Austin & Ally Series Finale

Austin & Ally Finale: Laura Marano 'Really Happy' With the Series' Ending

Heads up, Disney Channel viewers: This post contains spoilers from the series finale of Austin & Ally.

After four seasons, 87 episodes and potentially limitless career changes for Trish, Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally aired its two-part series finale Sunday, giving fans a look into the characters’ futures.

The first half of the finale was all about goodbyes, with Austin preparing to head off on a world tour — one that would take him far away from Ally. The couple attempted to squeeze a year’s worth of holidays into the time they had left together, but in typical Austin & Ally fashion, it all devolved into chaos once Dez got involved.

And don’t even pretend like you didn’t get all misty-eyed during Trish’s performance of “You’ve Got a Friend.”

Years later, Austin and Ally weren’t even speaking to each other, following an amicable break-up — you know, scheduling problems — but a surprise reunion on The Helen Show made it all better. Reuniting with Austin even helped Ally regain the confidence to sing on stage, joining him for a romantic duet of “Two in a Million.”

And then there was the second time jump, which revealed a few mind-blowing twists: For starters, Austin and Ally ended up married (with children!), Dez got hitched to Carrie and Trish married… wait for it… Chuck McCoy! (I know, I know.)

As for Austin, Ally, Trish and Dez’s individual conclusions, “I think the fans are going to be happy,” star Laura Marano tells TVLine. “I’m really happy with the way it ended. It couldn’t have ended in a more complete way.”

And Marano knows a thing or two about finales. In fact, there’s one season-ender that still haunts her:

“When we ended our third season, and we didn’t know if we were going to have a fourth season, I was really mad that Austin wasn’t singing anymore,” she admits. “I was like, ‘We cannot end the show this way! No!'”

Fortunately, they did get a fourth season, allowing fans to witness the titular couple’s ultimate — and as Marano says, “complete” — ending.

“I think everyone loves opposites, and it’s been clear since the pilot that Austin and Ally are so different,” she adds. “None of us, including the producers, expected Austin and Ally to get together so soon. I didn’t even think it would happen in the second season, but the script came in, and Ross [Lynch] and I were like, ‘Well, this is happening.'”

Fans, your thoughts on Austin & Ally‘s ending, specifically those final few surprises? Grade the two-parter below, then drop a comment with your full review.

1. Ditzy-D says:

It was a nice ending. Still sad the show has concluded. I had just mentioned to the kids that I was disappointed that Chuck didn’t show up and then there he was. Good bye Austin and Ally.

2. Auslly says:

GOOD BYE AUSTIN AND ALLY :-(

3. Mia says:

Why did you have to end the best tv show ever?

4. Mia says:

I love you Auslly :(

5. Shaquaris says:

Austin and Ally was the best. I was crying and tears when it ended. It will always be remembered. GoodBye Austin and Ally

6. Asia says:

It is so nice when series finales don’t suck. I love Austin & Ally and I’m glad it got a good ending.

7. Katie says:

I am 31 years old, and I’ve lived thru the horrors of the Gilmore Girls, HIMYM and Lost finales. Seems that some shows should take a page from Disney in gifting fans a finale that both satisfies the story and the fans. Way to go, Austin and Ally.

• JM says:

I am 26 I have also lived through the horror of the HIMYM series finale (still trying to block out the memories). I love Austin and Ally and have from the beginning and was very satisfied with the ending. I think my favorite part was how Carrie and Dez’s son turned out to be a genius!

• T. says:

No because sometimes the sad ending are really good duh if everything had a happy ending the show ending wouldn’t be good.

8. allison says:

Austin&Ally was my favorite show and it will always be we will never forget you so long Austin & Ally 💖 u guys are forever in our hearts.

9. ndixit says:

I watched this show with my younger sister from when it began. I always found it cute and I actually felt sad at its ending. But it was a nice ending. Sweet and optimistic. I particularly loved how they ended it on a nice quiet scene with just Austin & Ally.

10. powerturtle90sdudemon says:

Soooo this is the first time a Disney Channel series has ended with its entire main cast having all had sex… way to go!

In all seriousness, it was a great finale. Disney Channel series have a tendency of doing so when given the proper opportunity (The Suite Life On Deck, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana, Good Luck Charlie). Even iCarly on Nickelodeon was used as a prime example of a great finale by Tina Fey when crafting 30 Rock’s finale. So don’t underestimate kids TV.

11. D.bowen says:

Sad it ended but a very good ending and I was very surprised who Trish married but all the others I knew that would happen. Also the kids looked just like there parents LOL. I”ll miss it.

• Ronni hawk says:

I know right Trish hated chuck I thought shed married Jace but Dez had to marrie someone dumber than him and every one new Austin and Ally was gonna happen as a girl personly I found out ally middle name

12. c-mo says:

This was exactly how a show is supposed to end; with all the fans happy and a fun twist (Trish married to Chuck) at the end. Nicely done, writers, you did right by Auslly!

13. Steve Gourdet says:

Goodbye Austin & Ally

I won’t ever forget this show

I ♡ your song two in a million

I love you

14. Noone Lamron says:

It was a beautiful ending and I am sad to see it go. I was surprised to see Trish ending up with Chuck I actually really wanted her and Dez to be together but I’m glad he got with someone who understands his uniqueness at least.

15. Ray says:

I don’t like Disney’s 4 years and done rule. Cancelling shows in their prime is pointless and unfair to loyal viewers. I did not watch this show but I’m at my parents last night and my 4 year old cousin was watching along with my 12 year old nephews, 49 year old aunt, and 55 year old mom. Imagine Boy Meets world without seasons 5-7.

16. MiamiH8erGirl says:

I’ve stuck with this show for the four seasons (I’ve never been much of a fan, either, I just watch when I’m bored). The writing has always been alright (nothing great, but not terrible either). As the show has progressed, the writers have made decisions that I think suck (for example, there was no escaping Austin and Ally being together, but their relationship didn’t work at all, in my opinion.) Now to the finale. The first part was actually quite good, but the second part was a total mess. I guess the writers weren’t creative enough to come up with an ending in the present, so they set it in the future, which is a total cop out. You don’t write four seasons of a show just to time jump FOURTEEN YEARS IN THE FUTURE on the last episode. This ending sucked.

17. uzma Hussain says:

Austin and Ally was My Favourite Show

18. Belle says:

One of Disney’s best series, ever! Hope my kids will be watching reruns one day…ciao to the entire cast and crew thanks for all your hard work and laughs, it’ll be missed :(

19. So perfect for each other so sad Austin and Ally ended 😢😢😢😢😢😢

20. Tamara says:

This was my absolute favorite show and my dad found me in tears at the end of it. you’ll always be in our hearts #Austin&AllyForever

21. Miraculousgirl101 says:

It was a cute ending for Austlly,I’m really sad it had to come to a close. It was the best Disney Channel show I saw…Aside from K.C. Undercover.

22. milton says:

I think the finale was a letdown. Writers are really messing up finales on Disney shows.

23. ashley says:

i was so sad to hear that the show was ending and the way it ended

24. Ausllyfan says:

I am admittedly way too old for Disney channel shows but Austin and Ally captured my heart anyway. I love the innocence and sweetness of the show. I watch too many angsty sometimes dark shows so it’s nice to watch a show that’s basically all happiness and light. I am so sad the show has ended but I’m so happy it got such a beautiful ending. I knew Austin and Ally would end up married one day but it was wonderful to see that come into fruition. If only we could’ve seen the wedding. And it was also wonderful to see Austin, Ally, Dez, and Trish still such good and close friends so many years later. After all the show at it’s heart was about the little family of this foursome. Just seeing them all happy was all I hoped for but what we got was so much better (even if Chuck/Trish was kind of out of the blue and there was some silliness with Dez/Carrie’s kid and Trish’s awards). I never expected this kind of ending for a Disney show. So happy to be surprised! I will miss this show so much but it’s really great to have a show and the characters you love get the ending it and they deserve! Beautiful ending! I loved it!

25. its was amazing last night so touching it make me cry id love all of you,d guys Trish is funny she,s quits her job ah lot of times and Dez always crazy every time nut i know that i didnt watch all four seasons including the first three seasons ,half of forth season id seen lot of u guys have grown fon on me love your show anyway Austin and ally reminds me and Jamie almost the same story is like i,am just look like u Austin /Jamie just looks lot of like ally its hurts me be without her the same filling u have four ally thats,s why i,d got emotional thanks u guys put on greatest show ever oh yeah lol form Jake Viviano from your biggest fan

26. Nevaeh Benson says:

I was crying

27. Austin and ally get married and has chrliden

28. Bryan says:

Is said

29. Olivia Moore says:

😰I can’t believe it’s ended. My TV live is over. Please somehow get back up and make more. I love u both Austin and Ally!😰

30. Alexis says:

I really liked Austin and ally because I watched all four seasons of its really sad that it was the episode i wish that they could make a fifth season (:

31. Shirmae says:

Ig this is it time to say goodbye

32. Shirmae says:

Ig this is it time to say goodbye I don’t see y but goodbye (tears in my eyes)

33. Kc says:

😩😩😩😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😢😢😢. WWWHHHYYY!!!!😭😢😢😭😭.

34. Jennifer Slater says:

I was disappointed. I enjoyed the season 3 finale a lot more, even season 2 finale was touching. They should have broken up midway through season 4 and made up in the finale. It would of made a greater impact on the show. To me season 4 was not as good as the rest of the seasons. The spark between them was not there in the last season.

35. rowan says:

I really liked the show! All but the ending :(. I wish that Austin and Ally hadn’t been adults in the end. :( I loved the show when the were kids and I wish they would have ended it with them still being kids! Now when ever I think of Austin and Ally I think of them as adults :(. I still loved the ending other than that. I’ll never forget you A&A. Good bye and thank you for 4 great seasons! :’)

36. Leah says:

It was sad and then happy but I can not be live that thrish and chuck are married

37. Beau says:

I love this show it was my fave show ever.but the seris finally was amazing!

38. Jennifer Slater says:

when Trish sang, you got a friend, they should have shown some flashbacks of all of them, also when Austin and Ally sang, two in a million, they should of shown some flashbacks of the two of them, like when he had sung, I think about you, (which was a far better song). I felt the finale a bit rushed. Did they have to end in the future, married with kids? If they should decide on a movie the story line would not be good. They should have really stopped at season 3, now that was a finale, and they would have been able to come up with a great movie afterwards, based on that finale. But I really did enjoy their past shows and had loved all the outside characters that were included in the show. More of those characters should have been in the finale. The finale was ‘Good”, not, “Great”.

• Matti says:

I agree completely. I think they should make another sequel to Austin and ally like boy meets world and girl meets world.

39. Tanner says:

Why did you take such a good show off that was a good show why because the stuff you got on now that’s coming on not good

40. scarlet macy says:

I never thought austin and ally will never end because the show is so amazing to me and then austin and ally have children that’s crazy but that’s love with ally and austin

41. D.M. says:

This was a great series. Clean. An Fun for the younger generation. No bad influences.
    Bye Austin & Allie.
    It’s been a fun road watching ur show.

42. Delexcia says:

Did you really have kids

43. Lonnie says:

I am really sad that you guy stopped making new shows because I was you biggest fan

44. I wish there be 5th season. Love Austin&ally.

45. C-f says:

I thought they did the ending very well! I loved it so much that I started to search for articles about it immediately after watching it, this being one of them ( I’m from England, so it’s just been premiered for us, I assume this is an American website since the show is American and this was written in January which obviously would be when the show was premiered where you are- you get things early, unfair! )

Anyway, I thought that it basically summed up the show pretty much. The tone and atmosphere was as warm and enjoyable as ever and the jokes were original and quirky, just like any other episode. And above all the lovable characters were at their best. All of those things were the reasons why I loved this show and felt very sentimental while I was watching this- I really don’t want this to go!

As for the characters futures, I found them quite satisfactory. Austin and Ally are meant to be together, and dez found someone who matches him perfectly and Trish and Chuck is very unexpected!

So, I will undubitably ( HAHA- references ) miss this show. I call spin-off of show like Jessie did!!!

46. Tameria says:

You guys make good characters

47. ITagz says:

Loved the finale i gave it an A+ hope to see the cast work together again

48. The Austin and ally show should not be ended because some people are Austin and ally fans and people like the show please make more Austin and ally show Austin and ally you guys are the best show ever and ya’ll have to come back and goodluck and bye Austin and ally

49. Matti Eldridge says:

I did like the ending and think that it was what we all hoped for. However, I think that Disney Channel should host a look into the gangs future as life goes on.

50. Misty says:

I wish Austin and ally didn’t end I love the show!!😃🙁