe Awards.

USA Network’s Mr. Robot grabbed gold twice, including for best drama, while Amazon’s Mozart in the Jungle also picked up a pair of wins, including for star Gael García Bernal.

Noteworthy winners included Empire lioness Taraji P. Henson (grabbing a Globe for the first time ever), Crazy Ex-Girlfriend breakout Rachel Bloom and songstress/actress Lady Gaga, who took up residency in American Horror Story‘s hotel.

• DRAMA – ACTRESSEmpire Ratings Season 2

• SERIES, TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES Golden Globe Winners List– SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black
Joanne Froggatt, Downton Abbey
Regina King, American Crime
Judith Light, Transparent
Maura Tierney, The Affair WINNER

And for all you movie buffs out there:

Best Director: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, The Revenant

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama: Brie Larson, Room

Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy: The Martian

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Jennifer Lawrence, Joy

1. Brian says:

Happy for Maura Tierney!

2. Ws says:

Weird that they did comedy series before comedy actor… I do think for some of these categories they randomly pick a winner out of a hat.

3. Ashley says:

Nothing against Rachel Bloom, but the only thing Crazy Ex Girlfriend deserves is cancellation.

• Ws says:

Agreed… terrible show.. terrible performance… no idea how it won that.

• Mak says:

Not the show for me either…I found all the characters really unlikable BUT I’m happy that CW shows are showing up these big networks & leaving them in the dust for the second year in a row now.
      Now the question is will CEG be renewed with it’s awful ratings??

• If they do renew it will be because of this. CW gets so little respect, that when a show actually get any sort or acclaim the execs get excited.

• Aline says:

I agree. The same happened with Beauty and the Beast. Everyone was saying it was suppose to be cancelled and then they won some award (I don’t even remember which one) and we still have that around.

• tvjunkie says:

That’s not why BatB stayed around. It stayed around because it did pretty good numbers overseas, enough to financially justify doing more episodes.

• flutiefan says:

glad not everyone has the same taste. i love the show.

4. Bryan says:

Did not expect Rachel Bloom to win. But I doubt that will help their show’s chances at renewal

5. BrightLight says:

Well the two people I wanted to win most tonight (Maura Tierney and Rachel Bloom) did just that! So I think my night is done and I’m extremely happy. I REALLY hope this helps Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s renewal chance now.

6. Court says:

Amazing for Maura Tierney! So, so happy she won. Happy for Rachel Bloom, I personally don’t like the show but I love that the GGs reward new talent. I would have loved if Gina Rodriguez won again though – she is so, so amazing.

7. Pearl says:

So… Pretty much no one who every one thought was going to win is winning… Did they mess the last and the first place? Oo

8. KC says:

Glad Maura won but she didn’t have to make the four eyes comment.

9. Ws says:

Golden Globe winner Christian Slater… who woulda thought it.

10. Yonas says:

No Leftovers in the noms, so this entire awards show is invalid

11. Ws says:

Who let Tarantino come up to the stage? He didnt win…. and he is so full of himself.

12. KC says:

What happened to America Ferrara? That dress is so bad!

13. Pearl says:

I love John as much i love any séries in the twenties… But… His win is pretty much the nail in the coffin… Rick Gervais is pretty much the truth teller today!!!

14. MzTeaze says:

So happy for Mozart in Jungle!!!!

15. Jeana Olds says:

The Walking Dead is far better than anything that won tonight. Seems like the people choosing the awards have never actually watched them.

16. Ws says:

I liked The Martian and Matt Damon was good in it… but the film was not a comedy.. not even a little bit.

17. Angela Steinhart says:

I’m not watching it because Ricky Gervais is on. Disgusting punk.

18. Min says:

SO HAPPY FOR RACHEL BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

19. Pearl says:

Matt… How mad at the TV are you right now? Just asking…

20. April says:

FINALLY some award show love for Jon Hamm!!!!! I miss Mad Men and he was phenomenal on that show!!!!

21. Ws says:

The HFPA membership are the only ones who watch Mozart in the Jungle

• Nichole says:

I live in Australia and have managed to watch it, have the second season waiting to go when I get a chance, love binge watching!! So it can’t be that small of a show if it’s being watched by people half way around the world!!! It’s a good show, give it more then 5mins and you might be surprised :)

22. wrstlgirl says:

Right on Lady Gaga!!!!

23. Ash says:

No to Gaga, no to Rachel Bloom beating out everyone else in that category, so much nope to this “awards” ceremony.

24. Neemo says:

Lady Gaga over Kirsten Dunst and Fargo???? Im done with the Globes.

25. S says:

Awful. Lady Gaga won instead of Kirsten Dunst? What a joke.

26. Ws says:

gotta find out what ricky said to mel gibson… darn nbc censors

27. After the results you posted here, I knew they winners would be picked by idiots, so chose not to watch..

28. Mak says:

Cooooookie…OMG Well done Taraji

29. Mika02 says:

So happy for Mozart in the Jungle and Mr. Robot. Well deserved.

30. MzTeaze says:

Awesome. Congrats to Mr Robot!!!!!

• tvjunkie says:

I don’t understand how Mr Robot won when it’s not even the best show on USA, which is Suits.

• Bonnie W says:

I don’t understand the love for Mr. Robot. It was sooooooo weird. And did Christian Slater deserve to win over Tobias Menzies? No way.

• sue says:

I agree with you Bonnie W … Mr Robot AND Christian Slater wining???? WTFrak!! I watched til the finale and couldn’t believe I wasted all that time on that show. The Outlander series and actors, hands down, is the BEST series on TV!

31. Quick correction, Jennifer Lawrence won for Comedy, not Drama.

32. Pearl says:

So… A movie that is not a comedy, never was suposed to be a comedy, like the own director kidded about, win as the best comedy… I thinl i can win as best actress in a série that never existe next year… I just need to have a little chat wirh the foreign press people…

33. Dave says:

How is it that Fargo took nothing home????
    Am I the only one who thought this season was fantastic (I did like S1 better but this was also good)

34. Chris says:

Jennifer Laurence won Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical Film (not for Best Actress in Drama Film) for ”Joy”!

35. R says:

Yea, last time I checked mr robot only won 2 awards. So why is their photos plastered everywhere? That show isn’t even that great. This website is garbage

• tvjunkie says:

Yeah as I replied to someone else, it’s not even the best show on USA. I gave up on it after a couple episodes. Suits is way better.

36. Is it just me or was it rude when Taraji yelled at the guys escorting her on stage to get off her train?

37. Laura Markl says:

The only category even worth an award was the animated category. I do not watch a single show or movie that was eve nominated with the exception of the Best Animated Movie Catagory. Ian glad INSIDE OUT won. Until the Forein press and Hollywood start recognizing the Christian movies I refuse to watch.

38. Guest says:

I was relatively okay with the “knew outlander was going to be snubbed” thought process when I THOUGHT it would lose to GOT. But nooooo, it gets no recognition whatsoever and instead Mr Robot wins!? I swear to god I literally grew tumors in my brain reading that that ridiculous show won and once again outlander with nothing. I’m sorry Ron Moore and outlander cast :(

39. Cas says:

I really don’t think Lady Gaga was that great. But maybe I am in the minority.

40. LM says:

If an actor breaks his legs to play a man with broken legs, how is that acting? DiCaprio actually experienced everything on screen. He didn’t have to pretend. If the movie was filmed on a sound stage, then he should just be handed the Oscar – but that’s not the case.

41. J says:

Well it looks like Rachel Bloom just got her show Crazy EXGF another season.

42. Ray says:

And the next category is second best movie that deserves more love but was unlucky to be nominated the same year as The Revenant……… The winner is… The Martian

43. Gerri says:

Happy for Maura.
    Shocked about Mozart
    I tried to like Mr. Robot but couldn’t get into it. So chocked it won, esp for Christian Slater. he is usually poison for tv shows.
    Best “bit” of the night had to be Brad and Ryan. Well done boys, and you looked good doing it. But I enjoyed the Amy/J-Law and America/Eva banter as well.

44. Viv says:

Tobias Menzies got robbed!!