Daredevil Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Watch First Teaser, Analyze Poster

Work is far from over for Daredevil.

The Netflix superhero drama will return for Season 2 on Friday, March 18, it was announced Thursday.

Season 2 of Marvel’s Daredevil — now under the helm of Doug Petrie (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, American Horror Story) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy) — finds Matt facing a new foe courtesy of The Punisher (Jon Bernthal, The Walking Dead) and former flame Elektra Natchios (Elodie Yung, G.I. Joe: Retaliation).

Watch the new teaser trailer above, then feast your eyes on the “Last Judgement” Season 2 poster (click to zoom — and you will):
daredevil-s2-poster

1. Tom says:

Can’t wait, loved the first season

2. Simon Jester says:

Liked the first season, but that’s a pretty ‘meh’ S2 trailer (and overly reminiscent of the first season credits for THE LEFTOVERS).

3. Bob says:

That poster looks like it was made by someone who just discovered photoshop

• Norman Pettingill says:

The poster is meant to invoke a battle between heaven and hell done in the style of a Renaissance painting. It is NOT meant to look like a slick, shallow Photoshop image.

4. Lysh says:

Great trailer! The skull and the March date got me jazzed. I can’t wait!

5. Rebecca says:

Not that great of a trailer. No new footage? It’s basically just lines from S1….. Kind of lame tbh.

6. Amanda says:

So excited for season 2!!! Looking at the poster I swear I see a couple of the “Jessica Jones” characters in it. We already knew the cop Foggy gave the cigars to is Will Simpson’s partner and he’s on the left side, and underneath him it looks like Will helping up a blonde female officer. In the middle, one of the men looks like Killgrave and there’s a girl jumping that looks like Jessica and it looks like one of the blonde women might be Trish. Really hope that means more crossovers are coming as it’s been hinted at and expected as it leads up to “The Defenders” mini-series.

7. asm says:

I’m binge watching this series, but it felt a little off because it lacks of women “power” like in Jessica jones. I love female character that kicked ass, but this series has none, beside Claire. Maybe this series is just for men, I don’t know. But I love the “mafia” storyline. It’s the best thing in season 1.

• Shaun says:

Elektra

• Sarah9 says:

HM..I’m a woman and I love this series. Not every women needs to be a kickass heroine it will be a bit unrealistic and this show represents that.

• Jamie says:

You can’t really say it has none and then name one. Claire is awesomely badass, and doesn’t back down from a challenge. Just because she isn’t violent doesn’t mean she doesn’t have woman power – she’s the real reason why Matt is still alive! I would say that Karen (while quite traumatized by what she’s been through) also kicks ass. That show down between her and Wesley in season 1 was quite compelling.
      Also, Elektra is coming this season – she’s as badass as they come. I’m so ready to see her throw down this season. If anyone is going to kick some butt, “woman power” style, it’s her.

• Hannah says:

Truth! The first time we meet Claire, she is literally saving the superhero’s life. And she does it again and again.

• rinaex says:

asm, it’s your problem if you only think women who “kick ass” are strong. Karen and Claire were both strong, complicated characters. And I loved Daredevil, would still put it above Jessica Jones, though that was great as well.

8. Sarah9 says:

It’s a teaser not a trailer!!
    Netflix always releases there trailer late so I don’t see the problem with this teaser.
    Know we have an official date..can’t wait!

9. Guilherme says:

Loved this teaser of The Leftovers.

10. what do you guys think of daredevils uniform?

11. Sam Bane says:

Hopefully, there won’t be any Jessica Jones crossovers. That show really lacks the same writing power as Daredevil. Nothing about the series really makes me give a crap about the drunken whiner that is Jessica Jones. Change writers and main actress, and it may appeal to someone other than to female democratic man-haters. Only decent character in the Jones series is Luke Cage. Awesome actor. Cancel Jessica and do a Luke Cage: Power Man series with Daredevil crossovers, like they do with Arrow and Flash series.