UnREAL Freddie Stroma Returning

UnREAL Boss Talks Adam's Season 2 Future, His Unfinished Arc With Rachel

UnREAL‘s creative brass recently touted Jeremy’s “angry” return in Season 2, but the status of Rachel’s other love interest, Everlasting suitor Adam, has remained a mystery — until now.

After getting dumped in spectacularly ugly fashion on live TV, Adam’s journey has come to an end: Everlasting will, indeed, relaunch with a new hot stud in the Lifetime drama’s upcoming run.

Still, “there might be” a chance that actor Freddie Stromawho has since landed a part on Game of Thrones — will reprise his role as the bachelor who won over viewers and Rachel alike, co-creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro coyly hints to TVLine. (Stroma is not among Season 2’s five series regulars: Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Craig Bierko, Josh Kelly and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman.)

“We always look at the story from the Rachel/Quinn point of view and just ask, ‘Do they still have feelings in their heart? Is there still story left?'” Shapiro explains. “And definitely, Adam and Rachel did not resolve their story.”

Shapiro adds that she and executive producer Marti Noxon were not surprised by the audience’s passion for the character, even though he often did despicable things.

“We loved him when we cast him,” Shapiro says. “When he walked into the casting room, we were like, ‘Ooh.’ Freddie could not be a lovelier human being, so there’s no reason not to be in love with him.”

1. star says:

Nooooo, I liked him a lot and I prefer him to the other dude. I hoped that the writers would have found a way to make him a regular. His chemistry with shiri is incredibly great and sexy

2. Steven says:

They should’ve found some way to keep him as a regular. Like making him the new host of Everlasting. That would’ve been interesting!

• Bwhit says:

Ohhhh I really like that idea! Adam was my favorite in season one and even though he did some bad things, compared to what the rest of them did, he was a saint.

3. tallsy says:

Yay!! This is great news that he’s back. Freddie’s busy with Game of Thrones. Plus, they need to focus on the new season of Everlasting.

• Chris says:

Hasn’t Game of Thrones just wrapped up production on its sixth season since the new season will premiere in a couple of months (at the same time that UnREAL begins production on its second season)?

4. Dani says:

I don’t know how Adam fits into this season’s storyline, but I hope he’s back somehow. And Jeremy, just… No to Jeremy.

5. Dennis says:

I’ll take Adam over Jeremy any day!!!

6. Fosho says:

I’ll watch the show if Adam is back. They should have had the second season of Everlasting at his property and made him a regular.

7. Mak says:

I don’t know why people are so harsh on Jeremy…QUinn & rachel are more sinister than any other character on this show…anyway I hope Adam & rachel’s rlship can have a proper closure if he’s not going to be a regular

8. ChrisGa says:

Loved Josh Kelly on One Life to Live but not feeling him on unReal. Could be that Freddie Stroma is so insanely sexy and charismatic that I forgot why I liked him in the first place.

9. Liz says:

Can’t they have Jason Behr on the show? I would LOVE to have a Max & Liz reunion!!

10. Sadie says:

I don’t care how, but they NEED to bring Adam back! Didn’t he make a deal with Chet and some investors to build an Everlasting spa or something like that? They could write him in using that

11. Jessie says:

Adam was scum. Glad he’s gone!

12. abby says:

booo. I wanted royal renovations!!!!