Game Of Thrones Season 7

Game of Thrones: HBO, EPs Discussing Double Renewal for Seasons 7, 8

Somebody wake up Jon Snow — there’s more Game of Thrones news afoot.

HBO is already speaking with Thrones creator/executive producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss about renewing the series for Seasons 7 and 8, HBO president Michael Lombardo confirms to our sister site Deadline.

“I think ‘seven seasons and out’ has never been the conversation; the question is how much beyond the seventh season are we going to do,” Lombardo told reporters at TCA in July 2015. “[The producers are] feeling like there’s probably two more years after six. I would love for them to change their minds, but that’s what we’re looking at right now.”

George R. R. Martin, the author upon whose books Game of Thrones is based, recently confirmed fans’ fears that Winds of Winter — the sixth novel in his Song of Ice and Fire series — won’t be finished before the show’s sixth season begins airing on April 24 (9/8c).

“Given where we are, inevitably, there will be certain plot twists and reveals in Season 6 of Game of Thrones that have not yet happened in the books,” Martin wrote on his blog. “For years, my readers have been ahead of the viewers. This year, for some things, the reverse will be true.

Your thoughts on Game of Thrones‘ future, both on paper and on screen? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. M says:

Makes me wonder if they’re adding the extra season to give GRRM enough time to finish writing and release both books separately before they end the show.

• ScottJ says:

Doubt it. Its taking GRRM 4 / 5 / 6 years per book, so at present rates the final book will come out 3 or 4 years after season 8 airs.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m hoping for GoT to end after eight seasons.

• Isobel says:

agree they can finish the story of book 6 and 7 in three seasons

• Ben says:

They just need good stuffing!. I really hope that they don’t ruin it taking too much freedom fromt he books like they did with Sansa the past season.

• Phoenix5634 says:

@isobel
        I strongly disagree, the only way they could finish the series on the 8th season is if they disregard or Rush storylines from the next 2 book. There’s still soo much that had to be shown and soo much still needs to go more in depth.

Please showrunners do more than 8 seasons, we all know 10 seasons is possible, even preferable, if your writers really try, an make a solid, in depth story like season 1-3. All seasons have been awesome tho, please give this show an amazing, in depth finale in multiple years. Please do 10 seasons. Any true fan knows the show can just barely wrap things up in 8 seasons, please HBO.

3. Scott21 says:

As much as I love this show and its my favorit I hoped season 7 will be the last

• Phoenix5634 says:

Seven seasons wouldn’t give the show a proper ending. There’s still soo much to happen, it’d be rushed if they did it in 7. I’m hoping for 8+ seasons.

To be honest if GRRM had all his books out before the show started, the show would probably be like 10 seasons. Seasons 4 and 5 have been slightly more rushed, than season 1-3, becuz they knew they’d run into the problem when the show would pass the books, so the showrunners have begun crafting they’re own path, still following the GRRM’s plan, but they have to fill in some details and what not.

Still my favourite, and the best show on TV in my opinion, and cannot wait for next season!

4. David ryals says:

Game of Thrones is one of the best shows ever keep it up guys and people like me will watch it all and buy every season. Go GOT i love you!!!!

5. Me says:

We need to see how good season six is before deciding if season seven or season eight should be it’s last. This will be the first full season that there isn’t a book to back up the series. Dialogue will be written from scratch. Are the double B’s up to the task? We will see.

• Phoenix5634 says:

They’ve had 7 or 8 seasons as a plan for years, I don’t know how long but I’ve know about it for a couple or few seasons(years) now.

6. Phoenix5634 says:

To be honest I’m hoping for 8 seasons minimum. Think about it, the Long Night as like just begun, the war for Westeros has to last atleast a full season, if not part of the next ( which would be better cuz then they could split the funding between 2 seasons and make it epic ). Then they still have the Greyjoys, and the Martells, and many other important Houses to introduce ( house Reid, house Dane, etc) who have big parts to play. Flashback scenes as well. Then there’s everything going on in Esso’s, Asshai, Et Ti. Explaining melassandre’s shadowbinding origins and arya’s true destiny. And Shai’s family/ Robert Starks wifes’ family. Then there’s Bran’s story as the last Greenseer. And lots of Targaryen secrets. And Dany hasn’t even went to Westeros yet.
    And that’s just SOME of the things, I could go on lol. And that’s before Dream of Spring. Anything less than 8 seasons would be a shame.

• Phoenix5634 says:

More than 8 seasons would be better for the story.

• Joe says:

HERE’s what will happen. Oh, and Phoenix has their head on 100% straight, and they are pretty accurate in my opinion. Here’s what will happen.
      -Season 6- 7/10 episodes will focus on wrapping up the great preparation stage before the WAR breaks out. the last 3 episodes will be much MUCH more dramatic, and will focus on beginning the dramatic long-drawn out plot for season 7 (the war).
      -Season 7- WAR. just the war, again. Lost of dramatic moments where i think people like Brienne will die. Tyrion might. Jaimie might. Maybe a Stark will die. Lady Stoneheart will have a HUGE role in the war. People like Davos Seaworth might die. Gendry will not for sure. Cersei will not for sure. Bran will not for sure. Jon will not for sure. HODOR might?
      -Season 8- finishing up the WAR… destruction, chaos, ghost town. depression. sickness. death. sadness/mourning. Wrapping up the last Season 7 plot, and beginning to see who will controll the Iron Throne. In my opinion, Jon will be rising in power, as well as Daenerys. Both will come to the realization that one of them will have to be eliminated from the Great Game. If that doesn’t happen, then maybe they will team up………..??? :D That would be AWESOME. by Season 8 if the show isn’t ended, then there will have to be something HUGE to keep the plot going. I don’t know how much longer the show will last after the War is over. Basically it’s whoever wins the War we are preparing for right now that will sit on the Iron Throne. Once the war is over (Season 8) the show has to be as well. Unless they make every house fight eachother in Season 7-8, and make the white walkers the problem in Season 9-10. That is a great possibility as well.

7. Phoenix5634 says:

I wonder if we’re ever going to see the “black fish” again, he kind of just disappeared on the show after Rob Stark’s death…. And Rickon Stark. And Waltor Frey.

I really hope we get to see Nymeria again.

8. Phoenix5634 says:

I bet Stannis got left for Ramsy to find. I don’t think she killed him right there. We never seen anything that would confirm his death the way it was shown.

9. Brandy Boda says:

You know nothing Jon Snow.
    We all must be Jon Snow..
    There needs to be moreeeeee!

10. Mary Marcille says:

Why did John Snow have to die?

11. Tracey sweeting-rowe says:

Jon snow has to come back and be reunited with the stark girls……Please.

12. Chuck wilson says:

I love this show I hope it never ends I have bought the first 3 seasons and plan on buying them all this is a great show

13. K.Wilson says:

The show doesn’t totally go by the books anyway, so for those of us who read before being able to see Mr Martins visions come to life. Bring on the shows, and bring on the books.

14. alecia lathrop says:

Absolutely love season 6 so far. It’s crashing with answers to all my questions from previous episodes. Game of thrones will always be my favorite show of all time. Going to be very sad when it finally ends.

15. vince says:

Except that a lot of the actors are probably starting to get property tax bills addressed to their characters, I’d be delighted to see “GOT” continue on for two or three more years! Prune some of the more peripheral former “main” characters and pump up the roles of supporting actors like Bronn and the Snakes.

I don’t think that GRRM need worry too much about the HBO series and the printed word diverging and disappointing anyone… they’ve each their own existence lines now and have become independently viable.

16. Wagonball says:

Yes 13 episodes but thirteen episodes for season 7 and 8 not freaking 7 and 7 in two year’s?Are these guy’s so Greedy that they cant just pay the actors what they are worth and get on with it.I think they should just make the last season into a three part movie that is three hours long each A La lord of the ring’s.I guarantee you a 5 hundred million budget on three movies will make them 2 billion in return or more.

17. Barb R says:

I am hoping GoT NEVER ends! But if it must we need to go at least to 9 or 10 seasons.

18. Nick says:

In my opinion, There has to be at least a seventh season and possibly an eighth. I would love to see how game of thrones directors will convey a battle between daneyrs and cersi lannister. I think we are in for a fantastic ride.