Rizzoli & Isles Cancelled

Rizzoli & Isles to End After Season 7

As many predicted when its upcoming summer run got shortened, Rizzoli & Isles will be off the case after Season 7.

TNT & TBS president Kevin Reilly officially confirmed the series’ fate on Thursday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, saying, “This is the last year for Rizzoli & Isles. That’s just the way it went down.”

“[Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander] have had a really satisfying experience. I don’t know that they wouldn’t do anymore,” Reilly added, “but they felt very comfortable that it’s had a good run. Everyone said, ‘Let’s go out and finish 13 great ones and call it a day.'”

Rizzoli‘s 13-episode Season 7 count marked its smallest order since its 10-episode freshman season. (With reporting by Rebecca Iannucci)

1. Mr. Tran K says:

This is sad. Really hope men can’t get enough Angie Harmon forever.

• The Watcher says:

TNT Really supported this show, but honestly with all the cancellations over the past few years I’m straining to find a reason to watch TNT anymore. TItans was a bust and LEVERAGE INTERNATIONAL never materialized… Still rather upset Parker Hardison & Elliot didn’t get their own show with Adam Baldwin riding Shotgun.

• Kathie says:

With R&I gone, Major Crimes will be the only original drama I watch on TNT, unless The Librarians comes back. It seems odd that MC is coming back in Feb. instead of waiting till June. My sense that it’s going off after this winter season.
        I hoped to see The Transporter again, but no sign of it yet.
        It would be cool if they would replace weekday reruns of Supernatural with Leverage. 😃

• nblackburn01 says:

Ummm, it is coming back for the longest season ever…including for the closer. MC will have a 23 episode season 4. It is a 5 episode arc starting 2/15. It will return in June for Season 5.

If TNT/Kevin Reilly cancels MC, I am done with this idiotic network. All their edgier programming have been huge flops.

I am still not convinced that R&I ending is not more of the actors decisions versus TNT based on articles I have read. I can’t see TNT being that stupid. It was there number 1 show.

• Mary S says:

Leverage can be found on ION TV. They have marathons of it one day a week, plus one episode ever so often …I have 14 episodes to watch, right now.

• mary says:

Please post there day time showing of leverage during the week. I get to watch only on all day sunday. of I am going to complete my set when I buy them all from Amazon.
            thanks for the info I am glad to to see another leverage fans. let’s keep talking about the show leverage

• rnunley2013 says:

Major crimes and Lobrsrians will it for, too.
          I sm soooo tired of losing great shows for crapola!

• mary aghedo says:

I agree100%because now I don’t watch TNT anymore. if u want to see leverage reruns r on ION television reruns every sunday all day until 11pm

• Gina says:

I agree. Another great show is taken away. Just like Leverage, another entertaining show with a stellar ensemble cast that can do it all is gone too soon. We will most likely get another reality show! Who knows they haven’t done a Real Housewives from the Dairy Farm yet – that’s what we call quality programming these days

• Kathie says:

This is the first I’ve heard of Leverage International. How cool that would be! I loved that show and still watch reruns now and then.

• mary says:

I don’t watch TNT any more they have nothing to offer thank goodness ION television reruns the best show ever leverage

2. Ralph says:

For their fans, I’m sorry to see it go. At least you get the shortened season to close it out.
    We Dallas fans weren’t give such a gift. Still hate TNT for that.

• Karma Grant says:

Felt the same about CBS/CSI: Miami. There was no notice that the last season was the final season until it was over. No season finale. Sucked and I hate CBS for it.

• Mary S says:

The Can’t Be Sensible network execs do not give a flip about being fair to viewers…but, to be honest, very few of any of the network shows get a proper finale. House got a great one. The Mentalist got a decent one. When A&E dropped The Glades, they left him lying on the floor with 3 bullets in him. Is that a proper farewell? Covert Affairs got no conclusion. Perception stopped abruptly. Longmire was picked up by Netflix…THANK YOU NETFLIX… FOREVER ENDED IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The only clue we had that Law and Order was ending was that one scene with former cast members celebrating the Captain’s cancer-free status as she announced her engagement….and that was after what, 20 years? The list of abrupt endings goes on and on and on, and some shows are never put into syndication OR sold on DVD – Harry’s Law and Perception, to name two. Even Human Target got the DVD sales… They do not care about anything except their expanding bank accounts. I would happily take some of these idiots back behind to school and teach them lessons in programming and respecting their viewers. If I had the money, I’d buy the networks and FIRE the brain-dead losers who do this to us…instead, all I can do is write to them and post here. Unsatisfactory solution, to say the least!!

• Cissie Nall says:

Agree. The same was for CSI NY. No notice… it was just gone.

• Maxine Tanker says:

I loved CSI:Miami and hated that network never gave us notice. I still watch reruns on Mondays and Tuesdays on WE.

• colleen says:

Totally agree with that. Im still miffed about dallas. Veey unfair and somebody should be picking that up

• deppobsessive says:

No series finale sucks

• mary says:

I have to agree with all comments posted regarding*TNT I will sorry to say but it sucks shows such as R&I leverage one of the best shows I’ve seen on tv since the70’s with the late jack Lord and the iconic hawaii50.they don’t make tv shows like that anymore until along came leverage and it’s fine cast Stella ensemble. and of course dallas. TNT what were u thinking there are plenty of us fans out here that luv and watch all of those shows. and u didn’t even have the descent to show a proper ending. I will never ever watch tnt again.

3. ROBIN says:

Find a excellent tv show its gone, what the heck, are you gonna keep the reruns on

• Zor says:

I find no reason to watch reruns of a show I really love and enjoy with all the commercials when I can just purchase the seasons and watch any time without all the commercial interruption. I’m really hating that they are canceling R&I but I also know that they don’t really care about the viewers, but I wonder how does their sponsors feel about it. I mean does the sponsors paying for their ads have anything to said about losing so many viewers? Maybe it is better for them as well, the less viewer the less they have to paid to advertise. Not sure how it works

4. Kathy says:

That is definitely too bad. It is great to have new programs to watch when the other shows are on reruns. It was a good show with a great cast. Another loss. Sigh….

5. Diane says:

Love this show! Another good show bites the dust it’s a shame. Hope Netflix considers taking it. Very thankful they took Longmire!

6. aph1976 says:

Rizzoli & Isles has been on for 7 seasons and i think that’s a great run.Plus i’m sure show probably knew that season being shortened was not a good sign and thus was prepared.

• johnhelvete says:

Season 6 still has (5 episodes? ) to air this February, the writers should have a reasonable amount of time to plan the ending for the series.

7. Layne says:

Kevin Reilly is leading the station in the wrong direction. It started with the cancellation of Dallas.

• mary says:

Dallas went downhill when Hagman passed away. Ratings plummeted. But R&I have done well.

• rinaex says:

Dallas deserved to be cancelled.

• mary says:

hurah hurah thank goodness but at least we fans can bet happy for Amazon. they have leverage complete set as well as the old dallas and the new dallas show so who needs TNT and if the head peabrains r to stupid to see all of fans that tnt.have loss then may tnt be gone from the television forever sense know there care about good progameing.

8. Brooklyngirl says:

I’m sorry to see it go! I always watched it!

• J. Coleman says:

This was one of my favorite shows. It was funny and entertaining. I love the way the two leading ladies interacted with each other. I will miss it.

9. Michelle Sanders says:

I really enjoy watching Rizzoli and Isles, however, I’m happy they are calling an end to this series. I do hope that there will be another set of episodes with Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander in different type of characters, but as “good guys”. Really enjoyed watching these ladies work together along with the other characters. Good Luck!

10. Ben P. says:

Will miss the show. Loved the cast especially Angie

11. Susana says:

it is with great sadness that I read this news , there are series that have up to 12 and more seasons and that has half the quality that rizzoli & Isles.
    we have to look on the positive side, there are still the remaining episodes of season 6 and the last ( sadly ) season

12. Whatevah says:

I thought the ratings were pretty good for this show? I’m kind of shocked by this.

13. Eran says:

A wonderful run, it’s had. One of the best ensembles on television. Has gotten a tad bit stale though, over the last couple of seasons, imho. Completely understand the leading ladies’ decision to bow out gracefully. Will of course see it through to the end.

14. Kris says:

I really like this show, sorry to see it end. I thnk “Castle’ will be next.

15. Lydia Green says:

I am disappointed and always look forward to there series. I hope they will return with something new.

16. Tara says:

WOW I am really surprised by this this show is really one of the only shows I watch on tv now don’t like reality tv. I know the actress’ both said in the beginning they signed for 7 yrs (seasons) but with this still getting good rating and being a top 3 show for tnt I had hoped it would continue. I hope the show writers do the ended justice for all of us loyal fans. I will the best for our fav. grime fighting duo and the rest of the great cast. Thank you for 7 GREAT yrs.

17. Television says:

So it sounds like the actors are sick of their show? That is sad.

• Simon Jester says:

I don’t know where you’re getting that from, since Reilly says, “I don’t know that they wouldn’t do it anymore” — suggesting that they were never asked to. I suspect it has more to do with contract negotiations after season 7…

• maureen says:

Does it really sound like that?

18. Leslye says:

This is so sad. Why is TNT canceling all of the good shows? Agent X was getting really good, then poof, gone.

• mary says:

Ratings were terrible.

• Mary S says:

It was in a terrible time slot! I watched the Pilot and set the DVR for “Any Day, Any Time” – I loved having our own American James Bond! I think others would have found it, eventually, and loved it as much as I did. I read some reviews that panned it, but I never trust reviewers; I had already fallen in love with the show and got really angry with arrogant people whose reviews seemed like they had never bothered to watch the show, they just read a summary and decided it would have to be bad. I HATED THOSE GUYS!!!! They discouraged people from watching, and thus the ratings went nowhere. I have many things to say about them, but, being a lady, I won’t.

19. MJ says:

I will miss this show.

20. Rem_Marshall says:

After the announcement of Weatherly leaving NCIS, I didn’t need that extra bad news.
    I really enjoy R&I and especially Harmon/Alexander chemistry. Sad to see it go… I think the show could have stayed on air at least a couple of seasons. But at least they have plenty of time to end it well. I’ll miss Maura and Jane !

21. Greg says:

Always enjoyed this show .One of the better ones on T.V.

22. Donna says:

Very sad this is the end, I looked forward once a week to watch thus show love it.

23. Boiler says:

Unless the actors did not want to continue this is another absolutely idiotic move by TNT. Every new show they add performs worse than what was cancelled. Why do people keep hiring Reilly???

• Boiler says:

Matt does anyone actually get to ask this guy questions about his dumb decisions. Nothing new works and he has gotten rid of some very popular shows. I’ll sit back and wait for an answer

24. Hege says:

That is sad! I love this show! It is fun and entertaining and I really like the relasionship between the leading ladies.

25. Kansas Blutbad says:

Bummer

26. Cindy Koch says:

I don’t want to see it go! There are not enough great shows playing on television. There are too many “reality” shows. This show will be missed greatly.

27. jeri dickinson says:

Love this show and have watched all of them, will miss it so much look forward to it back on the air. At least let both get married in the last show

28. MzTeaze says:

Well once this show goes, I will only have one show left to watch on TNT. How sad.

• Zor says:

I found TNT because of Castle reruns, and discover other great shows but so far except for R&I all have been canceled. So in my case once R&I ends I won’t have any reason to continue paying for a package that includes TNT, they have canceled all my favorite shows and I own the DVDs for the shows I do love. I guess I should be thanking TNT for saving me some $$ on my monthly cable bill and the Season DVDs

29. Linda says:

I agree with the remark about Michael Weatherly and now R&I….I’m so sick of reality TV, I could scream..I enjoy the show as it combined not only police drama, but also some humor thrown in so it wouldn’t be as dark and depressing as some of the other cop shows..I can see “realism” in the news all the time..sometimes I just wanna chill and enjoy the characters.

30. arial2 says:

Kind of confusing. The show gets GREAT ratings, so why this decision? I mean, what do they have waiting in the wings that’s going to do better than this show?

31. Jane says:

While I didn’t like the show, I am sorry for the fans and I hope you get a decent final season.

32. Marie says:

sorry to hear this, just when you get a good show that’s clean you take it off. guess there are to many people looking for sex shows

33. Marsha Ziebold says:

TNT sucks Rizzoli and isles is the best

34. JosiahBartlet4President says:

I’m not surprised. The show hasn’t been the same since Frost died and since the original show runner left.

• Olivia says:

LTY’s death was tragic and sad. But with or without him I lost all respect I had for R&I as soon as, despite the show unabashedly queerbaiting like there’s no tomorrow, some women got referred to as “that demo”. Hypocrisy and contempt at its best. Or worst, depending on how you see it.
      Although I have to give credit where credit is due, the writing and characters were interesting. I hope that their fans get a decent ending.

• JosiahBartlet4President says:

I think the writing hasn’t been good the last few years. When the show started out, it was suspenseful and dramatic. Now it’s more like a light detective comedy. And very lazy investigating. They find a few clues from the computer, ask a few questions of suspects, then BAM. They’ve found the killer.

35. Pat says:

Wow, another investment for me, in a very good show and once again the rug gets pulled out from under me. I am just curious whose decision was this and will we really know the truth. TNT is becoming one of the channels that I am beginning to hate. People are saying that seven seasons is a good run well why not ten? Now I am worried about Major Crimes.

36. Kathie says:

Hate to see it go! One by one TNT and USA have cancelled my favorite shows. Major Crimes is probably next. The newer shows I don’t like or watch. Thank God for
    Netflix and the network shows I still like.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Oh hell no NOT Major Crimes LOOOOOVE that show! The somewhat continuation of The Closer when that ended. Anyways I also like R&I that sucks but 7 seasons is enough tho.

37. Johanna says:

But why? I thought they were getting great views.. what happened? Love this show

38. Susan says:

This makes me very angry and sad!!! Why bother watch TV anymore. They cancel or end everything that’s good!!! TNT is the worst about doing it too!!!

39. Jean says:

Lousy news. Loved Rizzoli and Isles and Dallas. Finally find good shows to watch and the networks get rid of them. BOO. Same for USA station. Watched a lot of their shows and now they don’t have anything that interests me anymore.

40. Ella Jasper says:

TNT is headed in a direction that I am not going along with them. You renew Murder in the First and cancel R and I??? I guess Major Crimes will be next. What’s up TNT?

41. Sue says:

I just hate that this show is being cancelled. Why is it the bad show get renewed and the good ones get the axe? :o(

42. Ziva says:

Why on earth are they getting rid of this one. they must be mad.

43. tammy Heckerman says:

That really sucks!!!

44. Pat Goss says:

What will Bruce McGill do ?will he .remake Animal house? He played a great Daniel Simpson
    Day. I also enjoy seeing Angie Harmon & Sashay Alexander

45. SANDRA CECCATO says:

NO WAY – MY HUSBAND WILL BE DEVASTATWS!

46. vp44 says:

I, don’t know why these people so this? always get rid of the good show’ and keep the really bad ones. T.V. is not worth watching. I love Rizzoli & Isles, been with them from the start.

47. vp44 says:

Wish that TNT would get rid of Kevin Reilly, see how he feels, jackass.

48. Marianne K says:

Rizzoli and Isles, No More! What a shock. Angie Harmon and Shasha Alexander fit the characters perfectly. Good story-lines every week and also love other stars and characters they play on the show. Will miss it when noore. Love” Major Crimes”

• Marianne K says:

• Marianne K says:

Enjoy Major Crimes. Used to watch The Closer too when it was on. Glad they came up with a program centering on rest of cast members. Hope this program stays on a lot longer.

• MCK says:

Realize that season is shorter for shows on TnT. Maybe it’s too much pressure for the writers! When you have had a good run which Rizzoli and Isles has had, guess it’s time to say “That’s A Wrap!”

49. Dory says:

What a shame. The cast is great and the writing is good. I’ll be sad to see this show go.

50. Rosemary says:

Most of the shows I enjoy watching, seem to be going away. It’s getting easier to possibly make the decision to do away with my cable bill. Just doesn’t seem worth it anymore.

• nblackburn01 says:

Amen, Rosemary! The day they cancel Major Crimes, I cancel cable. There are too many cheaper options out there that I don’t have to pay for these tv execs moronic decisions of shoving “edgier” programming down our throats vs quality programs. TNT’S shows for next year already look incredibly stupid.

I stopped watching R&I a bit ago, but don’t screw with my Major Crimes.

• Cat says: